Nassib | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Nassib

In fact, Brady isn't even in the top 10!

My .02 is that in no way can you fault the player for seeking out and accepting the highest amount possible. You can question ownership, the team management, the player's agent (the highest monetary valued contract isn't always the best of available option - all other things considered - for their player), etc, etc, but to lay blame on Brees or anyone else in his cleats/sneakers/ice skates is again, in my view, unnecessary.

Nope, but when you want to win championships, qbs are cap sensitive and understand where $$$ needs to be spent to make the team better. NOT Brees. Sure its on the management, too.

Brees has a ring.

Blaming Brees for the Saints failures is crazy. He's the only reason they have a shot in most games.

I'm a Saints fan and they have tried to spend lots of money on the defense which has been the problem in the Brees era. Most of the moves have been duds(Jairus Byrd/Jabari Greer/Keenan Lewis) and the guys they have drafted haven't played to their ability(Stephone Anthony/Ronald Powell/Vinnie Sunseri/Khairi Fortt/Stanley Jean-Baptiste). Heck they are on defensive coordinator number 4 in 5 years.

Archie Manning must still be involved with the Saint's ownership at some level. Maybe he was part of getting Nassib a shot on advice from Eli.

Archie Manning must still be involved with the Saint's ownership at some level. Maybe he was part of getting Nassib a shot on advice from Eli.
grasping-at-straws-Grapes-Poison.jpg

My .02 is that in no way can you fault the player for seeking out and accepting the highest amount possible. You can question ownership, the team management, the player's agent (the highest monetary valued contract isn't always the best of available option - all other things considered - for their player), etc, etc, but to lay blame on Brees or anyone else in his cleats/sneakers/ice skates is again, in my view, unnecessary.

Disagree, these qbs know there is a cap. If they want to compete and make the team better in other areas; they have that option. Look at the saints' performance since he stood his ground and went through a big contract battle with ownership. Btw, the #1 paid qb is luck. Thus, the Colts have issues all over the place, specifically on D and his oline. Fine, sure, take every last penny fellas, just not a peep when you can't compete as a team.

Brees has a ring.

Yup, he does, and that came before his big contract battle with ownership where he milked every last penny AND became the second highest qb in the game. And since? Well, that's my point.

Blaming Brees for the Saints failures is crazy. He's the only reason they have a shot in most games.

I'm a Saints fan and they have tried to spend lots of money on the defense which has been the problem in the Brees era. Most of the moves have been duds(Jairus Byrd/Jabari Greer/Keenan Lewis) and the guys they have drafted haven't played to their ability(Stephone Anthony/Ronald Powell/Vinnie Sunseri/Khairi Fortt/Stanley Jean-Baptiste). Heck they are on defensive coordinator number 4 in 5 years.

Come on! I couldn't spend 25 mil in a year if i tried and all the best qbs, the winning qbs are cap sensitive and know just how far 5-10 million can go on the oline and defensive side of the ball. So DB and Luck can cash their checks in early january instead of Feb.

Come on! I couldn't spend 25 mil in a year if i tried and all the best qbs, the winning qbs are cap sensitive and know just how far 5-10 million can go on the oline and defensive side of the ball. So DB and Luck can cash their checks in early january instead of Feb.

Bree's has accomplished a lot more than Luck. He outplayed Peyton Manning in the Super Bowl.

The Saints have spent money on defense. It hasn't worked out. We don't pay our skill guys on offense and still score 400 points a year.

Bree's has accomplished a lot more than Luck. He outplayed Peyton Manning in the Super Bowl.

The Saints have spent money on defense. It hasn't worked out. We don't pay our skill guys on offense and still score 400 points a year.

The D is very soft and Brees has made his living slinging it around the dome. Take a look at his splits. The NFL version of Tulowitzski when he was in colorado. I know DB gets killed at times on local saints ' radio.

The D is very soft and Brees has made his living slinging it around the dome. Take a look at his splits. The NFL version of Tulowitzski when he was in colorado. I know DB gets killed at times on local saints ' radio.

Hiring Rob Ryan was the dumbest mistake the Payton/Loomis tandem has done. The NFL has passed the Ryan family by. They can't coach defense in this pass happy era.

Hiring Rob Ryan was the dumbest mistake the Payton/Loomis tandem has done. The NFL has passed the Ryan family by. They can't coach defense in this pass happy era.

Soooo true, the meathead approach at D is a thing of the past. I agree, that was part of the turning point of your franchise. I route for the saints with you. I was college roomies with Bobby Hebert's cousin. So, have been connected since;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom