Kadary Richmond in the transfer portal | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Kadary Richmond in the transfer portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't know that. the doom and gloom without knowing our roster is just amazing. Or what we look like next fall. We might not be very good. We might be very good. Let's wait to see how this all plays out before we drink the poison.
LOL. Sorry man, but we’re clearly losing our most talented guys. To expect that we replace them with more talented guys is a pipe dream. Talented guards aren’t going to come here to play behind Buddy and Joe.

Alsacs, you know I didn't want to be right on this. Or the others. My worry isn't about the people leaving however. We can get the better end of the deal (I Know fans of Kadary don't believe that) but we can. My worry is that we won't pound the portal as hard as we can. There are great kids in the portal that we should be in contention for. I hope we are working to do something about that.
Not putting you on the spot but what’s better end of the deal here? Is it Joe G becoming more athletic and growing three inches or bringing in Symir Torrence, cause that doesn’t seem like much of an upgrade. Also doesn’t seem like we are reaching out to many in the portal like you said and even if we do what guard will come and want to play behind joe and buddy as so many others have said.

Wow, Coach wouldn't agree to supplanting the starting PG right after the end of a successful season.

It sounds like the threat of leaving and immediately being able to do so will hurt the guys who are straight shooters (K, Boeheim, et al) vs the guys who will say what their players want to hear.

I mean good luck to Kadary but we've lost better at the same time. I trust we'll reload as we usually do and have a season that many people will complain about. It could be worse, we could have been out of the tournament this year.
Who have we lost that was better?

That isn't the point. Okay, I can't guarantee you a starting spot, but I can't guarantee Joe one either. If that isn't what was said, that would be totally unacceptable. I wouldn't work for a company that didn't promote based on merit. Nor would I play for one. the best guys play. Kadary, I guarantee you will get a fair shot at starting. That is the only acceptable answer. and by the way, that should go for every other kid that has transferred out this week.

100% ...but I really wonder how it was conveyed to Kadary

So apparently Kadary was told he’s not starting next year
i think you are mislabeling what he said. He didn't guarantee him that. Which is what EVERY coach should do to every player. I mean what are we talking about here.

But here's the problem...

Assume people believe it's true that Boeheim told a highly productive player currently on the roster that he should focus on the Dion backup role because Joe Girard is slated to start.

How can people possibly believe, even a little bit, that Boeheim can have an honest conversation about an incoming transfer, with no experience or equity in the program, about their path to starting.

It's not happening.
Great point but we don't know what the conversation actually was. If JB told Kadary that he wouldn't start no matter what. That is head turning bad. I can't understand the reasoning behind that. And JB is a smart guy.

LOL. Sorry man, but we’re clearly losing our most talented guys. To expect that we replace them with more talented guys is a pipe dream. Talented guards aren’t going to come here to play behind Buddy and Joe.
How about a forward?

Wow, Coach wouldn't agree to supplanting the starting PG right after the end of a successful season.

It sounds like the threat of leaving and immediately being able to do so will hurt the guys who are straight shooters (K, Boeheim, et al) vs the guys who will say what their players want to hear.

I mean good luck to Kadary but we've lost better at the same time. I trust we'll reload as we usually do and have a season that many people will complain about. It could be worse, we could have been out of the tournament this year.
Moving on ...

Already tied of who is going?

Who is coming in ?????

Griff recruited Kadary (Brooklyn guys).

If the account is true, imagine being Kadary and being a second choice TWICE for this program (only being offered after Jackson declined and now with not being given playing time he's earned).

I’m SICK. Next year has to be the last year. This is the definition of UNSTABLE. No stability in the program at all from head honcho down. Kids committing have no clue who their HC will really be in a year or two. Players jumping ship. Losing our best prospect. Whatever I will still support every game, but as a business move the head Hancho is not making sense. especially for our outlook 5-10 years down the line.

Despite how good of a player he is, Kadary looked miserable the entire year. Like he never wanted to be here to begin with. Never saw the kid happy or get up for his teammates. Dude was a good player but lets relax, he wasnt taking us to the holy land. We have bigger holes to fill
Thought my account was hacked for a minute. :p

This fate was sealed in the second half of Houston game. If Kadary isn’t starting when absolutely necessary it was never happening.
That's the part that is clear. He didn't start the 2nd half of a win or go home game. Why would he possibly start against Siena or North Florida Coastal CC in the fall? He wouldn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom