Class of 2014 - Kaleb Joseph..,, | Page 31 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Kaleb Joseph..,,

By the looks of Dion's tweets, he is currently in Syracuse - let's hope he gets on campus to help seal this deal this weekend!

By the looks of Dion's tweets, he is currently in Syracuse - let's hope he gets on campus to help seal this deal this weekend!
They could be absolutely huge. Don't worry about playing time your first year. Coach id going to make you a better player and a better person. In 2 years you can be a top 5 pick.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

Very encouraging. Dion can tell KJ how we slapped Providence around all three games he was on the team.
And I believe Kaleb wants to win. Not sulk about what could have been.
:)

I don't think it'd be wise to sleep on Ed Cooley, but I think this is where SU will gain separation. If he wants to win more than he wants immediate playing time, he can't get that at Providence right now.

How common is it for recruits to verbal on an official visit?

Pretty common with the lower-tier power conference teams and mid-majors, but it doesn't happen very often for teams at SU's level or higher.

Very common. Whether its announced right away is another story. I am sure he will verbal. Cancel his wvu trip and the announce.

Regardless of what happens, it seems like I have a better chance of seeing bigfoot than Kaleb actually visiting WVU.

Cj, Bj, Bus and chino did it. That I can remember off the top of my heqd

Rak & Melo did as well.
I think if he doesn't verbal, then he's waiting on Whitehead.
Maybe its me but I'm not as sold on Whitehead as some are. He's a great player no doubt, but seems a little flighty and me-first in his demeanor. Yeah, I don't know that to be a fact but that's the vibe I get from him.
Dion, for all his swagger, committed as a soph in HS and didn't waiver.
He then rode the pine, had the balls to come back, have a great year, and ended up in the lottery.
I see Whitehead as more of a "Lance Stephenson-type, NYC" personality. He wants to get HIS, and he wants to get it NOW!
Not sure if that translates well to team ball here at the Cuse.

I don't think it'd be wise to sleep on Ed Cooley, but I think this is where SU will gain separation. If he wants to win more than he wants immediate playing time, he can't get that at Providence right now.
Playing time isn't even a lock at Providence. Kaleb would be behind Kris Dunn like he would theoretically be behind Tyler Ennis. PC fans want to have it both ways that KJ would automatically start at PC but would be buried at SU. Both teams would have incumbent PGs and Ennis would likely be the more probable of the two to blow up next year and become a lottery pick in the NBA Draft.

So he's bringing mom for the first time on one of his trips. I normally don't like to read between the lines, but this has to be a good sign. Get mom's blessing and we are good as gold.
If I was a betting man.. id bet cuse here.

Rak & Melo did as well.
I think if he doesn't verbal, then he's waiting on Whitehead.
Maybe its me but I'm not as sold on Whitehead as some are. He's a great player no doubt, but seems a little flighty and me-first in his demeanor. Yeah, I don't know that to be a fact but that's the vibe I get from him.
Dion, for all his swagger, committed as a soph in HS and didn't waiver.
He then rode the pine, had the balls to come back, have a great year, and ended up in the lottery.
I see Whitehead as more of a "Lance Stephenson-type, NYC" personality. He wants to get HIS, and he wants to get it NOW!
Not sure if that translates well to team ball here at the Cuse.
Hes an enigma no doubt. But I don't think hes quite at Stephenson level. Boeheim may be to head strong to be his coach. We'll see.

another dumb recruiting question...If it's an official trip to Syracuse, does Syracuse pay for the car and driver? Or does the recruit have to foot the bill?

Also, what's the difference between official and unofficial, besides one being planned?

another dumb recruiting question...If it's an official trip to Syracuse, does Syracuse pay for the car and driver? Or does the recruit have to foot the bill?

Also, what's the difference between official and unofficial, besides one being planned?
Syracuse pays for the trip in its entirety. Official can only be done for a standing senior. And unofficial is on kids on dime at any time he wants.

My understanding is that for an official visit the school foots the bill (and this can only happen once). For an unofficial visit the recruit must foot all the traveling expenses himself.

My understanding is that for an official visit the school foots the bill (and this can only happen once). For an unofficial visit the recruit must foot all the traveling expenses himself.
I think a school can host up to 5 players on officials. Each player only once. Kid gets 5 officials.

joseph.PNG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom