Judah Mintz to test NBA Draft waters | Page 38 | Syracusefan.com

Judah Mintz to test NBA Draft waters

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m going to say something might be unpopular but I think we move on now regardless we have to treat these situations as if players are leaving these days and can’t be saving spots for people
Feel free.

I think he is being told he will go at a spot I don't think he will go at. But he is right at the line where it is a toss up for him. I think right now, he leaves. We will see if anything changes that over the next few weeks.
The key is to keep him officially decided for another 2-3 weeks.

I am not as worried about the portal for Judah as others. The NBA is a different matter.
No illusions, the kids going to impress in workouts and 2 on 2s. He’s an NBA talent. Just gotta hope he gets encouraging feedback that suggests he’d be a lotto or near next year I guess

I disagree with this. If it’s likely you get drafted, you go and don’t look back.
Many many guys who have been projected second round picks have chosen to return to college with the hope of improving their stock.

Last edited:
Many many guys who have been projected second round picks have chosen to return to college.
I don't know how it works now but in past days, there was a big difference between 1st and 2ud round guarantees. May not be the case now.

I disagree with this. If it’s likely you get drafted, you go and don’t look back.
It depends on the player. If CJ Fair or Tyus Battle were being told they’d be drafted, they probably should have gone because they weren’t likely to improve upon that. Judah should have higher expectations than getting picked at the end of the draft and syracuse can and should be offering enough money to entice him to pass that up.

It depends on the player. If CJ Fair or Tyus Battle were being told they’d be drafted, they probably should have gone because they weren’t likely to improve upon that. Judah should have higher expectations than getting picked at the end of the draft and syracuse can and should be offering enough money to entice him to pass that up.

Which chasing a guy like Mccleod should provide some freedom there... can't see him coming with a high NIL price tag.

I don't know how it works now but in past days, there was a big difference between 1st and 2ud round guarantees. May not be the case now.
Teams have started giving good guarantees to players picked in the 30-40 range of the 2nd round now. Once you get past that, it seems to be mostly two-way/minimum deals where guys hope to prove themselves worthy of a guaranteed contract during their rookie season. I think top 40 at this point is the line where you have to seriously consider staying in the draft. My gut instinct is that Judah will be inside the top 40, and top 30 if he does well in workouts.

The more things change..

Teams have started giving good guarantees to players picked in the 30-40 range of the 2nd round now. Once you get past that, it seems to be mostly two-way/minimum deals where guys hope to prove themselves worthy of a guaranteed contract during their rookie season. I think top 40 at this point is the line where you have to seriously consider staying in the draft. My gut instinct is that Judah will be inside the top 40, and top 30 if he does well in workouts.
I don't see him in the top 30 Top 40 is right about where I think he goes. I think he is being told a bit higher than top 40. That is the rub.

I don't see him in the top 30 Top 40 is right about where I think he goes. I think he is being told a bit higher than top 40. That is the rub.

That's tough... I hardly ever hear a conversation around a rookie and whether he went 17 or 35 anymore It's about production and progress...

He’s losing millions of dollars by being drafter in the second round…it’s worked out for some players in the past but Judah is no Jeremy Grant and to be honest Grant lost millions to initially and so did many many others. These kids don’t listen he could be a sure fire first rounder but he wants to be a 2nd round pick….move on!!!

Yes why are we waiting on him at this point. Reading the leaves he’s 90% gone unless we overpay on NIL… which we won’t.

Yes why are we waiting on him at this point. Reading the leaves he’s 90% gone unless we overpay on NIL… which we won’t.
90 percent gone isn't 100 percent gone for guys who would maybe come in. Unless the expectations are Red should cut bait with Judah, what more can he do at this juncture?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom