NCAA 1st Round Games for March 17 | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

NCAA 1st Round Games for March 17

Gilyard has played 40 minutes in 7 straight games? Hmmm…

the game changed on the blown 3 pt foul on Richmond. They call the obvious foul, Iowa likely wins.

So Gonzaga in a huge battle with Georgia State. Has been outrebounded in the 1st half and has missed ten free throws. See how they respond in the 2nd half.

So Gonzaga in a huge battle with Georgia State. Has been outrebounded in the 1st half and has missed ten free throws. See how they respond in the 2nd half.
The Zags have to go inside. Guards are doing too much. Too much pick and roll and not enough of their bigs posting up.

In this case, I’d say so. Richmond wasn’t close to being in the tournament - only got in because they went on a miracle run through their conference tournament. Iowa was a trendy final 4 pick.
Iowa should be No. 2 or No. 3 seed. Then it would not be upset on the first round. NCAA set them up to lose. I know Richmond will upset Iowa.

Iowa’s brand of Daddyball bombed out. The missed call on the 3 was brutal, but that squad was not gonna come up with clutch stops.

In a game where his team was desperate for O, Boise State coach Leon Rice played his son 23 minutes off the bench. His son shot 31% from the field this year.

In this case, I’d say so. Richmond wasn’t close to being in the tournament - only got in because they went on a miracle run through their conference tournament. Iowa was a trendy final 4 pick.

Richmond was a 10.5 point dog.
As a comparison Vermont is a 5 point dog against Arkansas, and South Dakota was only a 2 point dog against Providence. UConn is a 6.5 point favourite against NMSt.

So it was a bigger upset than the traditional 5-12 upset and certainly bigger than the other 5-12 games.

Iowa should be No. 2 or No. 3 seed. Then it would not be upset on the first round. NCAA set them up to lose. I know Richmond will upset Iowa.

If you knew Richmond would upset Iowa why would you think they deserve a 2 seed?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom