NBA Playoffs | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Playoffs

It was his ankle before today. He screwed up his knee slipping on the floor right before halftime. I agree with Ham. I'm a Celtics fan but I want the best players out there for all teams this time of year.

True, but sometimes you overcompensate and wind up injuring something else, Gs can beat Houston without him, might be smart to just rest him a while.

True, but sometimes you overcompensate and wind up injuring something else, Gs can beat Houston without him, might be smart to just rest him a while.

Did you watch the game? Or the play? Had nothing to do with overcompensating.

Then you have no frame of reference here Donny.

Whos Donny? lol. I just think Golden State should be smart here, if Curry isn't fully healthy, don't chance it, you can beat Houston without him.

Pending the MRI on Steph's knee the playoffs may have just got a lot more interesting

Not to me. If he's out, I care far less.

I was so ready for a Spurs-Warriors WAR. If Steph's out, we might not have a great series until the finals. And even then, the winner would always have the "if Curry didn't get hurt, the Warriors would've won" hanging over them.

This sucks on every single level if he's out. Really hope he's ok, but I'm worried.

Well I just hope the Spurs beat the Thunder I don't want Lebron to win it all.

Spurs and Warriors are the only teams that can beat Cleveland. I don't see a team in the East except Miami at home that can beat Cleveland.

Not to me. If he's out, I care far less.

I was so ready for a Spurs-Warriors WAR. If Steph's out, we might not have a great series until the finals. And even then, the winner would always have the "if Curry didn't get hurt, the Warriors would've won" hanging over them.

This sucks on every single level if he's out. Really hope he's ok, but I'm worried.

I guess I meant interesting more in the sense that the outcome would be more up in the air. Agreed it would be disappointing to miss out on a Spurs-Warriors series with both teams at full strength, but to be honest, I t hink the Warriors take that one in 6 games maybe.

2 weeks!

If the Clips can't get this done, they need to blow that team up, big time.

That LAC series just got a whole lot more interesting.

If the Clippers can actually wrap up their current series.

If this somehow goes to 6 or 7, they will have blown a big opportunity.

Clippers need to win tonight in the Rose Garden. If they don't win tonight that series doesn't end to Friday at the earliest.
Clippers IMO without Curry should beat GS. If you took Lebron off Cleveland I would pick Atlanta/Boston to beat Cleveland.
Only Boston-Atlanta IMO is a lock to go 7.
I think Miami will win tonight and game 5.
Toronto looks good IMO to win in 6.
Clippers should win in 5. Same for the Thunder.
I think we will see Heat-Cavs and Spurs-Clippers if LA takes care of Portland tonight and Wednesday.

When Jordan retired the first time and the Bulls still took the Knicks to 7 without him in 94, after they won in 6 the year before with Jordan. Thats how I view the GSW/LAC series without Curry. Probably a complete tossup. Sans Curry they are about a 55 win team.

When Jordan retired the first time and the Bulls still took the Knicks to 7 without him in 94, after they won in 6 the year before with Jordan. Thats how I view the GSW/LAC series without Curry. Probably a complete tossup. Sans Curry they are about a 55 win team.

55 to me seems a little high. I'm thinking 47-50? Draymond might take on a much larger play making role (kinda like Scottie when MJ retired) and 55 could be attainable though.

Hue Hollins awful call that gave Hubert Davis 2 FTs won that series for the NYK.
GS would have a chance as they are deeper than people think. I just don't think Livingston/Barbosa could guard Chris Paul and beat them 4 times out of 7.
Thompson would be counted for more offense thus would need to guard Redick for his legs.

Best thing they hope happens is they win wednesday and Portland takes that series to 7.

Wouldn't be shocked one bit at either, especially GSW winning wed.

Hue Hollins awful call that gave Hubert Davis 2 FTs won that series for the NYK.
GS would have a chance as they are deeper than people think. I just don't think Livingston/Barbosa could guard Chris Paul and beat them 4 times out of 7.
Thompson would be counted for more offense thus would need to guard Redick for his legs.

You need insider, but ESPN had an article this morning that even if Curry missed the entire series against the Clips they still have a 60 percent shot at winning that sereies. They would be major dogs against SAS, and slight underdogs to Cleveland/OKC.

I still think if Doc can't beat them without Steph he may as well quit, but if Steph comes back I'll give him the benefit of doubt. Anyway if the Clips can't close this out by the end of the week you are talking about a scenario where Steph may only miss a game or 2.

You need insider, but ESPN had an article this morning that even if Curry missed the entire series against the Clips they still have a 60 percent shot at winning that sereies. They would be major dogs against SAS, and slight underdogs to Cleveland/OKC.

I still think if Doc can't beat them without Steph he may as well quit, but if Steph comes back I'll give him the benefit of doubt. Anyway if the Clips can't close this out by the end of the week you are talking about a scenario where Steph may only miss a game or 2.

Clippers are trading either CP3 or Blake if they can't beat GSW with or without Steph. It's year five of that trio. This is the last year they are giving it a chance without a Finals appearance.

I have insider. That article factors in HCA a lot and gives respect to the role players of GS.
I wouldn't predict LA in 5 but I think without Curry the top of the Clippers roster could be the difference.

Clippers are trading either CP3 or Blake if they can't beat GSW with or without Steph. It's year five of that trio. This is the last year they are giving it a chance without a Finals appearance.

Just as an aside, I can't believe it's year 5 with those guys. I feel so damn old.

In those 5 years they've won

50 (lockout season, extrapolating out)

but they've never made it past round 2 of the playoffs. Trying to think of a comp for that

From 86-89 the Hawks went

and lost in the second round 3 times, with the other one a first round loss.

The Jazz had a good run in the mid 90's before their back to back finals trips, but they made conference finals in 92-94-96 before adding 97 and 98.

The Bucks had a real underrated run from 80-87

but they made the eastern finals 3 times in that run (lost to the sixers/celtics/sixers)

Just as an aside, I can't believe it's year 5 with those guys. I feel so damn old.

In those 5 years they've won

50 (lockout season, extrapolating out)

but they've never made it past round 2 of the playoffs. Trying to think of a comp for that

From 86-89 the Hawks went

and lost in the second round 3 times, with the other one a first round loss.

The Jazz had a good run in the mid 90's before their back to back finals trips, but they made conference finals in 92-94-96 before adding 97 and 98.

The Bucks had a real underrated run from 80-87

but they made the eastern finals 3 times in that run (lost to the sixers/celtics/sixers)
I thought for sure he Clippers would have a Detroit 1988 playoff run and eventually conquer the West and lose to Lebron season.

The comp to the 1980s Hawks is good but Paul/Griffin combo is better than Wilkins/Doc Rivers or Kevin Willis combos.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom