JUDAH'S BACK | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

JUDAH'S BACK

larry-david-seinfeld.gif

Great players love playing with other great players. IMO, they will be trying to one-up each other on defense and setting each other up with great passes. The Big 3 all know they are good. They came here with at least an idea that it would be Judah’s team next season, and they climbed on board.
Red is a great teacher here. He was a McD AA who played as a floor general first.
GMac is a also a teacher here: a skilled, but lesser heralded player who can shine when playing with great players.
I am bullish on the FSU guy. If you’re a big who can play for Hamilton, you have something worthwhile.
Hima too, will be good. Two years in our training and he will be effective. Neither one can replace Jesse, but together they could be close, with 10 fouls, to boot.
Does Benny finally believe he is a good player? Does a difference HC allow him to play more freely?
I hope Red values Brown more than JB did.
The rest remains to be seen. Can Taylor become a dangerous enough shooter to see time? Can Bell mix it up in the boards and take the next step as a shooter?
I am ecited to see where Carey is after two years. Same thing with Cuffe. Two great athletes with lots of rust. I think they get mixed in when we have some full court, don’t think too much, action going on.
It’s sad to say, but I think if JB were still here, we would not have most of the transfers, and some more of our guys would have left. Just a feeling.
I am crossing my fingers but feel we might have two guards with 4 1/2 assists plus per game.

Do we play two lineups and use the other three guys to press all game? Super. We have the athletes to do it. 13 guys equals stamina so another pro.

G Mintz
G Starling
F Bell
F Williams
C 7'4 FSU

G Westry
G Copeland
F Taylor
F Brown
C Hima

G Cuffe
F Carey
C Patterson

and then there were thirteen cuse runners :)
Shoot. Play em all. Wear the other team down.

I am crossing my fingers but feel we might have two guards with 4 1/2 assists plus per game.

Do we play two lineups and use the other three guys to press all game? Super. We have the athletes to do it. 13 guys equals stamina so another pro.

G Mintz
G Starling
F Bell
F Williams
C 7'4 FSU

G Westry
G Copeland
F Taylor
F Brown
C Hima

G Cuffe
F Carey
C Patterson

Switch Bell for Westry…..and then if you look at the second 5, that’s what some thought our starting lineup might be next year not too long ago. Lol.

G Mintz
G Starling
F Bell
F Williams
C 7'4 FSU

G Westry
G Copeland
F Taylor
F Brown
C Hima

G Cuffe
F Carey
C Patterson

I have a hard time imagining Westry outside of the starting 5. But, no matter how you slice it, we have 13 players, something we haven't always had, which is m'fing nuts to begin with. Also, we are loaded with athletes with a legit two deep, allowing us to play hard on defense and run on offense because we can substitute to give guys a blow and not lose much, if anything. We can compete against the best teams and use our talent against the less talented teams.

I have a hard time imagining Westry outside of the starting 5. But, no matter how you slice it, we have 13 players, something we haven't always had, which is m'fing nuts to begin with. Also, we are loaded with athletes with a legit two deep, allowing us to play hard on defense and run on offense because we can substitute to give guys a blow and not lose much, if anything. We can compete against the best teams and use our talent against the less talented teams.
And we might be able to win in more than 1 way?

We can go bigger, we can go quicker, we can get more shooting in the lineup….

We will certainly have to establish an “identity” and find our strengths and play to them, but it’s nice to see more than 1 possible way to win a game?

It’s a new era…the NIL money is a soft landing that previous players never had.

He’ll be fine.

I feel for the Paul Harris Eric Devendorfs of the world.
there is a lot to hate about the constant turnover and lack of contracts keeping people around for more than a year but this is a very underrated point that most people ignore

I posted this awhile back, but how many scholarships are we at? Over 13 right?

Edit- WRONG

Say what u want about NIL, but CBB gonna have a lot of better teams than last year. Way more competitive

Just a few years ago people were complaining about the one-and-dones, the lack of quality players. Now, NIL is keeping many of those who would have left in the game. Talent is getting better across the board.

Agree about Westry but I just made that if we had two separate lineups, scoring 1 and scoring 2...the other three guys are checking 1 :)
Westry to me is our next best PG to Judah. Had to separate the two in my fantasy armchair coach world haha

Agree about Westry but I just made that if we had two separate lineups, scoring 1 and scoring 2...the other three guys are checking 1 :)
Westry to me is our next best PG to Judah. Had to separate the two in my fantasy armchair coach world haha
Gotcha, how fun is it to be able to even put together a legit two teams that can practice against eachother? We need summer reports ASAP. These guys are going to make eachother better. That is what a team is about. There are guys that won't get many minutes that will absolutely contribute to any success this team has. And, they will play more the next year and be better for having practiced with the team the year before. It still really pisses me off to think that there were years that we didn't fill out the roster.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom