Just some thoughts | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Just some thoughts

Geez I guess I shouldn't post my opinions again cause it seems everyone wants to be toxic

Sorry. I wasn’t trying to be toxic. I just think on a night where OB goes for 7 and 6 you may want to hold off on proclaiming him our best player.

On Battle, he's the go-to player and probably best on the team, but that was a brutal performance. Leaders need better body language. Too much head-hanging and arm-flailing from a vet in that role.
He's a much better leader when he's playing well.

Or winning apparently.

The final score is a stat.

The opposing coach will tell you who our best player is by how he chooses to set up his defense. The guy who gets the most constant defensive attention is the best player. That's Tyus.

Battle is our best player... maybe that's the problem.

Battle is a shooting guard that isn't that good of a shooter. Which is fine when he is finishing at the rim. He couldn't do that last night.
Brissett is our second best player and is a forward that too often doesn't finish well through contact, allows himself to get pushed away from the basket by smaller players, and sometimes gets too content to shoot threes.

When they showed Coleman and Owens sitting next to each other at the game, I couldn't help but think about how amazing it was to have them as our best two players.

Our starting line-up in 1988-89: Derek Coleman...Billy Owens...Matt Roe,,,,Stevie Thompson...Sherman Douglas
Can you imagine what that team would do to his team?

I actually have watched every game this season from start to finish. He isn’t our best player. Sorry.

So have I and most of the people in this thread.

I’m telling you what I see out there, and everyone around me agrees too. He hogs the ball for too long on certain possessions. I don’t value stats all that much.

Since we don't know who you hang out with, that doesn't mean much.

Well that settles that. Cusefanvt says hes not a true pg. im convinced!!!
Just asking a question Georgie. Thought he was another converted combo guard who recently started playing the point.

My problem with the team is its apparent inability to develop/create good shots.

Duke demonstrated last night - in the second half - how intense ball movement can find an open man for a high percentage shot.

Duke got a series of good shots.

In the second half, I don't recall the Orange getting a single good shot - a high percentage shot.

No matter how talented the shooter, he will not score if he forces shots or attempts off balance shots.

That's what I saw in the second half last night.

Just asking a question Georgie. Thought he was another converted combo guard who recently started playing the point.

Thats at least somethig i can respond to. Im not sure if jalen played pg in high school at ic. I may vaguely recall hearing that he didnt full time, although id have a hard time believing that and dont trust me memory on it. Also curious what he played in aau ball and what the situations were.

Jalen has always been described as a pg though, not a Sg. He was recruited by all school as a pg. He is much different from a brandon triche or a frank Howard. Jalen is the size of a pg and not a combo guard.

Has jalen made mistakes and handle been a bit lose this year? Absolutely but thats not abnormal for frosh pg and doesnt mean hes not a true pg.

sure hes not the style of ennis or edelin but those arent the only type of true Pg. chris paul and steph curry dont play like edelin or ennis either but that doesnt mean those guys arent Pgs.

I know people are tired of the jalen talk but i see a ton if potential there and its not fitting a square peg in a round hole at pg for jalen.

In the second half, we didn't get very many good looks, but Duke also played some damn good defense.

Silly mute point. Frank is a sr. So he is gone next year when Goodine arrives
I didn’t mean it like that, I know frank is leaving. I meant that I hope Goodine isn’t anything like Frank

I actually have watched every game this season from start to finish. He isn’t our best player. Sorry.

Then you don’t know what your watching.

I’m being dead serious
Just caught this thread. C'mon ethoo fess up. Your posts about Battle were to get us riled. I usually don't get irritated with anyone and my discussions, posts, and arguments are congenial but I am on the edge today. Either you are being abrasive for a reason or like you say dead serious taking it even further. Maybe you should fool/play with someone else somewhere else.

A lot of SU's losses this year have come despite having a halftime lead - whatever's going down as far as adjustments from 1st to 2nd half is no bueno.

not sure what it is - but the rotation is a lot tighter in the 2nd generally, that could be part of it - and teams adjust well vs the zone it seems in the 2nd for whatever reason...

A lot of SU's losses this year have come despite having a halftime lead - whatever's going down as far as adjustments from 1st to 2nd half is no bueno.

not sure what it is - but the rotation is a lot tighter in the 2nd generally, that could be part of it - and teams adjust well vs the zone it seems in the 2nd for whatever reason...
Opposing coaches make adjustments.

Our starting line-up in 1988-89: Derek Coleman...Billy Owens...Matt Roe,,,,Stevie Thompson...Sherman Douglas
Can you imagine what that team would do to his team?

Ugh, that team -- if they got by Illinois in the E8, they win that year imho.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom