NCAA Elite Eight Games for Sat March 30 | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

NCAA Elite Eight Games for Sat March 30

No team does. Look at these games. UConn is mauling everybody. They’ve won their last 9 tournament games by like an average of 15 or more!

I'd like to see Klingan vs. Edey. But could the rest of the Boilermakers compete with the rest of the Huskies?

Meanwhile the dream, (if you had one), of Quincy vs. Joe in the Final Four, has died... :(

They will need a new roster. I assume they’ll still be good, but their starting 5 is gone.
Newton, Spencer and Diarra are the only seniors they have, and I think the last two have COVID years available.

And NIL could keep the rest around

They didn’t look anything like this in Hurley’s first year. It has slowly revolved over time.
Hurley finally realized that he needed to focus on offense and analytics and couldn’t just rely on hard nosed defense and bought into Luke Murray’s schemes and ideas. This article, which someone else posted earlier this week, lays it all out. This should be our blueprint. We need to hire an offensive innovator as GMac’s replacement.

Last edited:
Newton, Spencer and Diarra are the only seniors they have, and I think the last two have COVID years available.

Clingan will go pro.

Bama or Clemson will be about 12 point dogs in the FF against UConn
With the luck UConn usually gets in their draws, it’s going to be Clemson then NC State. Not that it matters much.

They will need a new roster. I assume they’ll still be good, but their starting 5 is gone.

I think in this new era, you are going to see sudden relatively bad outlier years that will then reverse back quickly.

Its tough to continously get that right fit to stay elite,

With the luck UConn usually gets in their draws, it’s going to be Clemson then NC State. Not that it matters much.
Clemson is better than Bama, not that it means much IMO.

Some say its better to be eliminated via losing by 15-20 points and getting legitimately rocked instead of losing a nail biter where there were always be regrets over a few plays.

But losing a game with a 30-0 run I think might exceed pretty much anything in terms of humiliation.

Last edited:

Clingan and Castle aren’t turning down being drafted in the top 10 or possibly the top 5.

So will Castle.
Any other program, I’d agree. But UConn seems to have some level of luck that is incomprehensible to the human mind. They very well could get those dudes back with a big NIL push and the potential of the unheard of 3-peat.

That is a psychological collapse from Illinois. UConn is a machine but their defense isn’t that good.

Connecticut is obviously the better team but the Illini missed a lot of open shots and lay-ups.

I hope there was a fair quid-pro-quo for you wearing a Bama shirt. And no I don’t want to know the details… but I am sure OttoinGrotto has a question for you that I also would like the answer to.
I rightfully did not ask that question, as I didn't want to violate OttoinGrotto's trademark on said question.

16 wins in 2018
19 wins in 2019
15 wins in 2020 - tourney
23 wins in 2021 - tourney
31 wins in 2022 - national champ
35 wins so far in 2023
I hope Red is scheming out the blueprint to do this for Cuse. He’s already ahead in his first year.

Last edited:
Any other program, I’d agree. But UConn seems to have some level of luck that is incomprehensible to the human mind. They very well could get those dudes back with a big NIL push and the potential of the unheard of 3-peat.
I’m baffled how a program whose athletic department is struggling so much financially can do much when it comes to NIL.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom