Judah Mintz to test NBA Draft waters | Page 40 | Syracusefan.com

Judah Mintz to test NBA Draft waters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Portsmouth already happened, its a showcase for seniors. Likely looking at either NBA Draft Combine or no combine at all.
There’s no way Judah is not getting a combine invite. If you look at the names on the G League combine invite list, Judah is ahead of many of them on mock drafts. Some of them aren’t even listed on the mocks.

There’s no way Judah is not getting a combine invite. If you look at the names on the G League combine invite list, Judah is ahead of many of them on mock drafts. Some of them aren’t even listed on the mocks.

Yeah it would be absolute shock if he didn't at this point

If they tell Judah what he wants to hear, he gone.

If Judah has a bad combine and they tell him he's a late 2nd rounder, maybe he comes back.

We'll have the answer in a few weeks.

Pre-NIL, Judah would've been gone as soon as he announced. At least now we can hold out the slimmest of hopes that he comes back. I mean, it's the same hope that we can come back from 20 points down with under 5 minutes to play; but, it's something.

Pre-NIL, Judah would've been gone as soon as he announced. At least we can hold out the slimmest of hopes that he comes back. I mean, it's the same hope that we can come back from 20 points down with under 5 minutes to play; but, it's something.

We've blown 20 point leads with 5:00 left. So we've got that going for us.

Got it.. for some reason I thought they had underclassmen too. Looking at the G league combine seems to me it would be odd if he didn't get an invite to the NBA combine. He's a better prospect than many on that list.
Yeah, most of the guys going to the G-League combine have basically no chance of being drafted.

You expected something different?
lol.

for me its cut the cord and move on as it appears he has. I hope he is able to consolidate one year of shot development into 6 weeks pre draft. Not sour grapes. I'd like to watch him i the NBA but his shot isn't close to there yet.

Last edited:
for his sake i hope he has a great combine. He is very fortunate in if he doesn't he has an NIL deal and a great situation in Syracuse waiting for him. Kid is blessed for sure.
I hope he has a great combine. But even more important, I hope it is a definitive combine. I hope he gets clarity after the combine...yes, I will be a first rounder or ...no, I need to go back for one more year. That borderline stuff is when our kids tend to do the worst.

for his sake i hope he has a great combine. He is very fortunate in if he doesn't he has an NIL deal and a great situation in Syracuse waiting for him. Kid is blessed for sure.
This is a great take on the situation. What's best for him might be what's best for us - but you can't go wrong rooting for the kid

Last edited:
The improvement we saw during his first year from the first game to his last games was impressive. He learned so much, was so coachable becoming a true point guard as he progressed, that I’d love to see him continue to prove that he’s just scratched the surface. My hopes are he begins drives not just to shoot or find a Jesse, Brown type player underneath for a pass but also to set up players on the perimeter for open shots. I’d like to see a continued improvement on his 3 point shots and his drives resulting in mid range to the foul line pop and stop shots. As he opens up his game to even more passing opportunities, getting stronger and displaying a wider variety of shot making skills while proving his commitment to man to man defense, I’d think his position and $ opportunity next year in the NBA would be undeniable. Not just great for SU but for him personally too.

lol.

for me its cut the cord and move on as it appears he has. I hope he is able to consolidate one year of shot development into 6 weeks pre draft. Not sour grapes. I'd like to watch him i the NBA but his shot isn't close to there yet.
I agree. I don’t blame him a bit if he goes and will root for him his entire career regardless, but I don’t agree with many on this board that he’s clearly got an NBA future ahead of him. Succeeding at the guard position in the NBA must be the hardest thing in all of pro sports, or it seems that way at least. The list of amazing college guards who did not make it is virtually endless.

I just read one that doesn't have him drafted.
I can't think of another player potentially leaving SU early that is so hard for me to predict and even have an idea about as Mintz...that I am also as conflicted about.

hes a great player. fun to watch. one of those players that you just love to have on your team as a fan...

He WILL be a great PG some day...probably sooner rather than later. pretty sure

I really really hope as a fan of SU basketball that he comes back

but his freshman season was mostly potential and promise of the future, even at the NCAA level.

last year's team was 17-15 and he was the starting PG and had the ball in his hands more than any other player on the team by far. it was the season that got JB fired. it was bad. and as a freshman, mintz had too much responsibility for a player of his experience, imo,,,not blaming mintz at all...he did his best and gave max effort all the time...just being real. its just weird when a significant player kinda wasnt enough to be the player that team needed (due to age) but that player is also too good to come back...a weird paradox as a fan.

his development throughout the season was great...and is a big reason why he will likely get drafted. but he wasn't actually a winning PG at the ACC level for almost all of last season, imo. I truly do not think he is close to being ready to dominate in the NBA - or even get many minutes - but I do think he could get there eventually.

I truly think for his development and long term prospects at the next level...it is in his best interest to come back and start at PG next season in the NCAA. play full games. be the man, feel the pressure and this time overcome it. he had a lot of games last year where it was simply too much for him to handle - especially at the end of games... which is why I am so sure that he isn;t ready right now for the NBA...for me, going to the NBA now is taking the easy way out.

part of me is also kinda thinkng - okay we suffered with you last year as fans...now it's only right to come back and have a killer season...and properly do it up in NCAA now...(which I think would happen but that isnt a 100% guarantee, either) he does have areas to work on for his game to truly be a PG...and there;s a chance he doesnt quite get there in what would be his sophomore season as well.

i think starling and westry are really good and there's no telling where the 3 will rank vs each other 5-10 years from now...I really would be excited as a SU fan if Judah comes back...but I also think the backcourt is already in good hands regardless.

Judah is gone. Nobody should return to school if they are 19 and can get drafted. All you guys would do it too. Go when the iron is hot. Learn from the lessons of CJ Fair, Tyus Battle, Hillary Clinton, Donald Trump, and countless others whose stock fell after they got exposed. The ‘Cuse will survive. This dude’s goal is to play in the NBA, not be a Syracuse Basketball player. Sound harsh? The truth is harsh.

Judah is gone. Nobody should return to school if they are 19 and can get drafted. All you guys would do it too. Go when the iron is hot. Learn from the lessons of CJ Fair, Tyus Battle, Hillary Clinton, Donald Trump, and countless others whose stock fell after they got exposed. The ‘Cuse will survive. This dude’s goal is to play in the NBA, not be a Syracuse Basketball player. Sound harsh? The truth is harsh.
If he goes at 43, he won't be playing in the NBA much next year IMO. He'd be playing in the G League. Maybe have a cup of coffee or two if the team isn't very good.

That doesn't mean he shouldn't leave. Just pointing out that it's more likely he doesn't play in the NBA if he's a 2nd round pick than likely he does.

If he goes at 43, he won't be playing in the NBA much next year IMO. He'd be playing in the G League. Maybe have a cup of coffee or two if the team isn't very good.

That doesn't mean he shouldn't leave. Just pointing out that it's more likely he doesn't play in the NBA if he's a 2nd round pick than likely he does.

1st round picks find their way getting G league minutes too...

love and hip hop what GIF by VH1

I’m going to say something might be unpopular but I think we move on now regardless we have to treat these situations as if players are leaving these days and can’t be saving spots for people
Poor long term strategy. Also, provided there are no off court issues, you don’t drive away talent; you make reasonable accommodations for it.

Every 2nd round guy thinks they will end up on this list. Ranking the 10 Best 2nd-Round NBA Draft Picks of All Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom