Kadary Richmond in the transfer portal | Page 24 | Syracusefan.com

Kadary Richmond in the transfer portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm as frustrated over this as anyone. I loved Kadary and thought he was primed for a big year. But there have been some overreactions on the board today. We simply don't know how this went down.

Maybe it's just me, but I highly doubt JB said "you are not starting." I could absolutely see him saying "Take the job from Joe if you want it. I'm not guaranteeing anything" which made Kadary think it will be an uphill battle to start, and therefore felt it was best that he leave. And that's perfectly fine. No one should be stuck somewhere they don't want to be.

JB is stubborn as hell, and I really don't understand the Girard obsession, but I'm just hesitant to really place all the blame on him when we have no idea what transpired in that meeting.

I'm as frustrated over this as anyone. I loved Kadary and thought he was primed for a big year. But there have been some overreactions on the board today. We simply don't know how this went down.

Maybe it's just me, but I highly doubt JB said "you are not starting." I could absolutely see him saying "Take the job from Joe if you want it. I'm not guaranteeing anything" which made Kadary think it will be an uphill battle to start, and therefore felt it was best that he leave. And that's perfectly fine. No one should be stuck somewhere they don't want to be.

JB is stubborn as hell, and I really don't understand the Girard obsession, but I'm just hesitant to really place all the blame on him when we have no idea what transpired in that meeting.
I think this is accurate. I also think that Kadary probably knew he should have started at some point this year. Why would things change next year?

screen-shot-2016-03-27-at-7-20-10-pm.jpg

If anyone watched Butler and Arkansas last night saw guards who could get to the rim. They make Kadary look like he runs with cement boots on. Kadary is a talent, but he is far from being the best point guard in the country next year. Good luck to him next year, but the grass is not always greener somewhere else. He played nearly 20 minutes a game as a freshman. At FSU none of their players play more than 25 minutes. He may be leaving for an extra five minutes a game. Not many programs were knocking down his door his senior year. People can blame JB, but Joe is not the enemy here. He plays when the coach puts him on the floor.
Did you see the way Kadary got to the rim whenever he wanted this year while playing injured?

This is going to be a mess for JB. He’s losing the fans, alumni and past players. You think something would click with JB that he might be screwing up a bit. JB has to understand he’s not always right and has to listen/take advice from other people still. If we struggle next season this will be a disaster for him. With fans back there will be boos, there will be people calling for him to step down more than usual and you know JB is gonna hit back and attack people. This is not going to be pretty.

Also I just want to get this off my chest cause it bothers me but I’ve noticed coaches like JB, Coach K, Coach Calipari, etc...get very power hungry and a lot of these guys don’t think they can do any wrong. People live off of every word they say and these guys know it. It does not matter if the subject has anything to do with basketball these guys will give their opinions like they are experts and people eat it up. Their egos are HUGE and a lot of these guys need a reality check JB included. Yes he’s done a lot for this program and has built this program. But to be honest he’s probably done quite a bit of damage to the program as well due to his stubbornness. I respect JB and what he’s done for this program but I’ve been saying for a few years he needs to step down and I truly believe that. Yes I know the Sweet 16 ride was fun and yes I realize he was the coach that JUST took us there but at some point we have to hold JB accountable for everything else he has done the last few years. I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY hope this is JBs last season next year which I think it is

If this is true how can you blame him for leaving. Your head coach tells you no matter how hard you work, no matter your conditioning, no matter how much your shot improves you will not start over a player who you are considerably better than. What choice do you have?

How does it help the program to send that message to your players? What has Joe accomplished to deserve that type of job security?

I'm not a JB hater by a long shot. But if what that tweet says is true, this is a complete disgrace of biblical proportions.
Didnt Jim say last offseason he is one of the best incoming PGs? and now he cant start over JG3!

I am soo pissed at JB I almost, almost want to root against SU if they had a game today

Sucks. I used to worship JB as kid. Complete 180. Can’t wait for a fresh start in a couple of years

Did you see the way Kadary got to the rim whenever he wanted this year while playing injured?
Nothing like how explosive the Butler guards. They did whatever they wanted. How many layups did Kadary get in the past 4-5 games? Butlers had more I just last nights game. He didn’t blow by anyone in the tournament. He had one dunk off a great pass from Marek. He drove twice against Houston and got called for two offensive fouls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom