Lydon to hire agent and enter NBA draft | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Lydon to hire agent and enter NBA draft

Well that's horrible short term planning but to each their own. You realize it's not 3 million for one thing after you pay the man and the agent and whatever out of pocket you sustain.
Are you one of those guys that reminds people that when they win the lottery, they don't actually get the full amount the lottery says? I have a feeling you are.

the best thing he could do. we r a sinking ship and extending jb was the worst thing we could have done. lydon has been miss used all year. what his signing also says is whats been going on in the locker room.

Well that's horrible short term planning but to each their own. You realize it's not 3 million for one thing after you pay the man and the agent and whatever out of pocket you sustain.

People here have never heard of taxes.

They need to watch the Lenny Cooke documentary to see how Mike Fratello breaks down a rookie contract.

Where is Battle going? The sky is not falling.

He is going to be double teamed all the time, Battle is the only reason I haven't jumped off a bridge yet, the rest of the team, yikes.

the best thing he could do. we r a sinking ship and extending jb was the worst thing we could have done. lydon has been miss used all year. what his signing also says is whats been going on in the locker room.

Missed uses how exactly? Every time he touches the ball, he passes up an open shot.

He is going to be double teamed all the time, Battle is the only reason I haven't jumped off a bridge yet, the rest of the team, yikes.
I just don't understand how this is unlike every year. We always find a guy to step up and take on the responsibility.

I just don't understand how this is unlike every year. We always find a guy to step up and take on the responsibility.

The cupboard has never been this bare before.

You could say the same thing about 2013-2014. We had lost Southerland, Triche and MCW and returned Keita, Xmas, Fair, Grant, Cooney and Coleman. We also brought in 4 year projects in G and Ennis. To think that the line up was going to be:

C: Xmas
F: Fair
F: Grant
G: Cooney
G: Ennis

That was a terrible thought. We just won 25 games in a row and ranked #1 in country.

You could say the same thing about 2013-2014. We had lost Southerland, Triche and MCW and returned Keita, Xmas, Fair, Grant, Cooney and Coleman. We also brought in 4 year projects in G and Ennis. To think that the line up was going to be:

That was a terrible thought. We just won 25 games in a row and ranked #1 in country.

You can't even compare the two rosters. Ennis was a top 25 recruit, we all had big expectations for him.

Lol.

Why not step away from the keyboard for a few days?
Yer gonna get carpal tunnel repeating yourself over and over like a broken record. ;)

Or, just cut and paste your 44,000 identical posts from last year, just replace Mali with Lydon, and voila! :p

I for one love these threads. They reveal which posters actually understand the NBA.

I'm excited that Lydon will add to the growing list of 1st round selections from Syracuse University.

You understand it's all about the 2nd contract and not being some random flier a team takes at 24...

All I will say is thank you Tyler for the 2 years you have given the program...and, you have a tremendous amount of work to do physically and mentally to make a contribution in the NBA. When I say mentally, I do not mean basketball smarts. I am referring to playing with confidence and taking the next shot regardless of the outcome of those prior. And, can killer instinct be developed?

With all this being said, best of luck to this man.

I hope he kills the combine and his workouts. Wish he wasn't signing with an agent just in case it doesn't go well for him, but let's hope it works out.

Get that $$. I really hope he actually does get picked in round 1...

You can't even compare the two rosters. Ennis was a top 25 recruit, we all had big expectations for him.
Ennis was not supposed to be that good that quick. He was a projected 4 year guy. All I am saying is that it is to early to doom the season already. If you looked at that roster you would have expected us to be terrible.

You could say that about last year when we lost Richardson, Gbinije, Cooney, Kaleb Joseph and had absolutely no back court going into this year in which we managed to be over .500 and have 3 top 18 wins.

How about we see how it looks on November 1

I hope he kills the combine and his workouts. Wish he wasn't signing with an agent just in case it doesn't go well for him, but let's hope it works out.

Get that $$. I really hope he actually does get picked in round 1...

Maybe he reconsiders, I am all for testing the waters, it makes a lot of sense, locking yourself out of a way to come back to school is foolish.

Lol, I think your recollection is a long, long ways off. I think pretty much everyone was high on Ennis, CJ, and Grant. Christmas was disappointing, but he was still another starter returning. Cooney was a question mark and we knew we were screwed if anything happened to Ennis, but I feel like we still had pretty decent expectations that year. It's a lot better than what we project next year at the moment.

Do we know for sure he loves the college life? This doesn't seem like a decision that was stressed over. Two days after last loss, signing with agent (if that is the case), I don't know the inner workings but this doesn't seem like a kid bemoaning the fact that he would miss college. I wonder if the behind the scenes environment if bad had any impact or he saw another NIT club next year.

You could say that about last year when we lost Richardson, Gbinije, Cooney, Kaleb Joseph and had absolutely no back court going into this year in which we managed to be over .500 and have 3 top 18 wins.

How about we see how it looks on November 1

Thats fine, I was talking about the roster we are looking at right now, if we land another recruit and a couple of grad transfers things could change, right now our roster looks pretty bleak.

Do we know for sure he loves the college life? This doesn't seem like a decision that was stressed over. Two days after last loss, signing with agent (if that is the case), I don't know the inner workings but this doesn't seem like a kid bemoaning the fact that he would miss college. I wonder if the behind the scenes environment if bad had any impact or he saw another NIT club next year.

Very few players take that little time to make a decision, I don't see the rational at all for signing with an agent, he is either getting really bad advice from someone, or he isn't a fan of college.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom