NC State attendance | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

NC State attendance

There’s really not much the Athletic Department can do at this point, other than just give all the tickets away.

Anyone in the area and any out of town alumni who remotely care about football knows we’re 5-0 and knows we play NC State in 2 weeks. They’ll either go or they won’t go.

At the prices we sell them at, we are. It's 30 to 40 bucks to get in the building against a very good conference opponent (and we're good too).

Very much am looking forward to seatbacks in that building.

At the prices we sell them at, we are. It's 30 to 40 bucks to get in the building against a very good conference opponent (and we're good too).

Very much am looking forward to seatbacks in that building.

Yeah, the only barrier is people not wanting to go. They know the situation, they know it’s cheap. There’s really nothing else left at this point.

i get that is was Wagner, but there were zero people sitting in sections 313-315. Should be giving away two non resaleable tickets to local kids. The week of the NC ST game should be giving/donating tickets, to, say, local students in good academic standing, to fill the dome and create some good will to the community
I was in 317 and was free to do whatever I wanted - lots of leg room

At this point, my goal for this year is just to see the big gray sections in the 300's broken up by people. Fill the lower bowl, 80% fill the upper sidelines, and then maybe get those upper corners 50% full. That probably gets us 42K or so and looks much better

I think SU holds back sections of tickets because it allows them to hire fewer ushers, but its a terrible look.
do thry hire ushers. the ones i know work for free

I will say, unless I’m missing something - parking has gotten worse. I used to be a “grab a spot in one of those tiny lots for $10 and walk a few extra blocks” guy, but they seem to all be gone now.

Yep me to. I went to the Louisville game and the parking garage was $25. I don’t mind that and I don’t mind the walk, but for casuals (ones I talk to) it just seems like more hassle than it’s worth for them. And me personally, I’m not doing the shuttle. No thanks.

I was in 317 and was free to do whatever I wanted - lots of leg room
half of 317-321 are blocked off and held by the dome/TM/whatever. Its god damn stupidity. Those are some of the best easily sold tickets in the venue. Id buy 10 right now and give them to friends/fam. Its always empty

Yep me to. I went to the Louisville game and the parking garage was $25. I don’t mind that and I don’t mind the walk, but for casuals (ones I talk to) it just seems like more hassle than it’s worth for them. And me personally, I’m not doing the shuttle. No thanks.
Yeah, something about garages I hate…..maybe it was that Seinfeld episode where they couldn’t find their car.

I’m also not interested in a shuttle.

My mentality was always - get there early, grab the first lot I see because I know it will have spots this early and I don’t want to hassle, and I don’t mind walking further….and that it’s cheaper is a nice bonus.

I’m kind of out of options in that regard, I guess, so garage it is.

I still hear gripes about parking and what pain it is to go to games.
The walk from Crouse garage up the hill is too much apparently for many in the area?

They need to make another garage or lot available up on the hill - but they don't have the space.

The walk from Crouse garage up the hill is too much apparently for many in the area?

They need to make another garage or lot available up on the hill - but they don't have the space.

Tout the benefits of walking and getting some exercise to these people?

Who hell complains about walking? Lol.

Agreed that another sizable lot or garage would be nice. Feels about cramped and congested up there these days - I used to always be able to just find a lot or spot on the street by the park. Not anymore.

The space at the corner or Euclid and Comstock - open field - what is that used for currently?

i get that is was Wagner, but there were zero people sitting in sections 313-315. Should be giving away two non resaleable tickets to local kids. The week of the NC ST game should be giving/donating tickets, to, say, local students in good academic standing, to fill the dome and create some good will to the community

I support this 100%.

It’s also a good way to build a fan base for the future.

Make sure to have “the buffet” ready - those kids won’t give a hoot about the actual game. Kids sports knowledge is based off video games - they don’t watch sports.

the team should sell itself at this point. Not sure what else there is to say.

It goes beyond just the product. Really hope we get individual seats in for next year and can stop this nonsense every game.
This is what happens when you play a generation of crap football. You can’t turn an aircraft carrier on a dime. They started to turn it around at the end of 2018 beginning of 2019 and subsequently fell on their face. I’m just going to enjoy watching us win. If they can keep it up eventually attendance will pick up.

This is what happens when you play a generation of crap football. You can’t turn an aircraft carrier on a dime. They started to turn it around at the end of 2018 beginning of 2019 and subsequently fell on their face. I’m just going to enjoy watching us win. If they can keep it up eventually attendance will pick up.
No doubt, there is a one season lag in attendance when you go from being crappy forever to having a big season, season ticket sales are crucial for that. With that being said I hope people show up, it helps the team out

I think “Get a Life” still resonates with the casuals.
Also leading up to Wagner, I had multiple (coach P would be proud) conversations with people about how it’s an automatic win and how great it will be to be 5-0 and every single time I got “well they “SHOULD” win…but this is Syracuse.” I was like do you know how bad Wagner is, and of course they had no clue and still were like “ I don’t know”. It was so frustrating but it’s our reality. Years of winning is the only thing that will turn it around, lnot just one 10-3 year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom