NCAA Elite Eight Games for Sun March 31 | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

NCAA Elite Eight Games for Sun March 31

Nc state to the final four… what a joke. DJ Horne is everything Judah should’ve been. Don’t care the results, Keats is still an awful coach.
Yes, 5 straight wins in the ACCT, followed by 4 straight in the NCAA Tourney (including a 1-seed UNC and a 2-seed Marquette during that stretch, as well as 2 wins against Duke) -- just terrible! Curious, is he the worst in the country Cuse181?

NC State could have lost that game by 20 as well. Just insane how Duke could fold like that but those triangle teams suck vs NC State in general them and UNC are much better vs anyone else.

Hope they are the second game so I can root for them should Bama beat uconn. Fun story and it’s time to go to 96 teams bc Syracuse is in the dumpster and we are more likely than not to miss the dance.

I would be shocked if we don't see a UConn-Purdue final - no offense to Alabama or NC State. I would actually be intrigued to watch that final, something I haven't been able to say every year recently.

NC State lost 5 of their last 6 regular season games. This is nothing short of a sports miracle.

We beat them twice. Of course, they weren't playing like this then. the quesition is: could we have played like this?

Again...

The last time a defending national champion made it to the Elite 8, they won a second straight title.

The last, (and only other), time a team won 5 games in 5 days to win their conference tournament, they won the national title as well.

The last, (and only other), time a team lost as a #1 seed in the first round, they came back to win the national title he next year.

Alabama - whadda you got?

State is on a great roll. Congrats to them they earned it.
I don't know how we beat them twice. But they're a different team now.
Burns vs Edey is going to be fascinating. Burns is so quick and has such great footwork it's possible he scores inside and gets Edey in foul trouble. Looking forward to that game.

Lest we forget…
Middlebrooks is a portal transfer this season from Clemson. Clemson got grad transfer Jack Clark this season from NCSt. Wonder what both programs think of that exchange now or maybe both are happy?

Yes, 5 straight wins in the ACCT, followed by 4 straight in the NCAA Tourney (including a 1-seed UNC and a 2-seed Marquette during that stretch, as well as 2 wins against Duke) -- just terrible! Curious, is he the worst in the country Cuse181?
He has done less with more than almost anybody. This run is crazy impressive and completely illogical considering his history of failure, I won’t deny that. But it certainly doesn’t destroy the better part of a decade with the best showing he has had outside of this season being 2 first round losses. When he goes back to irrelevancy next season, i will revel in his extension that ensures Syracuse gets a couple free wins a year.

So here’s the real upside of having college kids able to earn money while playing. Edey and Clingan are both still in college.

I’m looking forward to watching Burns vs Edey, but Clingan - Edey feels like a Ewing - Sampson kind of matchup to us older fans.

Dominant big man dominating in college…not going straight to the nba. Gotta fix the portal thing, but I think on the whole, paying kids to keep them in college might be the best thing for the sport.

Here’s an interesting upside of UConn and Villanova for that matter, winning NCs. How does the P4 break away and hold a basketball tournament w/o those two schools?

So here’s the real upside of having college kids able to earn money while playing. Edey and Clingan are both still in college.
1711933832663.gif

He has done less with more than almost anybody. This run is crazy impressive and completely illogical considering his history of failure, I won’t deny that. But it certainly doesn’t destroy the better part of a decade with the best showing he has had outside of this season being 2 first round losses. When he goes back to irrelevancy next season, i will revel in his extension that ensures Syracuse gets a couple free wins a year.
Nah the less with more mantle is securely held by Leonard Hamilton. Not sure how he keeps his job.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom