NCAA 1st Round Games for March 17 | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

NCAA 1st Round Games for March 17

If you knew Richmond would upset Iowa why would you think they deserve a 2 seed?
Iowa is B1G tournament champion. But because the champion game is late on Sunday, the seeding cannot reflect it. Fourth seed is too low for Iowa.

My wife did a bracket for the first time ever and has minimal CBB knowledge. I watch like every fricken game and of course her bracket is in better shape than mine.

Iowa is B1G tournament champion. But because the champion game is late on Sunday, the seeding cannot reflect it. Fourth seed is too low for Iowa.

I have a pretty good understanding of how seeding works......
They deserved to be a 4 seed. Not a 2 or 3 seed.

Beating Purdue does not jump a team three seed lines.

You know what is going to happen right? Zags go down before the sweet 16, the entire bracket blows up to give UConn a run to the final four, other brackets too and they play two double digit seeds to win number 5. Would be the ultimate salt on our current wounds.

Frank Martin and Rex Chapman aren't an effective counter to Seth. This crew sucks.
Terrible. Truly, not good. They did not even comment on that missed foul either. If you are showing the highlight, how do you not comment on it?

You know what is going to happen right? Zags go down before the sweet 16, the entire bracket blows up to give UConn a run to the final four, other brackets too and they play two double digit seeds to win number 5. Would be the ultimate salt on our current wounds.
Just handed out maybe my first ever dislike.

Just handed out maybe my first ever dislike.

Oh i am disliking my own post. Just feels like when things aren't good it's really not good for us. And by making sure I said it hoping it ensures it doesn't happen.

On the Canadian coverage we get the network announcers, but not the halftime or post game studio analysis. Instead We get the Raptors broadcasters that do the Studio Analysis. They are not great analysts but I like Jack Armstrong so it is fine. Looks like I am not missing much.

Fran looked like he was coaching scared . Watched him on the sideline and he looked strangely quiet and lost. It’s not easy getting to the Sweet Sixteen but Some coaches shrink in the moment.

Cuse!

I would like to find the post I made last week. But generally I said something like this which might make ACC teams more attrative as picks (at least relative to seed line)

Based on the policies and established metrics the NCAA, the tournament field will tend to be dominated in seed by a few teams each year, and there is often one conference like the B10 that gets a lot. And there is often one P5 conference that does not do as well as it normally does. And I can't say its unfair based on how they choose the teams.

However the whole structure is based on how a conference did before January. If a conference as a whole is stagnating after January 1 / or improving after January 1 is impossible to actually decipher since they only play each other. So what happens is the mega-seed conferences to struggle in round 1/round 2 on a per team basis compared to other conferences, as they may be overseeded compared to others... even if those seeds granted were fair. And this has been seen when the Big East had lots of team, the BIG recently, the ACC some time back.

Fran looked like he was coaching scared . Watched him on the sideline and he looked strangely quiet and lost. It’s not easy getting to the Sweet Sixteen but Some coaches shrink in the moment.

Cuse!
I thought the same thing. He didn't even react on the missed foul.

I was planning to go on a bike ride between 5:30 and 7:00 as there were no games that intrigued me and I assumed Gonzaga would be dusting Georgia St

So much for that.

Didn't realize Emani Bates had regressed to rarely playing this season. I knew he wasn't hitting expectations but wow.
He’s been out with an injury for a while but he played like crap before that anyways. Fortunately for him he can’t go to the NBA this year anyways so he gets another chance to prove himself next year. Bad numbers and laughable athleticism is not promising for an NBA prospect.

That region all around looks real weak. If Gonzaga does stumble, UConn absolutely could come out of it.

My wife did a bracket for the first time ever and has minimal CBB knowledge. I watch like every fricken game and of course her bracket is in better shape than mine.
Five or six games in and 1.5% have perfect brackets. (ESPN)

Just noticed that I had Iowa in the final 4, in the SyracuseFan bracket.
Forgot about that pick... and it was certainly forgettable after today!

That being said the bracket I am following a bit more is the one on Bet365, since it is paying out some bigger prizes. They offered a prize of $125,000 to the winner with a $0 entry.(and cash for the top 250). In that contest I went with Gonzaga, Tennesee, Purdue, and Kansas in the final 4, with Texas Tech, Arizona, UCLA, and Miami????, in the elite 8.

BAN!

He’s been out with an injury for a while but he played like crap before that anyways. Fortunately for him he can’t go to the NBA this year anyways so he gets another chance to prove himself next year. Bad numbers and laughable athleticism is not promising for an NBA prospect.

He also had historically laughable measurables. Short arms and Former President Sized Hands.

Post reported.
Please ban this man!
If you want to get ahead on NBA Draft scouting, DraftExpress mentioned that UConn’s Andre Jackson is on the draft radar this year!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom