Kadary Richmond in the transfer portal | Page 25 | Syracusefan.com

Kadary Richmond in the transfer portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
In these Athletic profiles, Kadary just sounds like such a heady and level headed kid who is willing to bide his time and understood that he had to fight for a starting role and if he didn’t win it, he’d come back and stay in Syracuse and fight harder for it in the off-season. That’s all from high school coach Shawn Mark, who is friends with Allen Griffin (Griff also grew up in Flatbush, where Kadary is from). And Brewster assistant Tim Cushing mentored Kadary and is close with him. We’ve done so well with Brewster kids and are close with their staff. don’t understand how we are we losing a Brewster kid to a transfer.

He also talks about Syracuse being his dream school and how he walked into his high school coach’s office as a sophomore and said he wanted to go to Syracuse. Carmelo is one of his idols. Man, the staff needs to get him on the phone with Melo and right this ship.

Never in a million years did I think he would transfer. IMO, Boeheim was clearly going to start him next season, based on his freshman year trajectory and if he worked on what he needed to work on in the offseason. The only reason he wasn’t playing 30mpg in the tourney was because of the injury.

His dream realized, Syracuse’s Kadary Richmond is ready to work

The silky smooth pace and control of Syracuse freshman Kadary Richmond

“People from my area don’t get opportunities like this,” Richmond says. “I’m not going to waste any moments out there.” How’s that for perspective from the 19-year-old, who is equally aware of his weaknesses as his strengths: “I need to work on picking my spots on the court, knowing when to attack and when to make plays. Being a little more aggressive sometimes.”

I’m at a loss, I know I already exploded on here once. But now reports that Jim told him he wouldn’t start next year? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME!!!!! That was the tipping point and Jim was that blind to the situation????? I am at a complete and utter loss of words.

If anyone watched Butler and Arkansas last night saw guards who could get to the rim. They make Kadary look like he runs with cement boots on. Kadary is a talent, but he is far from being the best point guard in the country next year. Good luck to him next year, but the grass is not always greener somewhere else. He played nearly 20 minutes a game as a freshman. At FSU none of their players play more than 25 minutes. He may be leaving for an extra five minutes a game. Not many programs were knocking down his door his senior year. People can blame JB, but Joe is not the enemy here. He plays when the coach puts him on the floor.
That is simply not true. If anything, this board underrates Kadary. Really really sad

In these Athletic profiles, Kadary just sounds like such a heady and level headed kid who is willing to bide his time and understood that he had to fight for a starting role and if he didn’t win it, he’d come back and stay in Syracuse and fight harder for it in the off-season. That’s all from high school coach Shawn Mark, who is friends with Allen Griffin (Griff also grew up in Flatbush, where Kadary is from). And Brewster assistant Tim Cushing mentored Kadary and is close with him. We’ve done so well with Brewster kids and are close with their staff. don’t understand how we are we losing a Brewster kid to a transfer.

He also talks about Syracuse being his dream school and how he walked into his high school coach’s office as a sophomore and said he wanted to go to Syracuse. Carmelo is one of his idols. Man, the staff needs to get him on the phone with Melo and right this ship.

Never in a million years did I think he would transfer. IMO, Boeheim was clearly going to start him next season, based on his freshman year trajectory and if he worked on what he needed to work on in the offseason. The only reason he wasn’t playing 30mpg in the tourney was because of the injury.

“People from my area don’t get opportunities like this,” Richmond says. “I’m not going to waste any moments out there.” How’s that for perspective from the 19-year-old, who is equally aware of his weaknesses as his strengths: “I need to work on picking my spots on the court, knowing when to attack and when to make plays. Being a little more aggressive sometimes.”
May want to start at the beginning of thread. You’re missing important information.

We act like he's an irreplaceable talent because the odds that we do replace his talent is so close to zero that we don't.
Yes...because...HIS MINUTES WILL BE REPLACED BY JOE.

i feel like I’m in bizarro world. Jim wants to play his guys 35+ mins. Jim wants to play Joe. Joe will play 35+ mins.

There was no other guard recruited and there will be no guard brought in to seriously challenge Joes mins.

feel free to bookmark and quote me

So we finally get a dream school kid and then poof. Gone.

Does Boeheim want fans to bash and resent Joe? Cause that’s what he’s creating.

He doesn't care what fans think, he just wants us to show up and be loud. He sees all fans that aren't 100% on board as Pat, and any media that questions him as MG. If fans or the media lash out over this, well he already has told us that no sentence on the internet has ever mattered, or whatever nonsense he said.

EDIT, i found the quote: “I don't hear it because they're from people who are inconsequential. All that stuff on the internet, not one sentence on the Internet matters, not one

This is going to be a mess for JB. He’s losing the fans, alumni and past players. You think something would click with JB that he might be screwing up a bit. JB has to understand he’s not always right and has to listen/take advice from other people still. If we struggle next season this will be a disaster for him. With fans back there will be boos, there will be people calling for him to step down more than usual and you know JB is gonna hit back and attack people. This is not going to be pretty.

Also I just want to get this off my chest cause it bothers me but I’ve noticed coaches like JB, Coach K, Coach Calipari, etc...get very power hungry and a lot of these guys don’t think they can do any wrong. People live off of every word they say and these guys know it. It does not matter if the subject has anything to do with basketball these guys will give their opinions like they are experts and people eat it up. Their egos are HUGE and a lot of these guys need a reality check JB included. Yes he’s done a lot for this program and has built this program. But to be honest he’s probably done quite a bit of damage to the program as well due to his stubbornness. I respect JB and what he’s done for this program but I’ve been saying for a few years he needs to step down and I truly believe that. Yes I know the Sweet 16 ride was fun and yes I realize he was the coach that JUST took us there but at some point we have to hold JB accountable for everything else he has done the last few years. I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY hope this is JBs last season next year which I think it is
He's been holding the program hostage for a while now. The only thing we don't know is when the school gets the program back and in what shape it will be.

That is simply not true. If anything, this board underrates Kadary. Really really sad
Did you watch last nights game? Their speed and their aggressiveness puts Kadary to shame. It’s not even close. I’m not knocking Kadary, but they are at a different level. Everyone here acts like Kadary is all world. He’s not. I hate to lose him, but this godlike worship for this kid is way over the top.

Yes...because...HIS MINUTES WILL BE REPLACED BY JOE.

i feel like I’m in bizarro world. Jim wants to play his guys 35+ mins. Jim wants to play Joe. Joe will play 35+ mins.

There was no other guard recruited and there will be no guard brought in to seriously challenge Joes mins.

feel free to bookmark and quote me
Yeah, I just...can’t watch that. I was excited about Benny, but oh well. Let’s go Rangers!

This is kind off stupid. Might as well start rooting for minor league teams where you have mostly new rosters every year, except baseball puts me to sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom