(late) Clemson thoughts | Syracusefan.com

(late) Clemson thoughts

Timonen

All Conference
I was super excited to be able to make the easy drive up from Atlanta. We even took a detour to Greenville to watch a quarter of Furman/Samford because my out of town friend wanted to add an extra stadium to his list...and I was trying to be an accommodating host.

It was fun when we got to the board tailgate a bit later than most and had to SQUEEZE through the gauntlet of orange fans to what appeared to be the last spot...and that the beer pong table had to be moved aside to let us in! Had a great time meeting and talking to folks. As always, never enough time and couldn't get to 1/3 of the folks I wanted to meet. Many thanks to everyone who made it happen. Fantastic.

Thought the gameday experience was incredible and i had to keep telling myself that they're doing this for a team they're not especially excited to be playing. I'm so happy to be in a conference that offers stuff like this.

My experience with the fans and Clemson staff was stellar. Everybody was overly friendly and gracious. Folks welcomed at the beginning and thanked us for coming afterwards (along with complimenting the team). my favorite part was seeing one Clemson fan police another drunk kid who was giving our section the middle finger. he got in the kid's face and shut it down immediately. There's clearly a code.

This deserves a different thread but I'm a contrarian on the fans booing issue. if we were in their shoes and our fast pace offense was getting slowed down because of a bunch of defensive guys cramping at key moments, we'd do the same thing. I don't have the expectations that football fans will be measured. When our offensive guy got hurt and we heard some of it, that was just nutty.

Now we just need to combine some of these great experience with wins.

I'm happy that you had a great time. However do not say the we will all do the same and boo at injured players. I have never and will never boo an injured player. There is never an excuse to do that, even if the injury happens at a "convenient" moment.

I'm happy that you had a great time. However do not say the we will all do the same and boo at injured players. I have never and will never boo an injured player. There is never an excuse to do that, even if the injury happens at a "convenient" moment.
that's fine. i'm just more lenient than most in judging groupthink from a drunk and fired up mass of folks like that stadium. it was dumb and unnecessary but the intent wasn't to boo injured players. it was to boo what was perceived as stall tactics. key difference and i'll give the benefit of the doubt given 100% of the other interactions I had with the same fan base.

Timonen,

Really glad you had a positive experience. I will say it's the first time I've ever left Death Valley embarrassed to be a Clemson fan. Booing injured players who are there to entertain you, regardless of what team they're playing for, is classless. My girlfriend and I couldn't believe it. I do think the majority of those people that were booing were younger/immature/misinformed/etc., but it's still inexcusable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom