Judah Mintz to test NBA Draft waters | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Judah Mintz to test NBA Draft waters

Status
Not open for further replies.
How neutral is the NBA pre-draft process towards actual draft value for kids? Is it a genuine best estimate or does it lean toward getting guys to enter.
It is very open and honest because there is no way a Judah is going to move the needle even if he were pick #29. But if he comes back and plays his butt off, there could be some nice media coverage for him this year coming up. Also, he could get a lot of NIL money if he comes back and leverage this past year he had. But They leave it to the kid and their family from there when it comes to the draft…

When he realizes his stock is going to be second round from what he is told, he will be back… Being a second round pick right now does absolutely nothing. Next year first round and guaranteed money. No brainer and everyone is preparing as if he is coming back
Exactly this. Judah is projected a mid 2nd rounder. Judah is a legitimate case where NIL and coming back a year makes way too much sense. You know he’s going to get paid if we comes back a year at Syracuse. And then he will improve his stock for next years draft. The money difference from a mid 2nd rounder to a lottery pick is pretty big. A lottery pick is where I see Judah next year and I think the people around him know that. But he’d also be dumb bit to test the waters right now and at least go through the process. Nothing unexpected coming from Judah at this point.

And for people worried that he will transfer if he comes back to college. Don’t be. It’s Syracuse or NBA.

This was inevitable and is a salary negotiation like at any job when you have two offers. He has the NBA money and the Weitsman NIL money on the table and it’s on him to decide which offer is better. Good on Judah and he deserves it.

I expect like some have said for him to look excellent at the combine but not to surpass the more tested Guards entering.

Symir probably wouldn’t have left if he thought Judah was gone. It will be interesting to see if Joe comes back. I still think we need a stud wing.
Still waiting for Joe to announce for the portal. Right?

Mike Waters was on Orange Nation before he announced and said he expected him to test the waters, but thought he’d return next year. The early indications currently is he’s a second round pick. If he came back I could see him go late lottery.
Think about that. Mike isn't a NBA scout. He didn't come up with that opinion on his own.

Just read this.

Judah Mintz has declared for the NBA Draft, will retain college eligibility
Judah Mintz has declared for the NBA Draft, will retain college eligibility
1679359926287.jpeg

I don't think CJ actually ever declared / tested the waters. Intended to do so after the 2013 F4 run, but talked himself out of it on the drive back to Syracuse after spending a post-season weekend at home.
Think you’re right. Thats the only name I could think of.

Did Lydon test after his frosh year? I dont think so

Yeah, this was expected. Not concerned...and if he somehow is a 1st rounder, he should go

You’d be stupid not to test and get feedback if you are anywhere close to be an NBA pick (first or second). Staying in the draft vs returning are seperate conversations.
Last year June 1st was the last day to withdraw from the draft. Not sure if 2023 is exactly the same but we could know in about nine weeks. Lots can be accomplished in that time frame.

It seems to me that our guys that are borderline always seem to grade out very well at the combine. If he gets an invite I will be surprised to see him back at SU. It’s just the world now.

Perfect response by Red on this (the HC even having a response on social media is new, and what boomer channels were used always resulted in a foot-in-mouth situation).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom