Kadary Richmond in the transfer portal | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

Kadary Richmond in the transfer portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like a freshmen wanted a guarantee he would start next year and he didn't get it, so he took his ball and left.

You guys act like he was some irreplaceable talent. He did a good job of driving to the basket and was tall at the top of the zone. That's great.

He also has what could be a chronic condition that might limit his availability in the future.
LOLOL

Why am I unable to retweet this?
Kindly asking not to. I talk about things on this board in hopes to stay on the board so my sources do not get compromised as they are personal friends so kindly ask not to. But hope everyone understands my point about caring for the kids is so important and just missing the way other coaches treat players. They asst coaches here literally are unreal people and help these kids the way a head coach should. The kids are so close with the asst coaches but it’s almost like good cop bad cop scenario but the bad cop is always the bad cop

LOL Did you really just put Dior in with those other guys? Dior wasn't going to school.
yeah well whatever dior does or doesnt do...

seems it is buddy and joe at gaurd for as long as JB is around and they are eligible...which could be eons.

The sad thing is JG is being put in a position to fail. He's not a D1 PG, but could be an effective off-guard occasionally running the point. Having a true PG that can run an offense would do wonders for off-the-ball shooters. JG has been a square peg since day 1.
not to mention, he’s in an absolute no win with the fanbase now. Literally I don’t know what he can do

Also again FWIW...I asked about what is JB doing about retirement, next year., blah blah blah. "Jimmy Jr is coming to cuse (first time I've heard this) and it's a more than 50% chance that next year is JB's last year. Both boys seniors. There's a reason you guys don't have any 2022 commits yet..."

Did you text back - "Thanks Danny. Now go easy with the coke"?

I’ve shared the story with some friends but this JG thing with JB goes back to his recruitment process and I can’t with every single person on this board but JB is still trying to prove a point of something with Joe when Joe was being recruited. We know Boeheim is stubborn but this is the biggest ego play ever when it comes to Joe to show he’s right and it literally might cost years on the program. No one thought kadary was going to be as good as he was going to be and thought he would walk in and make immediate impact. But there’s gotta be some adaptation but JB ain’t having it BC he wants to prove he was right all along about Joe.

JB said in a presser about how he literally doesn’t listen to anyone and his dad taught him that from a young age. When I tell you he thinks he is right about everything and doesn’t take any advice, he literally does not and I know there’s a lot of unhappy people about this Joe thing internally. This has been years of stuff but yet it’s finally coming to light when you lose a player like kadary. The stubbornness is back firing.

I got ripped for saying the program was in decline. But BC of a sweet 16 run everyone loved JB. Declines are not just wins and losses. It’s showing up and playing for someone who just isn’t fun to play for and I think that was obvious this year. This will have a very lasting effect and no accountability at all from JB about the why kids transfer. This one is 1000 percent on him from the way he talks about players in such a bad way to the way he coaches on the floor and literally never yells at buddy. The players are sick of it and I do not blame them. Kids are kids and they need a coach that cares about them 24/7. That’s not the case here especially with how many public negative comments JB is content with sharing. This hurts
Honestly this alone is really concerning to hear because his talent was obvious to anyone paying attention.

Think how bad this would be without the S16 though.

Yup.

JB is gone in 2 years with Buddy now he cost himself a chance to stick around longer. Fanbase won’t have it.

He can’t quit mid season to give Gerry or Red the job either so long as Buddy is here.

I’d guess 1 NIT and 1 NCAA appearance where we are a 10 seed and lose first weekend.

Jimmy and Buddy play 40 mins most nights.

Joe sucks. JB has betrayed the team and the fans. This is so gross. Kadary will be the best PG in the country next year.
If anyone watched Butler and Arkansas last night saw guards who could get to the rim. They make Kadary look like he runs with cement boots on. Kadary is a talent, but he is far from being the best point guard in the country next year. Good luck to him next year, but the grass is not always greener somewhere else. He played nearly 20 minutes a game as a freshman. At FSU none of their players play more than 25 minutes. He may be leaving for an extra five minutes a game. Not many programs were knocking down his door his senior year. People can blame JB, but Joe is not the enemy here. He plays when the coach puts him on the floor.

Sounds like a freshmen wanted a guarantee he would start next year and he didn't get it, so he took his ball and left.

You guys act like he was some irreplaceable talent. He did a good job of driving to the basket and was tall at the top of the zone. That's great.

He also has what could be a chronic condition that might limit his availability in the future.

It’s one thing to think that Kadarys minutes were acceptable for a freshman. It’s one thing to think that Kadary is not a complete stud who still has weaknesses, but to just tell the kid that Girard WILL BE starting next year, not might be but WILL BE, with his complete lack of a pg skilllset on offense and defense, not a person in the world can view that as anything but completely unacceptable. He was damn near asking Kadary to leave with that statement. Imagine being a D1 P5 head coach and asking a guy like that to leave. I know it’s not confirmed 100% what went down in that supposed conversation, but it lines up pretty with how he was treated. Fire this crazy old man. The sooner the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom