No freshman | Syracusefan.com

No freshman

two3zone

RIP Shark58
Outside of Ennis this game. Matchup reasons or was it just too close of a game from the wire to get these guys in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gotta put your best and most reliable out there to get a W. I had no problem with it

I didn't have a problem with it either, just a little surprised they didn't see even a little time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe Silent G got a little run at the 3 tonight instead of Roberson.

I think it was a mistake personally. At least early in the game.

It's like we were playing a midseason conference game with a short bench. Except it was St. Francis from the Northeast Conference.

I've thought for awhile that we'll likely look back on this year and wish BJ had red shirted. He's young and physically not mature for D1 college competition at this time IMHO. Who knows - maybe he surprises and we see him play this year when it counts. But it's far more likely that he averages less than 5 minutes a game come conference play and does not see the floor at times like tonight. Of course, I respect the decision he and his family made as the decision was up to them. And I'll be rooting him on throughout his career. But I can just imagine what a 5th year BJ could do compared to what a frosh BJ is likely to get a chance to do.

Looks like these 8 are it for our rotation, no indication that it's going to change.

No doubt. This is our rotation. Period. Others will play in blowouts,

Too bad. This team could afford a few minutes of Roberson each night.

I liked the rotations. Playing too many players is tough and noone gets into a rhythm. A little less Keita though..

I think its very clear that in most games Patterson, Roberson will play very little and BJ Johnson will almost never play

I've thought for awhile that we'll likely look back on this year and wish BJ had red shirted. He's young and physically not mature for D1 college competition at this time IMHO. Who knows - maybe he surprises and we see him play this year when it counts. But it's far more likely that he averages less than 5 minutes a game come conference play and does not see the floor at times like tonight. Of course, I respect the decision he and his family made as the decision was up to them. And I'll be rooting him on throughout his career. But I can just imagine what a 5th year BJ could do compared to what a frosh BJ is likely to get a chance to do.

Agree 100%. Physically, BJ would defintely benefit from a redshirt year, to bring his physical maturity up to the level of his skill and athletic ability.

Problem is, we are already redshirting a player [Chino], and JB doesn't often redshirt. Let alone redshirt two prospects the same year.

You are going to beat this drum all year . I gotta feeling.

I'm not trying to beat any drum. JB tends to play a short rotation and this year he will too. I hope one of the freshmen makes an impact and earns some minutes. I hope it's either BJ and/ or Roberson. I love both guys but these last two games are clear indicators of our coach's rotation. It could change and I hope it does. I just don't think it will happen.

Last edited:
The frosh have had chances and they haven't played well and they're about 5 for 50 shooting. I have no problem withe rotation except I'd like to see Ennis get more rest.

I really don't see this as much of a surprise. This is how JB has operated for 30+ years.

With that said CJ, Grant, Roberson, and BJ are all very similar. There just isn't enough minutes to go around. CJ will rarely come out this year, and after Grant checks in during the second half he probably isn't coming out either.

With that said I am sure JB will try to get Roberson and BJ as many minutes as he can once the OOC schedules eases up a bit. Just right now we have a solid rotation.

Spot on, anomander. In some of the cupcake games, JB will play everyone.

I'll be REALLLL bummed if any of these freshman leave.

i really don't see why either of them would even consider this? All they have to do is look at Dion Waiters - NBA , Michael Carter-Williams - NBA, and Jerami Grant - Future pro. None of those guys played meaningful minutes other then Dion a bit. Next year we lose CJ, and most likely Jerami. They step right into their roles and play 25-30 minutes a game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom