Judah Mintz to test NBA Draft waters | Page 105 | Syracusefan.com

Judah Mintz to test NBA Draft waters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Judah can’t go wrong either way. If he ends up as a late 2nd rounder or UDFA he will get the opportunity to prove himself in the G league or a 2 way deal like Buddy and Cole. If he sticks, he will work on his degree and have a very good chance to lead the ACC in scoring, in a more friendly system for him. Good to hear he has a good camp, father thats a lawyer, etc. I’m sure Autry and the SU coaches are supporting as well.

For SU fans, either we have another guy in the NBA to help with recruiting or we have a potential AA coming back.
The G League is not a good spot to be in. There's this belief that it's iron sharpens iron down there. The way it is run, it's a 180 of MiLB and the AHL where if you perform at or above expectations, you improve your standing in the organization and have the chance to actually develop. Unless you're on a two-way, you do not want to be down there.

The G League is not a good spot to be in. There's this belief that it's iron sharpens iron down there. The way it is run, it's a 180 of MiLB and the AHL where if you perform at or above expectations, you improve your standing in the organization and have the chance to actually develop. Unless you're on a two-way, you do not want to be down there.

If Judah stays in draft but isn't drafted I guarantee he is getting a two way contract.

Yes, everyone knows the deadline is tomorrow night.

I would like to know if the answer is coming this morning, this afternoon, tomorrow morning, etc.

It would be great to know there is no reason to check this thread for 12 hours, 24 hours, etc.
There really isn't any reason to check back before Thursday morning, other than curiosity, unless you're looking to make an NIL deal with someone that is based on Judah's decision and time is of the essence.

Yes, but even the wrong decision could still lend itself to a ten year career making six figures overseas. Trust the process and trust yourself. No ideas if Judah is even a future NBA rotation player, but he has enough skills that he should get a good hard look from someone.
I don’t want to be overseas leaving my family. Pass
No because Melo was a Top 3 pick. NIL or not, you don't turn that down.
Boeheim told him to go

he's leaving money on the table in his first contract if he leaves.
And, as we know, nothing is guaranteed (especially NBA tenure).

Look at the careers of 2nd round folks on Basketball Reference (I mentioned this earlier in the thread). You can quickly cycle through the years on the top of the page below "2010 NBA Draft", etc.

Yep.

But this kid has an irrational confidence, which is great on the floor. Rationally, he should come back, especially in an NIL world. Emotionally, seems clear what he wants to do.

The only thing I do not want to have happen is for him to wind up at a different school next year….

A roster can only have two players with two-way deals. He probably gets a training camp invite before a two-way.

Given there is a lot of potential to work with and mold there I would think a 2 way space for Judah isn't a concern for an NBA team to expend. Buddy and Cole of course are shooters but if they can land a 2 way- absolutely Judah can.

I hope he comes back too but the kid is a talent.

Yep.

But this kid has an irrational confidence, which is great on the floor. Rationally, he should come back, especially in an NIL world. Emotionally, seems clear what he wants to do.

The only thing I do not want to have happen is for him to wind up at a different school next year….

Which has long passed with the portal closed and only grad txfrs can portal now.

If Judah stays in draft but isn't drafted I guarantee he is getting a two way contract.
I wouldn't say its guaranteed. In looking at the guards that got two-way last year, the average age is 23 and most of the two way contracts went to players outside the current draft year. He's not just competing against the guys in his draft class for the two way but all the guys in the GLeague currently, in Europe and any player waived by another NBA team with less than 4 years experience in the NBA.

I wouldn't say its guaranteed. In looking at the guards that got two-way last year, the average age is 23 and most of the two way contracts went to players outside the current draft year. He's not just competing against the guys in his draft class for the two way but all the guys in the GLeague currently, in Europe and any player waived by another NBA team with less than 4 years experience in the NBA.

Doesn't the expansion to 3 per team take effect this year? Also I get there is competition but he is young, good potential, good showing albeit not great at combine... this is all on the premise he doesn't get drafted at all.

A roster can only have two players with two-way deals. He probably gets a training camp invite before a two-way.
I think they’re suppose to increase from 2 2-way deals to 3 2-way deals starting 23-24 NBA season
A04FF7B6-8F3E-405E-B0EE-20200DBE1E5B.jpeg

If Judahs goal is a 2 way then he shouldnt have trouble getting that. I would hope that hed want more than that because it feels hes leaving a lot on the table there. Hes a first round talent with a bit more refinement and improved jumper.

Worst case he gets a 2 way and can fight his way into the NBA, not ideal but gives him a chance like Buddy and Cole.

Only way of avoiding G League is to be a 1st or early 2nd round pick in most cases.

He wouldn’t be the first kid that left college maxing out at a 2-way

There is a good chance that he will make more $$ coming back to Syracuse than what he will get staying in the draft this year. This is where NIL really helps kids. But it does make their decision more difficult. Without NIL, there would be no decision to make.
even without NIL he should come back to school, imo...

"no decision to make" territory is when you are a projected lottery pick/1st rounder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom