Judah On GTown's Portal Wishlist? | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Judah On GTown's Portal Wishlist?

JJ is not better at much than Judah, shooting? And I don’t even know about that. I think he makes better decisions, but not a fan of his game at all.
I am a big fan of his game. He is a piece of the puzzle and not as ball dominant, and has improved greatly as the season has worn on.

I expect big things from him next year, and he's going to be a very big part of what we're trying to do in '24-25.

JJ is not better at much than Judah, shooting? And I don’t even know about that. I think he makes better decisions, but not a fan of his game at all.

I like JJ but his game is just different. Maybe with a better PG he would look better but overall he plays the game oddly.

Givony put Mintz at #55 on his first 2025 mock draft. Source: 2025 NBA mock draft: Who takes the No. 1 spot next year?

Going to call out a few things:
>> He has Bronny at #39. I still can't believe anyone would pick him unless he makes a major jump and/or you are signing Bron, I guess.

>> We need Judah to make it in the NBA, but this doesn't feel like it will hold just like this year. 55 is at the back end of the draft and the 2025 draft is stronger. Also seems to align with this year being a 100% no go with the potential shopping for a big NIL dea.

>> Bathea is mocked at #4.

>> No Freeman

Yep, that's my worry. We have some good players now and they play hard, but the fit isn't necessarily there. Red has his work cut out for himself to find the right fits and push the right buttons next year, assuming the core 4 non-Judah players are back.

Potentially our two best players will be PF's next year.
The shooter doesn't do much else.
The guards don't defend and are all shot first types. The latter can work, but there's not enough shooting or rebounding available around them.
Having multiple perimeter players on the court together that can't shoot is tough.
Still no clue where we get a Center that can play.

I think Freeman is going to get run at the 3. The reason he made McD's is because he has excellent perimeter skills for a big guy. He'll probably be better from three than Benny was.

I like JJ but his game is just different. Maybe with a better PG he would look better but overall he plays the game oddly.

Over 17 points a game for the last 12 games, even with a couple recent bad shooting games.

I think Freeman is going to get run at the 3. The reason he made McD's is because he has excellent perimeter skills for a big guy. He'll probably be better from three than Benny was.
Freeman shot 28% from 3 in AAU this past season and is shooting 28% in high school this season. Maybe he figures it out in the offseason but there’s no reason to expect him to provide competent 3 point shooting right now.

Freeman shot 28% from 3 in AAU this past season and is shooting 28% in high school this season. Maybe he figures it out in the offseason but there’s no reason to expect him to provide competent 3 point shooting right now.
I think he has potential to be a really good shooter. I have said previously (in a drunken state) that he would be our best shooter. But, I doubt he will shoot many threes next year at all. He has a great stroke. I bet we don't see him become a huge three point threat until he is in the NBA.

I think he has potential to be a really good shooter. I have said previously (in a drunken state) that he would be our best shooter. But, I doubt he will shoot many threes next year at all. He has a great stroke. I bet we don't see him become a huge three point threat until he is in the NBA.

If our past forwards are any guide, he'll want to show the league that he can make that shot. By sophomore year, a McDonald's AA is going to be taking quite a few of them, I'll bet.

Team won’t miss him nearly as much as people like to think.

Starling is a much better lead guard, and Copeland will more than make up for Mintz’s distribution.

We will be more than fine without him.
starling couldnt be less of a lead guard. He essentially has 1 hand.

Screenshot won't post because of the format but Quadir's instagram story is him and Judah in a pregame post and Quadir captioned it "The Last Dance." Lolllllll
IMG_5693.jpeg

Screenshot won't post because of the format but Quadir's instagram story is him and Judah in a pregame post and Quadir captioned it "The Last Dance." Lolllllll
Frankly, I don't envy that Red has the task of keeping guys with one (or more) foot out the door focused and on the same mission as those committed to the team.

To see what Red has done with a team that is undermanned and often immature, I can't wait to see what he does once he gets his program built his way.

I can't speak to Quadir but Mintz is highly unlikely to be back here.
Yeah the second those leaks came out about the portal as well as some of the shots taken by Red via Seth Greenberg...Judah in orange wasn't gonna be a long term thing. Prob best for all parties tbh. Hope someone gives him a big check.

think tcm classic best encapsulates the judah /quadir experience this season.

one wants a million dollars. the other hotdog.

well let's hope every time a bell rings it's a trey tonite !

Last edited:
Maybe Quadir is saying last ride with Judah? That's my hope at least, I'd like Quadir back next year.
Agreed - he did break the news about McLeod being done for the year about a week or two before Red so he’s not always the most tight lipped lol

Yeah the second those leaks came out about the portal as well as some of the shots taken by Red via Seth Greenberg...Judah in orange wasn't gonna be a long term thing. Prob best for all parties tbh. Hope someone gives him a big check.

Why do you hope someone gives him a big check? I hope he's either here next season, or playing professionally in some regard.

I know he gets a lot of crap here, but the kid is a very good player. I don't want to lose him to another college program. We need to keep our best & most talented players from transferring. Turning professional (or more professional at this point) is much different than heading for greener pastures.

I don't see Q leaving -- i think it's a clear reference Judah is gone, which shouldn't be a shock to anyone.

Judah is going to try for the NBA and worse case he's on a G league roster.

Q loves Syracuse and he seems to like Red. He's also extremely coachable. He won't be leaving because we want him to leave IMO.

Why do you hope someone gives him a big check? I hope he's either here next season, or playing professionally in some regard.

I know he gets a lot of crap here, but the kid is a very good player. I don't want to lose him to another college program. We need to keep our best & most talented players from transferring. Turning professional (or more professional at this point) is much different than heading for greener pastures.
What makes him a very good player in your eye? He has certain talents I won’t dispute, but he’s a poor defender, a poor shooter, and gives inconsistent effort.

Because that's clearly what he wants..so I hope he gets it. He's made no progress towards playing professionally this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom