Mal to play the 3 this year | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Mal to play the 3 this year

This is my thoughts. Call it what you want on D but he plays the 3 on O. Hopefully he can hit some shots and pump fake to spread floor and draw fouls from guys eager to get the block
I like this idea on offense a ton. G-Trev-Mali or even KJ-Trev-Mali really spreads it out when we are on offense, two guys spacing the floor that can shoot. Only issue I see with it is we're a little small on the glass and I liked when we had 2 of the 3 with the ability to put the ball on the floor more. Remains to be seen if TC or Mali can do it consistently.

But the overall point of multiple outside threats does sound good. In fact, throw Lydon into the mix as well and now we have size and another outside threat. Lydon can rebound and he is assertive enough. I just hope he can bang with bigger guys this year. Lots of questions. But I think one of Richardson-Lydon-KJ steps up into the spotlight. At least one would have to and is guaranteed plenty of minutes. Again. We're asking the younger guys to grow up fast. Don't really have a choice as the roster is limited.

Obviously with younger guys getting time there are bound to be bumps along the way. Hopefully they can work through it and limit the What moments. No doubt we have talent. I'm sure this is obvious but I think we battle foul problems all year.

Gbinije as a Defensive guard, is Fast moving, jumps out of the gym, and is 6'7. Hes best to trap the freethrow line attacker, (which will give battle something to study), and would grab down the longer three point rebounds well. I have a feeling we will see Lydon and Gbinije on the left side alot to grab the offensive boards and weak side missed threes.

I also think Cooney is a letloose mindset right now. Who knows maybe he is trying to pick up his pressure defense some.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom