LeQuint Allen is Back | Page 42 | Syracusefan.com

LeQuint Allen is Back

Anyone else think it's laughable that SU's Student Conduct Investigator got her BS in Business Administration and CULINARY ARTS. Seriously?

"Caitie received her MS in Educational Administration and Policy Studies from the University of Albany and her BS in Business Administration and Culinary Arts at SUNY Cobleskill."
When the time comes, I hope she knows a good recipe for crow.

Kent clerked for a supreme court justice who just happened to be the first woman on the court. He is an extremely intelligent individual and has been an excellent leader of the University. He has the chops to not only fix the LA situation but more importantly to fix the system that is used at Syracuse. The question is will he.

There's nothing more frustrating than abject, capricious, and obtuse stupidity.
Every indication is that this was an overreach. The University is now facing a major PR conundrum. The board's ruling literally alters a seemingly good student's future, and there doesn't appear to be any there...there. Dumb, and unnecessary.

Kent clerked for a supreme court justice who just happened to be the first woman on the court. He is an extremely intelligent individual and has been an excellent leader of the University. He has the chops to not only fix the LA situation but more importantly to fix the system that is used at Syracuse. The question is will he.

Actually, the question is, will the Board of Trustees allow him to correct the wrongs? Afterall, they are the ones in charge... and responsible!

Six Presidents of the US since WW2 and 44% of Presidents all time were in fraternities. Once you get past the party animals there are a lot of great qualities learned by being in Greek life.

I know its not for everyone, but go to schools out of the historically liberal Northeast or go to HBCU schools and Greek life is much more structured and embraced.

I fully understand why some people have your opinion, but trust me when I say most fraternities, and of course there are exceptions, but most create the same or less issues for colleges than independent students or sports teams. Remember we are talking about 18 to 22 year old kids away from home for the first time. You don't need to pledge to cause trouble.

Sorry, but bullshtt. Fraternities stopped being "public service" and brotherhood organizations about 40 years ago, when the drinking age was raised from 18 to 21. Now, they are just places for bros to get wasted and have forced sex with drunk girls, and picking fights with people.

Here is a thought that I can't really do from AZ. How about season ticket holders bringing a suit against the university for diluting the product in a biased and unfair manner, thus reducing the value of their season tickets? That will escalate this quickly and maybe even get to the national attention needed to put some PR pressure on. Some football loving attorney could set this up pro bono and I doubt it would have to go very far.
I would not stop going to games or cancel your tickets as that punishes an entire program and roster of other players who are still putting in the time and the effort.

In the real world, if Caitie was a customer service rep and just blindly enforced a rule without considering the circumstances, it would get e escalated to a supervisor (the one that is allowed to think freely) and an exception would be made.

Let’s hope that’s what happens here. Because someone above her pay grade needs to nut up.

You mean Customer Investigator. That's what we're calling them now. If Catie were a Customer Investigator.

I'm not opposed to having other students be a part of this. "Jury of your peers". Obviously, the entire process needs restructuring. Do it right, and other students who truly are impartial and without prejudice can make the process work.

"Jury of your peers" is OK. Judgment BY your peers, without any adult supervision, is not.

In the real world, if Caitie was a customer service rep and just blindly enforced a rule without considering the circumstances, it would get e escalated to a supervisor (the one that is allowed to think freely) and an exception would be made.

Let’s hope that’s what happens here. Because someone above her pay grade needs to nut up.
In the real world you might get fired.
I worked customer service my entire life, this type of decision wouldn't stand up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom