Latest on Hopkins situation is... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Latest on Hopkins situation is...

It's not a fake offer. BC offered him the job. The ball is in Hop's court now
Ok, maybe I should have said unknown. I can't believe Hop waits all this time, with his assurances and throws them away for that garbage dump job. I hope they offered him 5 mil per.

Hopkins left Boston with an offer or an intent.He either leaves or SU reaponds with the timing of Boeheim's retirement.
Is this your opinion, or do you have inside info?

AZOrange said:
I can't believe Hop waits all this time, with his assurances and throws them away for that garbage dump job

Hmmmm

I have to laugh sometimes. People beg for inside information on this board and then when you have two different people say hop has an offer to be a head coach people call them out for not knowing. I guess they need to be more specific, like Hop was offered a 10 year contract worth 5 million a year and it would cost 4 million dollars for Syracuse to buy him out of his contract when JB retires. Look, if you dont want to believe he has an offer then great but there is no reason to call them out when you have no proof that he does or doesnt have an offer. Some of us like to hear these tidbits.

I have to laugh sometimes. People beg for inside information on this board and then when you have two different people say hop has an offer to be a head coach people call them out for not knowing. I guess they need to be more specific, like Hop was offered a 10 year contract worth 5 million a year and it would cost 4 million dollars for Syracuse to buy him out of his contract when JB retires. Look, if you dont want to believe he has an offer then great but there is no reason to call them out when you have no proof that he does or doesnt have an offer. Some of us like to hear these tidbits.

Exactly.

You want inside info then when someone reputable posts something you need to give it some weight. When two reputable people here post the same thing it's probably true. This board almost always knows stuff before the newspaper or other media. Give the people here some respect!

Hey, we have people who don't believe there was a Holocaust, men on the moon or Cooney is a fine college BB player.
Why should they believe anyone who plainly gives out information with no agenda.

As long as we have the Melo Center and 30,000 butts in the seats, any coach who doesn't completely suck at recruiting should be able to bring in good players.

How about scorers?

In all fairness, I have no idea whether or not the people who said he has an offer truly know that. Calling someone out is silly. But doubting them without knowing their sources is not.

In all fairness, I have no idea whether or not the people who said he has an offer truly know that. Calling someone out is silly. But doubting them without knowing their sources is not.

Your right, they should tell us who their sources are!!! :bat::crazy:

I also like this board for the "insider" info that is posted. The issue for me is that there is a tendency among sports fans to state their opinion as a matter of fact. Unless you know that the poster is credible, you don't know if it is really insider info, or just someone trying to act like Jim Rome. Even if the poster is unable to divulge a source, even a vague "I have been told by a reliable source that..." would would go a long way in differentiating the sheet from Shinola (which BTW, was a brand of shoe polish made in Rochester)..

realorange said:
Hey, we have people who don't believe there was a Holocaust, men on the moon or Cooney is a fine college BB player. Why should they believe anyone who plainly gives out information with no agenda.
I remember reading on here last year that Dixon was leaving PITT. It was a done deal.

I remember reading on here last year that Dixon was leaving PITT. It was a done deal.
Take it to the bank.

(This is exactly the sort of "information" I am referring to)

Last edited:
I also like this board for the "insider" info that is posted. The issue for me is that there is a tendency among sports fans to state their opinion as a matter of fact. Unless you know that the poster is credible, you don't know if it is really insider info, or just someone trying to act like Jim Rome. Even if the poster is unable to divulge a source, even a vague "I have been told by a reliable source that..." would would go a long way in differentiating the sheet from Shinola (which BTW, was a brand of shoe polish made in Rochester)..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shinola

I think the OP is pretty credible. Doesn't mean Hop is definitely gone, but I 100% believe he has an offer.

I just don't know how that would work. Bc calls and asks him to leave. He says yes, then they make offer mad he says no that's a crap offer? I think they just have to make the offer. Him showing up to the interview is intent...
They negotiate a hypothetical offer. It's just semantics.

Our recruiting will be fine. Chicken little much?

Our recruiting will clearly take a hit. Mike is/was an elite recruiter. Do you remember the classes we used to get before Mike was sent out on the road?

Our recruiting will clearly take a hit. Mike is/was an elite recruiter. Do you remember the classes we used to get before Mike was sent out on the road?
the tug of war between fine and orr might've had something to do with that

Let me tell you about Jesus. NO follow me to the basement. Jesus! Basement! Jesus! Basement!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom