mike francesa | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

mike francesa

Also Russo after the Giants blew the game lead in the WS was awesome radio. Mike and Mad Dog was so good it's sad they broke up over stupid pettiness.

mike alone controls the call. he cant laugh at himself and he allows no discourse. when dog controlled the calls. mike was at his best when he can use his brain. that's why he's the best interview on radio/tv. he lets the guest have his point of view.

is a big bag of hot air
This is what Phil Mushnick has to say about
New York Post sports reporter Phil Mushnick is Francesa's biggest fan-------" NOT " !!
This is what Phil Mushnick has to say in today's edition of the New York Post----------
2. How do you solve a problem like Maria? That’s the von Trapp family’s problem. Let’s work on Mike Francesa.
On Tuesday, Francesa threatened to surpass his previous standards for pompous, imperious conduct when he suddenly dumped a caller, “John,” to conduct his regular session with “Cash,” known to the serfs in the Kingdom of Francesspool as Yankees general manager Brian Cashman.
Cashman’s first words were classy, likely intended to do what Francesa should have done: Cashman apologized to John for his sudden dismissal.
To that, Francesa, as he only he would and could, said, “That’s okay, don’t worry about him.”
Such an arrogant, cold-hearted slap at his listeners — Francesa (dis)regards them all as John — didn’t quite fit his soulful, on-air self-evaluation, last September:
“I’ve always done a classy show. There’s a way people should be treated, and that’s incredibly important to me.”
Yes, there is an important way people should be treated — it’s the way he (mis)treats them, as a matter of self-importance.
Modal Trigger
FrancesaPhoto: AP
So, after all these years of listening to Francesa abuse callers — he’s especially good at quickly dumping those who sound as if they know he’s dead wrong — what are callers to do?
Hmm. Lemme think … Wait a second. Why not just stop calling!?
Not a boycott, but as a matter of self-determination and self-respect. Why wait on hold, thank him “for taking my call,” speak some secondary homage — “love the show” — only to be treated like what flies out of the back of garbage trucks?
He can’t abuse callers if there are none. Of course, if there were no more callers, “Let’s Be Honest” could explain, “I don’t take calls, anymore” — failing to add, “because I don’t get any.”

All radio shows would be better without callers in my opinion. Radio callers are troubled souls just like the adults that talk to recruits on twitter. The only time I enjoy phone calls is when the host points out the caller's stupidity.

Radio hosts would just have to do more homework to fill time.

Timely article...Da Sports Pope himself just named as the 8th most powerful man in NY sports by the Daily News. A paper he routinely attacks.

1. Jimmy Dolan
2. Roger Goodell
3. Derek Jeter
4. John Mara
5. Brian Cashman
6. Phil Jackson
7. Bud Selig
8. Mike Francesa
9. Rob Manfred
10. Randy Levine

Say what u want, when he's gone it will be a sad boring day. I still can't believe people use mushnick's shtick as some kind of right and wrong test.

Morons.

I don't care for Mike solo, but there probably was no better sports radio show ever than his time with Chris Russo.

To me this is the top of the list for best interviewers of any type over the past ~30 years:

1. Howard Stern
2. Mike and The Mad Dog

Scooch said:
I don't care for Mike solo, but there probably was no better sports radio show ever than his time with Chris Russo. To me this is the top of the list for best interviewers of any type over the past ~30 years: 1. Howard Stern 2. Mike and The Mad Dog

Howahd Stern ovah Mike Franceser, tha spawts pope? Get lawst.

Also Russo after the Giants blew the game lead in the WS was awesome radio. Mike and Mad Dog was so good it's sad they broke up over stupid pettiness.

I was under the impression that Russo left for the money and the chance to run is own channel - he quickly demonstrated that he was not a broadcasting executive. He failed badly in that respect. But, he made very good money at least for awhile.

I suspect that Mike could have gone the satellite route with Chris, but didn't want to leave WFAN or the NYC market. I have always thought that Russo was the more adventurous of the two.

Mike and The Dog were the best - by miles and miles.

I hope they do it again one of these days.

Listen to the Brandon Inge one IT IS UNBELIEVABLE how much da Pope loved him some Brandon Inge in 2008.

ahahaha oh god trust me i've listened to that one a LAWT.
i really like inge dog. i mean, i like inge. that's a good one. i like inge.

there was a great clip from last week when francesca cut off a caller (of course he did) to go to an interview with brian cashman. he asks cashman a question, the first thing cashman does is apologize to the caller for him getting cut off, and mike pipes in "dont worry about him"

for anyone who loves francesca, you need to be following ordiomongo and mikefrancescaNY on twitter.

I was under the impression that Russo left for the money and the chance to run is own channel - he quickly demonstrated that he was not a broadcasting executive. He failed badly in that respect. But, he made very good money at least for awhile.

I suspect that Mike could have gone the satellite route with Chris, but didn't want to leave WFAN or the NYC market. I have always thought that Russo was the more adventurous of the two.

Mike and The Dog were the best - by miles and miles.

I hope they do it again one of these days.
Honestly, the truth is Mike pushed Dog out. Its fine and I don't blame him, but the split has been described as mutual. However, Mike had the management on his side and Dog left without it being bitter. I love both of them, but Mike is the better to stay at WFAN. Dog himself a good deal with Sirius/XM and now with MLB Network, but if they could reunite it would be great. Especially when Mike is ready to retire let them do a football season together. I loved them on Football Fridays.

Sports Talk Radio should be entertainment and not hosts playing wrestling characters to attract callers. 1% of all listeners call into sports radio you need to entertain the 99% and not try to gin up for that 1%.

Mikes a blowhard. Unfortunately I like sports radio, but since ESPN moved from AM to FM I cant get the signal to come in, so I am stuck listening to WFAN. Ive listened to the Mike Zaun parodies on Youtube and they are spot on, the 1943 one is the best of the bunch.

Not sure who I yell at more listening to the radio, Franfatfuc.ka or Suzyn Waldman

Mikes a blowhard. Unfortunately I like sports radio, but since ESPN moved from AM to FM I cant get the signal to come in, so I am stuck listening to WFAN. Ive listened to the Mike Zaun parodies on Youtube and they are spot on, the 1943 one is the best of the bunch.

Not sure who I yell at more listening to the radio, Franfatfuc.ka or Suzyn Waldman
Listen Mike is a gem compared to Boston Sports Talk radio. We as fans of New England have seen since 2001 3 Super Bowl Titles, 2 Super Bowl losses, 1 NBA title, 1 NBA Finals loss, 1 Stanley Cup title, 1 Stanley Cup Final loss, 3 World Series title and the local radio hosts TROLL the crap out of listeners who aren't angry as much anymore. Dan Shaughnessy calls Red Sox fans soft because we aren't angry buying his stupid Curse book.

Appreciate the Sports Pope while you have him. He shows the callers of sports talk radio the disregard that they deserve. I hate #hotsportstakes. Listen to Felger and Mazz in Boston for 1 month and you will hate sports. They play their wrestling characters to a tee and have called everyone in Boston Sports Media ass kissers if you don't hammer the local teams and grunge up the negative. Sports Pope just talks sports and can interview like few can.

I don't care for Mike solo, but there probably was no better sports radio show ever than his time with Chris Russo.

To me this is the top of the list for best interviewers of any type over the past ~30 years:

1. Howard Stern
2. Mike and The Mad Dog
Bob Edwards, late of NPR's Morning Edition (he may still have a Sirius show) is about as good as it gets.

Listen Mike is a gem compared to Boston Sports Talk radio. We as fans of New England have seen since 2001 3 Super Bowl Titles, 2 Super Bowl losses, 1 NBA title, 1 NBA Finals loss, 1 Stanley Cup title, 1 Stanley Cup Final loss, 3 World Series title and the local radio hosts TROLL the crap out of listeners who aren't angry as much anymore. Dan Shaughnessy calls Red Sox fans soft because we aren't angry buying his stupid Curse book.

Appreciate the Sports Pope while you have him. He shows the callers of sports talk radio the disregard that they deserve. I hate #hotsportstakes. Listen to Felger and Mazz in Boston for 1 month and you will hate sports. They play their wrestling characters to a tee and have called everyone in Boston Sports Media ass kissers if you don't hammer the local teams and grunge up the negative. Sports Pope just talks sports and can interview like few can.

Listen I know he is your boy, your messiah, but the guy sucks. Not once when I listen to him do I think his interviewing skills are great.

Listen I know he is your boy, your messiah, but the guy sucks. Not once when I listen to him do I think his interviewing skills are great.
I like him, but I appreciate him because of how bad my local Boston Sports Radio is. I respect your opinion, but listen to WEEI or WBZ-FM in Boston and see how freaking negative/passive aggressive/douche they are on the radio when Boston has won practically everything in the last decade.

He is not a great interviewer - true.

He usually makes a statement or observation about a topic and asks nothing of the interview - dead air - or asks the interviewee - do you agree with me or is that right?

Very odd style.

But Mike and The Dog together were somehow a good interviewing team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom