Class of 2015 - JUCO OLB Ted Taylor (KS) Signed LOI | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 JUCO OLB Ted Taylor (KS) Signed LOI

There is absolutely no chance in hell the kid runs a 4.5.

So if the kid is so good why did we just start recruiting him 2 days ago, and no other program, at any level has recruited him? I know, I know our staff is that much better at spotting talent.

I'm 6'3 210lbs as well, does that mean i have the athletic tools to play there?
Yeah well i'm 5'9" and 200 lbs and I can run the 40 in 15.1 seconds! and 11.5 if its down hill!

Ok, so take your chance on a HS kid. This kid is already 2 years out of HS. He has 2 years left to play, if he was going to develop into Jayson Bromley he would be showing some signs by now.

And by my count this would be the 4th scholarship used on the hope of snagging a Jay Bromley type of player. None have panned out thus far, so there are 4 scholarships. Mind you we aren't good enough where we can keep wasting scholarships.

4th?

It's a two year investment, if it fills in a hole in the roster, that's exactly what you use JUCO's for. Bring in older more mature players to bring class balance to a position if it is bottom heavy with underclassmen. Practice, specials, depth. There is NOTHING wrong with it.

Taking a pure flyer on a HS kids can tie up a scholarship for four years if it doesn't pan out.

Enough. We are not going to continue down this path. If you don't like the offer/commit keep it to yourselves. I will delete any further derogatory posts. Keep it up and someone will be taking a vacation from the forum.

Enough. We are not going to continue down this path. If you don't like the offer/commit keep it to yourselves. I will delete any further derogatory posts. Keep it up and someone will be taking a vacation from the forum.

Huh? Because peopke have different opinions they can't state them? I didn't know everyone had to break out the pom poms for every single thing the program does. Pretty stupid if you ask me.

Huh? Because peopke have different opinions they can't state them? I didn't know everyone had to break out the pom poms for every single thing the program does. Pretty stupid if you ask me.
There's a difference between breaking out the pom poms and just refraining from calling a kid a waste of a scholarship before he ever even sets foot on campus.

There's a difference between breaking out the pom poms and just refraining from calling a kid a waste of a scholarship before he ever even sets foot on campus.

It has nothing to do with the kid, it was more a shot on the staff.

Go is right though. You're talking a kid who's way more physically mature and ready to compete than a high school Blister. It's a 2/3 year investment rather than a 4/5 year investment. If neither pans out who would you rather waste the scholie on? Plugs a hole, fills depth with a kid who at the very least is more physically mature to push kids. Dodge City is high level juco.

we haven't whiffed on too many juco's contributing either.

I feel like this is a good time to point out that RECRUITS AND PARENTS VISIT THIS FORUM. It sure would be nice if we didn't have people completely tearing down recruits, wouldn't it?

So I guess that means nobody can ever express opinions that might not be anything but praise, and adoration. OK.

Wow. Out of all of this, I'M the one who gets a post deleted for telling someone to stop running down a recruit. That makes sense.

No it was how you phrased it. Stop it both of you.

I see a late bloomer here. Do the math. His HS coach said he weighs 215 and has gained 35 lbs. over the last two years. So he came out of HS as a 180 lb. DE/OLB. Not surprising he didn't get any offers. Fills out over the past two years, is hurt most of this season and slips through the cracks again. We end up taking a chance with our 85th scholie on a late blooming, FLA kid who maybe turns into something special. Worth taking a chance if you ask me.

I'm guessing that's where the similarities between your, um, "measurables" and this kid's begin and end. And I certainly doubt that you have a fraction of the athleticism nor the speed this kid boasts. No offense to you, but I put a lot more stock in what posters who are former coaches like CIL have to say in terms of reviewing film / evaluating speed than you.

I don't disagree that this deviates from normal recruiting. I'm certainly not predicting that he's going to start, let alone star. But athletes do slip through the cracks. Womack is a helluva athlete--why was HE not recruited by no other program at any level [I know there were a few nibbles, but not appreciably more than Taylor] by national signing day? BTW, that happened with the former Alabama head coach [DuBose] as his HS head coach. How?

We were in a position where we had a couple of open scholarships. The staff didn't have to use them, which I know is what you advocated. But they made the decision to CHOICEFULLY extend those scholarships to players who they thought could upgrade the team's athleticism. Both Womack and Taylor apparently fit that bill.

How it plays out from there, who knows? But per my note above, even if Taylor only ends up as a contributor on special teams [like Llewellen Coker a few seasons ago--yes, I know he also played on the tank package, but he ended up primarily making his contributions on special teams], that's not a waste of a scholarship nor is it going down the list to nab a B-Lister, at least not in the traditional sense. We had zero incentive to use that scholarship just to fill a hole--that's important to keep in mind.

Don't worry my feelings aren't hurt, and nothing personal, but I don't put much stock into anything you say (nor your little peanut gallery who likes all the posts) mainly because I stop reading your exhausting posts after the first couple sentences.

Don't worry my feelings aren't hurt, and nothing personal, but I don't put much stock into anything you say (nor your little peanut gallery who likes all the posts) mainly because I stop reading your exhausting posts after the first couple sentences.

You've been increasingly defensive and argumentative ever since the NCAA stuff didn't go the way you suggested it would. Unfortunately, your behavior is what's REALLY exhausting--for the vast majority of the board.

As for my "peanut gallery" -- who might that be? People who think critically instead of just blindly accepting everything that you say as gosepl on every topic?

Unsubscribe.

I'm going to take cuse legacy's advice and take the high road, because honestly--engaging with you when you're actively trolling for a fight is a poinless waste of time.

Last edited:
You really should just leave it be. You aren't doing your image any favors now.