NBA Playoffs | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Playoffs

James with a fantastic travel. Nice finish tho.
Can they review it and take the points away?

Steve Javie legit annoying me acting like Biyombo wasn't making a normal basketball move.

Watched the smith segment with his #1 fan and gained more respect for him. Still a clown tho.

Cavs probably take this game, I'm hoping for a brawl
Lowry and Derozan keep missing bunnies and bumbling around, they'll have no chance.

Role players might want to make a wide open shot sometime tonight.

Last edited:
What Kyle Lowry just did was so stupid. Literally infuriates me watching Cuse players push the ball erratically knowing they're in traffic only to inevitably lose the ball. Goes from possibly down single digits to down 14. Good job Lowry.

This game is comical lol.

True. Anyone who watched the first quarter knows exactly what's going on. I had to turn it off. Couldn't resist, :) turned it back on later in the 2nd, Toronto is playing like crap. The die is cast.

What Kyle Lowry just did was so stupid. Literally infuriates me watching Cuse players push the ball erratically knowing they're in traffic only to inevitably lose the ball. Goes from possibly down single digits to down 14. Good job Lowry.

He's done that for most of the year. Makes me want to spit nickels.

I appreciate that, bro, but no clue what you're talkin' about.
The Bismack Biyombo play. Got a rebound went up for a layup and while turning to pump fake elbowed Love in the face. Purely a basketball play, turned to keep the ball high and Love was standing right there. They reviewed it, called it a flagrant 1, took away the basket retroactively, gave Cleveland 2 shots and the ball.

Tristan Thompson had just threw an intentional elbow to Lowry's head about 4 minutes prior and they called a plain old offensive foul. .

Van Gundy was losing his mind.

The Bismack Biyombo play. Got a rebound went up for a layup and while turning to pump fake elbowed Love in the face. Purely a basketball play, turned to keep the ball high and Love was standing right there. They reviewed it, called it a flagrant 1, took away the basket retroactively, gave Cleveland 2 shots and the ball.

Tristan Thompson had just threw an intentional elbow to Lowry's head about 4 minutes prior and they called a plain old offensive foul. .

That was the sequence that set the tone, and fairly announced the outcome of the game. That, and the stupid little bunny-hop travel call they made on him off a defensive rebound, after all James' travels they let go. I guess the league didn't want it to go seven. :noidea:

That was the sequence that set the tone, and fairly announced the outcome of the game. That, and the stupid little bunny-hop travel call they made on him off a defensive rebound, after all James' travels they let go. I guess the league didn't want it to go seven. :noidea:
I was going to mention that travel but didn't want to seem too over the top. I believe those happened fairly close in real time which led to the crowd freaking out and the Raptors being down double digits instead of probably about 4-6 points. Then shortly after JV got into it with Jefferson and 2 Raps get t'd up compared to just one Cav. No clue what Patterson did. JV actually tried to apologize right away..

I'll say this though.. Toronto fans have made me a fan of the Raptors. They are absolutely incredible.

Ah, gotcha, I actually missed that, I drove from Rochester to Philly yesterday and had just settled into my Airbnb. I found a bar that was recommended to me by a couple of locals, walked in, the Cavs were up 10 or so and Biyombo was already gonzo.

I totally understand where you're coming from. Your dislike of LeBron, for whatever reason, has you so blinded that you're unable to appreciate the beauty of his game -- and how it can elevate others around him. He's had a pretty impressive 13-year career -- this will be his sixth straight appearance in the finals -- and what I saw last night was a clinic (nome sane, Drake?), but, alas, again, the morning after, again, another ad nauseum cry of conspiracy and referee collusion.

And, if the Cavs do the unthinkable and win an NBA title and give a snake-bitten, sports-crazed city its first championship in 52 years, there'll only be one reason why: the Cavs get all the calls, the fix is in.

10 ways the world changed since LeBron James last missed the NBA Finals

Last edited:
Ah, gotcha, I actually missed that, I drove from Rochester to Philly yesterday and had just settled into my Airbnb. I found a bar that was recommended to me by a couple of locals, walked in, the Cavs were up 10 or so and Biyombo was already gonzo.

I totally understand where you're coming from. Your dislike of LeBron, for whatever reason, has you so blinded that you're unable to appreciate the beauty of his game -- and how it can elevate others around him. He's had a pretty impressive 13-year career -- this will be his sixth straight appearance in the finals -- and what I saw last night was a clinic (nome sane, Drake?), but, alas, again, the morning after, again, another ad nauseum cry of conspiracy and referee collusion.

And, if the Cavs do the unthinkable and win an NBA title and give a snake-bitten, sports-crazed city its first championship in 52 years, there'll only be one reason why: the Cavs get all the calls, the fix is in.
If the Cavs can beat OKC or GS, I promise you I will give them credit. I can't get myself to give props to yet another Lebron-assembled super team for running through their red carpet stroll to the Finals over Eastern Conference foes who might not even make the playoffs in the West most years.

You have to admit that Lebron is easy to hate. He flops...all the time. He always has to have a GM assembled super team. He dominates the vastly inferior Eastern Conference for a guaranteed spot in the Finals each year. He whines all game. The announcers gargle him more than you do, I mean Mark Jackson literally lost it because Lebron threw a give and go bounce pass...like the most basic pass in all of sports. It's too much.

I get why you like him and that's why it's fun to mess with you. Rest assured though, if he can beat the Western Conf winner in a 7 game series. I will give my props...unless Curry isn't 100% (kidding).

If the Cavs can beat OKC or GS, I promise you I will give them credit. I can't get myself to give props to yet another Lebron-assembled super team for running through their red carpet stroll to the Finals over Eastern Conference foes who might not even make the playoffs in the West most years.

You have to admit that Lebron is easy to hate. He flops...all the time. He always has to have a GM assembled super team. He dominates the vastly inferior Eastern Conference for a guaranteed spot in the Finals each year. He whines all game. The announcers gargle him more than you do, I mean Mark Jackson literally lost it because Lebron threw a give and go bounce pass...like the most basic pass in all of sports. It's too much.

I get why you like him and that's why it's fun to mess with you. Rest assured though, if he can beat the Western Conf winner in a 7 game series. I will give my props...unless Curry isn't 100% (kidding).
You're right. When we look back on LeBron's career, we'll remember what a great flopper he was. That's a Duke move all day, I'm sure he learned that from Coach K during the Olympics.

This is a much better look ... if LBJ only did this (I'd say ad nauseum, but already used that in this thread), I have no doubt you'd change your mind. One of these shimmies would endear him to the haters.

Last edited:
You're right. When we look back on LeBron's career, we'll remember what a great flopper he was. That's a Duke move all day, I'm sure he learned that from Coach K during the Olympics.

This is a much better look ... if LBJ only did this (I'd say ad nauseum, but already used that in this thread), I have no doubt you'd change your mid. One of these shimmies would endear him to the haters.

Actually it would. I like cockiness and confidence. I don't like whining and flopping. When Lebron was doing that stomp/push the floor down celebration, I was feelin it.

I think it would be terrific for the long-suffering sports fans in Cleveland to have a championship. If it happens, I hope it's because they legitimately win it, without the flopping and whining.

I think GSW is the most easily detestable team left.

LeBron might flop and complain, but GSW has to complain maybe more than any team besides the Clippers.

And Draymlnd isn't good enough to act the way he acts.

I really hope that OKC wins tonight, because I'd be happy with either team winning the finals. Might pull for Cleveland just because of the tortured history.

LeBron might flop and complain, but GSW has to complain maybe more than any team besides the Clippers.

I really hope that OKC wins tonight, because I'd be happy with either team winning the finals. Might pull for Cleveland just because of the tortured history.
No OKC please.
The Sordid Deal That Created The Okla. City Thunder

It would be interesting to see two first year HCs in the finals for the second consecutive year.

It would be interesting to see two first year HCs in the finals for the second consecutive year.

Both first-year NBA coaches, one in his first 4 months as a head coach anywhere, the other with 21 years' experience as a head coach at the highest level of college hoops, admittedly, a far different world from the pros. I like the matchup. I also like the Cavs in six.

Green's getting screwed but has no one to blame but himself. You kick people, you bitch the whole series...you aren't gonna get the calls.

Get Bogut out of the game. Geez. Stone hands a pass leading to an easy 2 points and then bricks his two shots.

Curry and Klay gonna have to will them to a Game 7 because the GS role players are straight trash right now.

I can't figure out if the Thunder have been awesome on the offensive boards this game, or if the Warriors have just been terrible at defensive rebounding. Whatever it is, that's been one of the differences in this game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom