NFL Thread | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah last night was fools gold. Eagles looked solid against the Colts but the Colts looked like utter trash.
That trade up for Wentz looks like year one will be a waste.
They are lucky they still have their first round pick next year and only gave up a 2nd round pick for next year.

No they gave up their 1st and 4th round picks to the Browns next year and their 2nd rounder in 2018. So essentially they bet the ranch on Wentz. If he's anything less than an elite QB then the trade was a disaster.

Last night the Colts had seven starters on defense not dress for the game.

No they gave up their 1st and 4th round picks to the Browns next year and their 2nd rounder in 2018. So essentially they bet the ranch on Wentz. If he's anything less than an elite QB then the trade was a disaster.

Last night the Colts had seven starters on defense not dress for the game.
To go from 8 to 2 your idiot GM gave up an additional 1st and 2nd rd pick.
Wow that trade is epically bad as Wentz isn't playing this year unless the team is awful. I can't believe Cleveland made that good a trade.
Eagles better win atleast 6-8 games so that pick is in the teens and not top 10.

I mean Chip is tanking this year for SF to get Deshaun Watson. Eagles better be right on Wentz.

To go from 8 to 2 your idiot GM gave up an additional 1st and 2nd rd pick.
Wow that trade is epically bad as Wentz isn't playing this year unless the team is awful. I can't believe Cleveland made that good a trade.
Eagles better win atleast 6-8 games so that pick is in the teens and not top 10.

I mean Chip is tanking this year for SF to get Deshaun Watson. Eagles better be right on Wentz.

Oh btw Wentz has a cracked rib. I know a lot of people are down on Bradford. I thought he played pretty well last year considering his OL and WRs and his newness to Kelly's offense. The Broncos (or somebody else with most of the pieces) should have picked him up.

I hated the trade from the jump. Only way it makes sense is if Wentz is a superstar. The Eagles are a very dysfunctional organization.

They tried to pass I watched the game on NFLN. Eli had a terrible pass on the pick that Revis made. The offense was awful I get its preseason but they looked bad.

Cowboys have a more talented roster than the Giants. If the QB play is close the Cowboys will win more games.
The redskins could be a 9-10 win team as well.

I think its cleats to say the NFC East will once again be a 1 playoff team division.
definitely have to agree with that.

jets were the better team. they might even claw their way into January. but to me, it was too much running and not enough Eli slinging it. on 3 3rd downs, the Giants ran the ball and when they did, it was too vanilla, they tried not to show anything. the force to Cruz on the INT was a bad throw, he couldn't step up and sling it, much lesser DBs wouldn't have been trailing like that either, nice play by Revis...but it was important to force 1 to Cruz like that.

getting dak and the pokes 1st, is a good thing. they will make Mr Early August wish it was still Early August.

Need fantasy football advice :). In a 12 team PPR league, 2 keepers-not tied to draft pick or anything, just keep your two best players. First keeper is Antonio Brown. Second was and still is Dez Bryant, but now reconsidering with Romo injury. Do I consider keeping Brandon Cooks or TY Hilton over Dez Bryant now? I don't think I do, but any rookie QB concerns me, regardless how he has looked this preseason. I think I stay put but would like other opinions.

Need fantasy football advice :). In a 12 team PPR league, 2 keepers-not tied to draft pick or anything, just keep your two best players. First keeper is Antonio Brown. Second was and still is Dez Bryant, but now reconsidering with Romo injury. Do I consider keeping Brandon Cooks or TY Hilton over Dez Bryant now? I don't think I do, but any rookie QB concerns me, regardless how he has looked this preseason. I think I stay put but would like other opinions.
Cooks is feast or famine and he gets hurt a lot. Hilton is a clear tier below Bryant.

I do think Bryant's value is less but he is best player of those 3. I do think Zeke Elliott and the Dallas OL are going to be leaned on heavily while Romo is out.

I guess I would lean Bryant over Hilton but I could see taking Hilton if you are scared of Prescott.

Alsacs said:
Cooks is feast or famine and he gets hurt a lot. Hilton is a clear tier below Bryant. I do think Bryant's value is less but he is best player of those 3. I do think Zeke Elliott and the Dallas OL are going to be leaned on heavily while Romo is out. I guess I would lean Bryant over Hilton but I could see taking Hilton if you are scared of Prescott.

Isn't Cooks now the #1 in New Orleans? But I'd still go with Bryant. I think Prescott is gonna be pretty good.

'
i would hang onto Bryant.

Isn't Cooks now the #1 in New Orleans? But I'd still go with Bryant. I think Prescott is gonna be pretty good.
Cooks is the number one there, but people keep praising Prescott. Dez is more talented for sure. I'm gonna stay put with Dez . Thanks for the responses-just wanted confirmation.

good problem to have.

if you get the Dez from 12-14, yeah its him, but coming off injury and with the rook QB?? tough call.

cooks and brees might light it up and TY as your 2nd WR is still a pretty strong position to be in.

Cooks is the NO #1 but he has consistency issues. He catches a lot of long TDs but he doesn't have enough other catches. He will score 20 points one week and then go 2 games with 5-6 points.
Also he has missed games. I would take Bryant as an injury risk over him. Hilton has stayed healthy but he doesn't have the upside of Bryant/Cooks.

If I was taking a NO guy I would want Willie Snead.

TY Hilton absolutely not. The only consideration would be Cooks. I'd lean towards keeping Bryant.

I think Dak Prescott is going to be really good, but expect the Cowboys to go run heavy, so take Cooks. I actually have Cooks in our league here.

Yes, Cooks is the number one it NOLA. Yes Brees likes to spread the wealth, but theres no more Colston/Lance Moore/Kenny Stills around.

I'm actually most bullish on Fleener. The Saints run more vertical routes than just about anyone and the tight end is always the biggest benefactor there when the receivers clear out the secondary. That's why Jimmy Graham was so successful

If you were drafting Teddy Bridgewater in a one QB league to begin with please join any pay league I'm in.
him being named to the ProBowl is the equivalent of a long man making the All Star Game.

flat out ridiculous.

If you were drafting Teddy Bridgewater in a one QB league to begin with please join any pay league I'm in.

He's a fine starting QB in my 20 team fantasy league lol (I think he was actually someone's backup this year though).

This seems like a sorry excuse for a story.

I won't argue with that, but still stuns me that Steve even brought up the possibility of being able to get that much for EJ.

I won't argue with that, but still stuns me that Steve even brought up the possibility of being able to get that much for EJ.

Likewise. Another guy on the radio yesterday was saying that Buffalo probably wouldn't trade him for less than a 3rd or 4th round pick. I can see that being the case just due to the fact that they have nobody else capable of backing Tyrod up. My guess is teams would only offer like a conditional 6th for him though.

Status
Not open for further replies.