Let’s Talk About Improved JMA Wireless Dome Internet Access | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Let’s Talk About Improved JMA Wireless Dome Internet Access

Verizon 5g should be on today... Try it out and let me know.
Verizon’s 5g was definitely working tonight…. In the past from my seats I couldn’t even receive or send texts…. Tonight I was watching live tv on apps and actually using the digital program…. It was awesome to finally be able to use my phone in the dome without going into the concourse behind the west endzone

WIFI worked fine.

Shame I didn't feel like reading Axe's tweets during the game.

Was not on wifi but just with regular data texts were sending and I could be on this site, which was not the case many times in the past.

I had 5g with my Verizon phone and actually had service and could get on the internet

Literally the only win of the night
Same. It was the first time I’ve ever been able to use my phone / browse stuff during the game. And frankly, with how awful it was, it was useful.

Just to ressurect this thread at the last football game I guess only 4g LTE was activated, and I've heard tomorrow 5G should be on. Should be interesting to see if there is a difference in speed. However, even the 4G was enough for me last game.

So, was it better during the Wake game for all areas or just some? Wife told me family over 6 wins so I stayed home.

Just to ressurect this thread at the last football game I guess only 4g LTE was activated, and I've heard tomorrow 5G should be on. Should be interesting to see if there is a difference in speed. However, even the 4G was enough for me last game.
Got 5G for Verizon again and my friend with TMobile also got 5G. My AT&T phone was still awful slow running LTE.

So, was it better during the Wake game for all areas or just some? Wife told me family over 6 wins so I stayed home.
It was great for me (most of the time). Few times it kicked out but we were able to watch the end of the michigan game streaming on a cell phone toward the field. We used to have to go to the corridors to even text during previous games at halftime. Huge improvement. I had the little 5G UW (ultra wide) logo on my verizon phone.

nice.. I do wonder about the 5G logo stuff.. I know that in Roch there a bunch of areas that the phone says you are in 5g yet you have almost no coverage and the same in Ithaca. In discussion with the vendors often the software does not drop from 5G when you travel back to 4G and it gets confused and just starts looping.

nice.. I do wonder about the 5G logo stuff.. I know that in Roch there a bunch of areas that the phone says you are in 5g yet you have almost no coverage and the same in Ithaca. In discussion with the vendors often the software does not drop from 5G when you travel back to 4G and it gets confused and just starts looping.
Yup, I have issues in NYC and other places all the time with 5G switching. It's a huge problem with the technology. I frequently turn it off and just stay on LTE. It honestly worked better in the Dome than most other places. I'm sure they'll fine tune it.

I haven't had WiFi all season in my section, not a big deal but just a bummer cause I like to check this board during media timeouts etc. Still no connectivity as of the Wake game.

I haven't had WiFi all season in my section, not a big deal but just a bummer cause I like to check this board during media timeouts etc. Still no connectivity as of the Wake game.

I wouldn’t use the wifi

Try turning your WiFi off next time and use regular service

As this says, they upgraded the 5G which is NOT the WiFi

I wouldn’t use the wifi

Try turning your WiFi off next time and use regular service

As this says, they upgraded the 5G which is NOT the WiFi
Oh I've tried like hundreds of times, no data. I have Straight Talk/ Verizon towers.

Oh I've tried like hundreds of times, no data. I have Straight Talk/ Verizon towers.

Verizon has worked just fine for me and a lot of others the last two home games with 5g…

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom