Nassib | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Nassib

Jags are my new favorite team. Doug is making up for lost time and is coaching the heck out of his players, they will win their division this year. Brady throws harder than that and NFL guts catch it. If Eli wasn't such a self absorbed jerk, he could have let Ryan get a chance to play in games at the end of the last couple of seasons when they were out of the playoff hunt or during blowouts to get a chance to audition his abilities. I hope that Nassib gets the job in Dallas and somehow ends up the starter and gives Eli and the Gmen the gas pipe. Clearly, it appeared that Eli was afraid that Ryan was good enough to take his job.
Not sure if serious Fry.jpeg

I am sure Cal Ripken and Lou Gehrig had backups too.

This is possibly the most homer post I've ever seen here, which in it's own way is awesome.
Eli knows the only reason he had any success at all in the NFL was owed to two Syracuse men, Tommy and Tyree. Of course he would be skerred of Nassib.

upload_2017-6-12_15-28-20.png

What a terrible, and I mean TERRIBLE, headline from the dot com.

The sub-title "Former Syracuse Football..." works just fine. The actual headline used makes it seem like a miracle Ryan is still in the league.

I still believe Nassib can be a very productive QB in the league. He has the smarts to play chess with the NFL DC's and win.

kind of a low blow by Nate Mink. It'll be interesting to see if Nassib can make the team as a cheaper alternative to Chase Daniel and Garrett Grayson...

kind of a low blow by Nate Mink. It'll be interesting to see if Nassib can make the team as a cheaper alternative to Chase Daniel and Garrett Grayson...

Yes, i agree, NM was kinda a dink about this move. I like the move DM has obviously communicated with SP and that has to carry some weight and credibility. Hey, its one of the few teams RN will be taller than the qb in front of him;)

Coughlin and Marrone must have both weighed in with Saints management. He has a real chance at a starting NFL job there.

Coughlin and Marrone must have both weighed in with Saints management. He has a real chance at a starting NFL job there.
Your vastly overestimated opinion of Nassib's abilities at the NFL level are a bit puzzling to me. Have you seen him play against NFL talent?

Look, I love Nassib and what he did for us at Syracuse. I always want former players to succeed, and succeed big. But there's no way he was taking Eli's job. There's no way he is taking Brees' job. There is no way he starts for the Saints unless it's a) pre-season, or b) the result of a string of unfortunate and wide-spread injuries. Ryan is what he is - a good to very good college QB who will hold the clipboard and be ready to go in the game due to injury. Good coach material? :noidea:

Your vastly overestimated opinion of Nassib's abilities at the NFL level are a bit puzzling to me. Have you seen him play against NFL talent?

Look, I love Nassib and what he did for us at Syracuse. I always want former players to succeed, and succeed big. But there's no way he was taking Eli's job. There's no way he is taking Brees' job. There is no way he starts for the Saints unless it's a) pre-season, or b) the result of a string of unfortunate and wide-spread injuries. Ryan is what he is - a good to very good college QB who will hold the clipboard and be ready to go in the game due to injury. Good coach material? :noidea:
I have watched a lot of football and I can't remember another QB who had as many 4th quarter comebacks in so few games, with such a relatively lower talent team. I'm thinking it was 10-12 in 3 seasons. I don't think he will displace Brees, but Drew is almost 40 and I don't think the Saints want to expend more cap on him, so there is a chance. I believe his IQ gives him an edge over the other 2 backups, that and he is a Syracuse man.

For the 8,000th time, the writers don't write the headlines.

There's also nothing wrong with that headline unless you have an axe to grind against the Post Standard.

It wasn't in the headline. It was the first sentence.

It wasn't in the headline. It was the first sentence.
I mean, I was honestly shocked he got another NFL gig, so I don't think it's a ridiculous statement. What has he done to deserve an NFL position?

I mean, I was honestly shocked he got another NFL gig, so I don't think it's a ridiculous statement. What has he done to deserve an NFL position?

I'm not. I'm a Saints fan. They have always been high on Nassib.

You could say that about 20 backup quarterbacks in the league.

the saints think so highly of him, they brought him after OTA's, when every other team in the league also passed on him.

hes the 4th arm.

the good news is...this year, there is no 75 cut down mark, so he will likely make it to Labor Day.

A 7-9 team being high on him means nothing. He hasn't played in NFL action, and has been mediocre at best in preseason. The fact he got a contract is surprising, if not shocking.

I'd love to see him succeed but nothing about that article is incorrect.

A 7-9 team being high on him means nothing. He hasn't played in NFL action, and has been mediocre at best in preseason. The fact he got a contract is surprising, if not shocking.

I'd love to see him succeed but nothing about that article is incorrect.

Opinion. Opinion. Opinion.

Different from reporting.

Nassib is perfect fit with the Brees offense. The Saints didn't want to show their interest too soon and have to pay more, which they would have.

the saints think so highly of him, they brought him after OTA's, when every other team in the league also passed on him.

hes the 4th arm.

the good news is...this year, there is no 75 cut down mark, so he will likely make it to Labor Day.

Not telling you anything you don't already know, but even if that happens -- Nassib's pro career has already been a smashing success. Just getting to the league is a major accomplishment, and he managed to stick for a few years. Not bad for a two-star QB who ran the wing-T coming out of high school.

And hopefully he finds a watch to latch on for a bit longer, to continue making money. But even if he doesn't, he's taken steps to be prepared for life after football [NFL's MBA summer program, etc.]. Kid will be fine.

He's competing for the #2 according to the Saints writers but whatever makes the board egos feel better.;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom