JUDAH'S BACK | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

JUDAH'S BACK

As great as that would be haha we do have to take the orange colored glasses off. Yes we are going to be STACKED compared to the last 5 or so years. Legitimately might be our best team since 2013 with Ennis?

But looking around the college landscape there are going to be some really, really good teams next year. Duke, Kansas, Michigan State, USC, UConn, Purdue, Georgetown and Arizona are all LOADED next year. So I don’t think we are quite that tier to start the season. But if our second year guys like Taylor, Bell, Copeland, and Brown take the next step. And Judah, Starling, Westry are studs like we think they will be. Then add in solid starters that know their role like Benny, and McLeod. This team has potential to be that tier. But that’s all that is right now, need all our guys to really put in the work this off season with all the new faces and we could be in that tier. I think we are in the Tier right below those teams I just mentioned to start the season

The good news is those other teams had some major attrition too and pieces to blend. Some even entirely new teams. Now with Judah back Maui is a great thing to have early on and get a scalp or two...

I kinda look at this team like the 6OT team. Incredibly fun to watch- lots of talent and a top 20 team. That team wasn't a title team but was a highlight film and still damn good. Was the start of one of the strongest stretches of cuse hoops in history. Again so much is different so not saying we repeat that immediately or this is a 3 seed. But that kind of talented group that was must watch TV.

I feel pretty good about Chris Bell's outside shot. He had his moments and I think he, JJ and Taylor get a bunch of open looks next year. Benny came on last year, improving his outside numbers.

About rebounding, it's tough to say until you see our defensive plan but we've got some guys that can prove to be physical. Whether that's enough, to be determined and only a guess until they play together.

I keep forgetting how many potential contributors there will be on this roster. Feels like we don't get to say that a lot around here.

The good news is those other teams had some major attrition too and pieces to blend. Some even entirely new teams. Now with Judah back Maui is a great thing to have early on and get a scalp or two...

I kinda look at this team like the 6OT team. Incredibly fun to watch- lots of talent and a top 20 team. That team wasn't a title team but was a highlight film and still damn good. Was the start of one of the strongest stretches of cuse hoops in history. Again so much is different so not saying we repeat that immediately or this is a 3 seed. But that kind of talented group that was must watch TV.
Oh yeah, this team will be running and gunning. We have the athletes to really get up and down the court. We’ll have a good highlight package for this team once the season is over with some great shots, dunks, passes and blocks. This team will be very fun to watch

Matthew Mcconaughey GIF

Judah has the ball on a string. Between him and Westry, here comes the run and gun style wild, wild westry.

Bunch of dimes to go around.
2e8156c6-aaf0-4350-8392-8b85779d8fa7_text.gif
Great players love playing with other great players. IMO, they will be trying to one-up each other on defense and setting each other up with great passes. The Big 3 all know they are good. They came here with at least an idea that it would be Judah’s team next season, and they climbed on board.
Red is a great teacher here. He was a McD AA who played as a floor general first.
GMac is a also a teacher here: a skilled, but lesser heralded player who can shine when playing with great players.
I am bullish on the FSU guy. If you’re a big who can play for Hamilton, you have something worthwhile.
Hima too, will be good. Two years in our training and he will be effective. Neither one can replace Jesse, but together they could be close, with 10 fouls, to boot.
Does Benny finally believe he is a good player? Does a difference HC allow him to play more freely?
I hope Red values Brown more than JB did.
The rest remains to be seen. Can Taylor become a dangerous enough shooter to see time? Can Bell mix it up in the boards and take the next step as a shooter?
I am ecited to see where Carey is after two years. Same thing with Cuffe. Two great athletes with lots of rust. I think they get mixed in when we have some full court, don’t think too much, action going on.
It’s sad to say, but I think if JB were still here, we would not have most of the transfers, and some more of our guys would have left. Just a feeling.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom