NBA Playoffs | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Playoffs

Actually Dallas is a pretty good one I guess. They bookended their 2006 finals and 2011 finals run with

and only won 1 playoff series in the 4 years.

And hell, the 5 years before the 06 run
made the west finals in 2003.

Last one and then I'll stop

Spurs from 90-96

1 west finals, with 3 first round losses

Shoot, I was looking forward to the Cavs beating GS with Curry. I've thought for a while, long before Curry hurt his knee, that the Spurs would pose a tougher test for Cleveland than the Warriors.

Shoot, I was looking forward to the Cavs beating GS with Curry. I've thought for a while, long before Curry hurt his knee, that the Spurs would pose a tougher test for Cleveland than the Warriors.

You're not beating either of them

Redick isn't close to 100 percent. I still think GSW finds a way to get through the next round. I just don't trust the Clips and the Warriors outside of Curry are still really good. If Klay and Draymond play CP3 and Griffin equal the rest of those rosters are advantage GSW.

Justin Anderson is a fun guy to watch. Probably can't show his face for a while in OKC but I like his game.

Paul broke his right hand he is done for the playoffs. Golden State can survive Houston and Portland/Paul less Clippers if Curry is only out 2 weeks. That would line up for a return for the WCF. Each round takes about 2 weeks.

If Clippers-Blazers goes 7 it wouldn't end till Sunday and the Warriors vs. the winner wouldn't begin until next Tuesday. If the next GS round was every other day Curry could be back by Game 4. I think a Curry less GS would be favored over Portland.

ESPN Insider now favors the Blazers to win in 6.

I don't see that at all. I think the Cavs would have a chance (though a dog) against the Spurs, but if they played the Warriors at full strength I think it's 6 games at most.

I don't see that at all. I think the Cavs would have a chance (though a dog) against the Spurs, but if they played the Warriors at full strength I think it's 6 games at most.
I think the Spurs are a tougher matchup for the Cavs.

Spurs have Leonard and Diaw to throw at Lebron. Warriors have Iguadola and Livingston.

Cavs took 2 games from the Warriors without Love for the series and Kyrie for 5 games.

Spurs wouldn't choke away any games. I don't think the Cavs could win 2 games in SA and I think SA could win atleast 1 game in Cleveland.

Warriors played tight in the Finals last year IMO. Games 1-3 but the switch to Iguadola starting saved them.

I bet the Cavs would prefer the Warriors to Spurs. The East right now is a joke the Cavs could sweep the entire conference.

New year, new teams. If I'm Cleveland I'd rather play San Antonio. They actually beat them this year.

I know Cleveland is better this year, but GSW is a lot better.

I think the Spurs are a tougher matchup for the Cavs.

Spurs have Leonard and Diaw to throw at Lebron. Warriors have Iguadola and Livingston.

Cavs took 2 games from the Warriors without Love for the series and Kyrie for 5 games.

Spurs wouldn't choke away any games. I don't think the Cavs could win 2 games in SA and I think SA could win atleast 1 game in Cleveland.

Warriors played tight in the Finals last year IMO. Games 1-3 but the switch to Iguadola starting saved them.

I bet the Cavs would prefer the Warriors to Spurs. The East right now is a joke the Cavs could sweep the entire conference.

I don't know how much the series last year really matters. Once the Warriors went small against the Cavs they had no chance.

I don't know how much the series last year really matters. Once the Warriors went small against the Cavs they had no chance.
The Cavs have been preparing, it seems, to play more small ball themselves. Mozgov's become a dnp, I think he's gonzo after this season. Thompson's showing why he got max money. When he goes out, Love's been moving to the 5 and LeBron's been at the 4, where, I think, he's most effective. Don't sell the two "old-timers," Jefferson and Frye, short. Good role players, both good 3-point shooters, Frye was an excellent late-season pickup, can play the 4 or 5.

The Cavs have played some really strong defense. Shumpert, if he can just stay healthy, is an excellent defender. JR's played really well on both ends, seems to have matured enough, relatively speaking, to realize what a great situation he's in (that coulda been Dion's role).

LeBron, Kyrie and Love are clicking like they were in the playoffs last year until Love and Kyrie went down. If they can stay healthy, heart be still.

I think Steph and "the greatest team ever (?)" is just what LBJ needed at this stage of his career: a new challenge.

And Lue, it appears more and more, is the right man for the job with that team. http://www.ohio.com/sports/cavs/cav...-players-for-first-round-performance-1.678527

The Cavs have been preparing, it seems, to play more small ball themselves. Mozgov's become a dnp, I think he's gonzo after this season. Thompson's showing why he got max money. When he goes out, Love's been moving to the 5 and LeBron's been at the 4, where, I think, he's most effective. Don't sell the two "old-timers," Jefferson and Frye, short. Good role players, both good 3-point shooters, Frye was an excellent late-season pickup, can play the 4 or 5.

The Cavs have played some really strong defense. Shumpert, if he can just stay healthy, is an excellent defender. JR's played really well on both ends, seems to have matured enough, relatively speaking, to realize what a great situation he's in (that coulda been Dion's role).

LeBron, Kyrie and Love are clicking like they were in the playoffs last year until Love and Kyrie went down. If they can stay healthy, heart be still.

I think Steph and "the greatest team ever (?)" is just what LBJ needed at this stage of his career: a new challenge.

And Lue, it appears more and more, is the right man for the job with that team. http://www.ohio.com/sports/cavs/cav...-players-for-first-round-performance-1.678527

It's nothing against Cleveland, i think if Steph is healthy no one has much of a chance to beat them. That death lineup is incredible.

Tough to gauge just how good Cleveland is. Detroit is about 2-3 years away from becoming experienced enough to do anything. They played tough all series but couldn't come through in winning time.

Who else is even in the East? Miami? Tied 2-2 with Charlotte. Atlanta? Tied 2-2 with Boston? Toronto?.. LOL.

They won't face a good team until GSW, OKC or SAS in the Finals, and GSW/SAS are not just good, they're all time great.

The Warriors went 73-9.

There is no "yeah...but". 73-9.

They won 90% of their games in a league where winning 60% of your games is considered great.

Steph curry made over 400 threes. Read that number again.

It's nothing against Cleveland, i think if Steph is healthy no one has much of a chance to beat them. That death lineup is incredible.
Totally understand and agree that death lineup is sick. Steph has had two great back-to-back seasons, he's a super-freak, but the season's a long, hard grind, I think he and the Warriors can be had in a 7-game series. At any rate, should be fun watching how the playoffs play out, NBA's greatest show on earth.

Totally understand and agree that death lineup is sick. Steph has had two great back-to-back seasons, he's a super-freak, but the season's a long, hard grind, I think he and the Warriors can be had in a 7-game series. At any rate, should be fun watching how the playoffs play out, NBA's greatest show on earth.

First round has been pretty dull. Celtics-Hawks has been kinda fun the last few games. I'm hoping we get at least 1 or 2 epic series in the later rounds.

First round has been pretty dull. Celtics-Hawks has been kinda fun the last few games. I'm hoping we get at least 1 or 2 epic series in the later rounds.

If everyone is healthy, you will.

BTW what is your take on the fact Phil Jackson is making it seem like Kurt Rambis is only decent HC prospect out there and that Tom Thibodeau is not as good as his record.
Berman the Knicks beat writer is so in the tank for Jackson. If the Knicks give the full time job to Rambis then Phil Jackson is a joke and just wants to get fired for the money.

Knick fans deserve better. Dolan is the Daniel Synder of NBA owners.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom