NBA Playoffs | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Playoffs

If everyone is healthy, you will.

I think so, but honestly, I could see the Warriors kind of running over everyone. Spurs-Warriors should be real good.

BTW what is your take on the fact Phil Jackson is making it seem like Kurt Rambis is only decent HC prospect out there and that Tom Thibodeau is not as good as his record.
Berman the Knicks beat writer is so in the tank for Jackson. If the Knicks give the full time job to Rambis then Phil Jackson is a joke and just wants to get fired for the money.

Knick fans deserve better. Dolan is the Daniel Synder of NBA owners.

Can't even get started. The idea that we have to hire a triangle coach is just beyond stupid.

Do you follow Frank Isola on twitter? Been crushing the Knicks, along with Berman, lately. (Well by lately I mean since he's worked there, but especially the last few weeks)

Totally understand and agree that death lineup is sick. Steph has had two great back-to-back seasons, he's a super-freak, but the season's a long, hard grind, I think he and the Warriors can be had in a 7-game series. At any rate, should be fun watching how the playoffs play out, NBA's greatest show on earth.

LeBron's health shows why he is a super freak. It's amazing how many games he has played and never had a serious injury.

Pivoting, I want Portland to win the LAC series now. I think they'll give GSW a good run, especially if Steph is out for a bit. They can score with GSW and Dame is like a poor man's version of Steph.

Should be fun.

I think so, but honestly, I could see the Warriors kind of running over everyone. Spurs-Warriors should be real good.

Can't even get started. The idea that we have to hire a triangle coach is just beyond stupid.

Do you follow Frank Isola on twitter? Been crushing the Knicks, along with Berman, lately. (Well by lately I mean since he's worked there, but especially the last few weeks)
No. I listen to Isola on XM when in the car he crushes Berman/Dolan a lot. However, I thought that was more of a NYDN-post feud thing.

if Phil hires Rambis full time he is asking to be fired so he can keep the money. What free agent is going to want to play for Kurt Rambis. He failed in Minnesota, he wasn't a good interim HC in LA in 1998 or last year in NY.

Jackson scapegoated Fisher when Jackson hired the guy. There was talent out there in Thibs/Mark Jackson and I mean Luke Walton told Phil he wasn't interested.

Knicks need to trade Melo now while he still has some value or just hite the best HC they can to get some decent FAs and be a middle of the road playoff team.

I agree this is the summer to look into trading Melo. The Melo for Blake rumors are probably gonna start up after the Clippers lose.

I agree this is the summer to look into trading Melo. The Melo for Blake rumors are probably gonna start up after the Clippers lose.

I really like Blake as a player, but I strained Quad tendon a year ago and it still isn't right. It'll be ok most of the time and I take one wrong step and then it annoys me for a week. I think this is something that's going to linger with him unless he gets surgery.

I really like Blake as a player, but I strained Quad tendon a year ago and it still isn't right. It'll be ok most of the time and I take one wrong step and then it annoys me for a week. I think this is something that's going to linger with him unless he gets surgery.

I wouldn't be surprised if Melo struggles with knee issues the rest of his career as well though

I don't think LAC will trade Blake for Melo. Straight up its such a better deal for the NYK. The LAC would want atleast a future first round swap option for 3 years or something. I can't see Doc Rivers doing that actually Doc the GM isn't that good so maybe it could happen.

Melo isn't the same player. His image is better than the actual facts IMO. Is Melo currently a top 20 player?

I don't think LAC will trade Blake for Melo. Straight up its such a better deal for the NYK. The LAC would want atleast a future first round swap option for 3 years or something. I can't see Doc Rivers doing that actually Doc the GM isn't that good so maybe it could happen.

Melo isn't the same player. His image is better than the actual facts IMO. Is Melo currently a top 20 player?

I said it before, maybe in this thread; never underestimate the ability of GM doc to do something stupid.

They're probably going to look to blow the team up, CP and Melo are super tight. I could definitely see this happening.

1. Lebron
2. Steph Curry
3. Kevin Durant
4. Russell Westbrook
5. Anthony Davis
6. Kwahi Leonard
7. Chris Paul
8. DeMarcus Cousins
9. Marc Gasol
10. John Wall
11. Klay Thompson
12. Blake Griffin
13. Draymond Green
14. Paul George
15. Jimmy Butler
16. Kevin Love
17. James Harden
18. Damien Lillard
19. Andre Drummond
20. Dwayne Wade

Then you got guys like Kyle Lowry, Hassan Whiteside. I think Melo has fallen down.

1. Lebron
2. Steph Curry
3. Kevin Durant
4. Russell Westbrook
5. Anthony Davis
6. Kwahi Leonard
7. Chris Paul
8. DeMarcus Cousins
9. Marc Gasol
10. John Wall
11. Klay Thompson
12. Blake Griffin
13. Draymond Green
14. Paul George
15. Jimmy Butler
16. Kevin Love
17. James Harden
18. Damien Lillard
19. Andre Drummond
20. Dwayne Wade

Then you got guys like Kyle Lowry, Hassan Whiteside. I think Melo has fallen down.

I wish some would pick apart others games with as much gusto as they attempt to do with Melo's.

Wade is not better than Melo. Drummond can't even be on the floor at the end of close games, Lillard makes Melo look like Michael Cooper on defense, etc.

Bottom line is Melo averaged 22, 8, and 4(led his team in all 3 categories!) with zero help, and you can make a solid argument over anyone on that list(give or take) after the top 7 guys.

1. Lebron
2. Steph Curry
3. Kevin Durant
4. Russell Westbrook
5. Anthony Davis
6. Kwahi Leonard
7. Chris Paul
8. DeMarcus Cousins
9. Marc Gasol
10. John Wall
11. Klay Thompson
12. Blake Griffin
13. Draymond Green
14. Paul George
15. Jimmy Butler
16. Kevin Love
17. James Harden
18. Damien Lillard
19. Andre Drummond
20. Dwayne Wade

With a strong post-season run, I could see Kyrie on that list. I think Isaiah Thomas is knocking on the door, too.

First round has been pretty dull. Celtics-Hawks has been kinda fun the last few games. I'm hoping we get at least 1 or 2 epic series in the later rounds.
Cavs-Heat could be a fun matchup.

Tough to gauge just how good Cleveland is. Detroit is about 2-3 years away from becoming experienced enough to do anything. They played tough all series but couldn't come through in winning time.
Pistons are definitely a team to watch in the East. Nice trajectory. Plus, Stan Van Gundy's a $%&#in' wall.

LeBron's health shows why he is a super freak. It's amazing how many games he has played and never had a serious injury.

Pivoting, I want Portland to win the LAC series now. I think they'll give GSW a good run, especially if Steph is out for a bit. They can score with GSW and Dame is like a poor man's version of Steph.

Should be fun.
Lillard's so underrated. I still think it's crap he didn't make the all-star game.

Agree with you that Portland could challenge the Warriors and at least make it interesting. Young team, lots of guys really settled into comfortable roles, lots of confidence. Olshey really did a nice job playing Tetris with that roster.

I wish some would pick apart others games with as much gusto as they attempt to do with Melo's.

Wade is not better than Melo. Drummond can't even be on the floor at the end of close games, Lillard makes Melo look like Michael Cooper on defense, etc.

Bottom line is Melo averaged 22, 8, and 4(led his team in all 3 categories!) with zero help, and you can make a solid argument over anyone on that list(give or take) after the top 7 guys.
Yea, im putting Melo ahead of a bunch of those guys as well.

Also, Klay Thompson is overrated. Yea, I said it.

Yea, im putting Melo ahead of a bunch of those guys as well.

Also, Klay Thompson is overrated. Yea, I said it.

Klay Thompson is a very good 2nd banana. Put him on the Knicks instead of Melo, and is he putting up 22, 8, and 4? LOL, NOPE. He's probably putting up a similar line to now, but with much lower %'s. Good player, but yeah he's not better than Carmelo Anthony. C'mon.

2003 will leave a strong place in our mind for Carmelo. He is the best NBA player out of Syracuse since Bing. Better than Coleman or any other possible pick.

I get he hasn't had much help but the guy isn't a good defensive player and I don't think his offense is good enough now for him to be top 20 right now. I left some guys off out of respect to Melo like Al Horford, Paul Milsap, Greek Freak, Karl Anthony Towns, LaMarcus Aldridge, Wes Matthews.

Melo needs to get out of NY and win some games to rehab his standing. 2 prime years with teams at the bottom of the East is not good for Melo. He is Bernard King 2.0. He could win a scoring title at 35 but these Knicks teams are bad for him now.

I would say that Paul Millsap probably has to be above Melo. That dude can ball, and he can do it on both ends of the court. If Towns isn't better than Melo right now, he's probably no more than 8 months away from it. He's scary good.

I agree on Klay, he's a good player, but I don't think he's top 15 or anything. I am definitely not going through that list. Knew it would blew up the thread though.

I think the Warriors easily handle the Blazers.

Klay Thompson is a very good 2nd banana. Put him on the Knicks instead of Melo, and is he putting up 22, 8, and 4? LOL, NOPE. He's probably putting up a similar line to now, but with much lower %'s. Good player, but yeah he's not better than Carmelo Anthony. C'mon.
What are Melo's shooting %s?
Klay Thompson is the Warriors Scottie Pippen 2nd banana. He isn't as a tall but he is pretty good.

If you asked the 30 NBA GMs who would you pick right now between Carmelo and Klay you can only have one I think more would take Klay Thompson.

Pistons are definitely a team to watch in the East. Nice trajectory. Plus, Stan Van Gundy's a $%&#in' wall.
I think the Pistons would handle the Rockets in six games, Memphis in maybe five. Drummond's a stud, too bad he's the worst free throw shooter in the history of the NBA. Of course, if he could shoot free throws and not be such a liability that he can't stay on the court, the Cavs-Piston series might still be going on.

2003 will leave a strong place in our mind for Carmelo. He is the best NBA player out of Syracuse since Bing. Better than Coleman or any other possible pick.

I get he hasn't had much help but the guy isn't a good defensive player and I don't think his offense is good enough now for him to be top 20 right now. I left some guys off out of respect to Melo like Al Horford, Paul Milsap, Greek Freak, Karl Anthony Towns, LaMarcus Aldridge, Wes Matthews.

Melo needs to get out of NY and win some games to rehab his standing. 2 prime years with teams at the bottom of the East is not good for Melo. He is Bernard King 2.0. He could win a scoring title at 35 but these Knicks teams are bad for him now.

I guess that's part of my point...the team he's on shouldn't affect his standing when rating players individually.

Harden and Lillard might be the worst defenders at their respective positions, out of the starters. And I don't think guys like Green, Thompson, Love, etc. are better players...they are good players who play very specific roles alongside the best players on the planet. Meanwhile, Melo carries the load while Sasha friggin Vucavic toes it up from 3.

I really thought Wade was a curious choice though. Still a good player, but...what is he better than Melo at? And he's got a ton more help too. The Heat have probably 5 players that are better than the Knicks 2nd best player.

What are Melo's shooting %s?
Klay Thompson is the Warriors Scottie Pippen 2nd banana. He isn't as a tall but he is pretty good.

If you asked the 30 NBA GMs who would you pick right now between Carmelo and Klay you can only have one I think more would take Klay Thompson.

What would Melo's shooting %'s be if his only responsibility on offense was to spot up for open jumpers, while the best player on the planet and best shooter in basketball history handles the load?

Klay Thompson is good, but he's nowhere NEAR as good as Scottie Pippen was. Much better 3 point shooter. Pippen was much better at everything else though.

Wes Mathews?

I guess that's part of my point...the team he's on shouldn't affect his standing when rating players individually.

Harden and Lillard might be the worst defenders at their respective positions, out of the starters. And I don't think guys like Green, Thompson, Love, etc. are better players...they are good players who play very specific roles alongside the best players on the planet. Meanwhile, Melo carries the load while Sasha friggin Vucavic toes it up from 3.

I really thought Wade was a curious choice though. Still a good player, but...what is he better than Melo at? And he's got a ton more help too. The Heat have probably 5 players that are better than the Knicks 2nd best player.

Green is the one guy I would fight you on. He can do so much. Golden State can play the death lineup because he can play the 5, at least in spurts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom