OC Candidates | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

OC Candidates

If this guy is actually involved in anyway with their O, he ain't coming here for a similar job.

I think getting a HC who has never run a team is a risk. I think having a HC who has never run an O or a D is an even bigger risk. I think having that HC then hire an OC who has never run an O is an even bigger risk.

The let's fill our entire staff with recruits and then figure out the football stuff as we go along strategy doesn't seem like a good one.
Do you think Brown was hired without a credible plan to address the obvious weakness in his resume?

Do you think Brown was hired without a credible plan to address the obvious weakness in his resume?

Where did I say that?

If Brown is weak at X and he hires a guy who is also weak at X, how does that solve X? That is my point. You cannot hire a bunch of guys who are also recruiters and then ignore where you are weak. Many of the names being thrown around here are good recruiters with very little X&O experience. That doesn't fill in Brown's gaps, does it?

Do we need to have a FBS guy be our OC?

What if we look at the success teams in FCS have. then review what they run.

Some of the success is scheme and some of it is talent.

Play calling mesh matters
If he's the recruiter they think he is, they should spend oc resources on system

And it doesn't need to be northeast

There are a lot of boxes to fill though

It wasn't horrific. They're 10-2 and they score points.

#14 Scoring Offense
#60 Total Offense
#90 Passing Offense
#26 Rushing Offense

the guy adds a whole lot of recruiting cache. He's Penn State best recruiter imo.

I'm not saying go hire this guy. But he's a guy who checks a lot of boxes - and it's a promotion.

Until we get a QB and the OL coached up to pass block we've seen a our formula. Ground game with a calculated / complimentary passing game.

I want to take advantage of the turf and throw it all over the place to but we're just not built that way.
Hard pass on the #90 passing offense. been there, done that. My hope is our new recruiting success (hopeful) can net us an upgrade at OL and QB so we can at least start to look like a modern balanced offense with a passing game.

I like Mike Shanahan OC JMU. Sharp young guy who also has recruiting chops

Already mentioned…

Nunzio
Jeff Jagodzinski
Jeff Nixon

Jags career has really gone off the rails. He wouid he an odd choice. Don’t see any connection to Coach Brown.

There are a lot of boxes to fill though
You can the former HC mentor role at dc, st, ol

It doesn’t need to be some seasoned vet everywhere. I say go get a dynamic young with proven chops guy on offense and leave him alone, like Marrone did with Shafer.

He needs to find his Anselmo, probably already at least has in mind. Doesn’t need to be the OC

Already mentioned…

Nunzio
Jeff Jagodzinski
Jeff Nixon

Jags career has really gone off the rails. He wouid he an odd choice. Don’t see any connection to Coach Brown.

I like Nunzio alot and hope he stays but I feel a promotion to OC is a reach. Because that is the spot Coach Brown has the least amount of experience I would hope he would want someone who is more experienced and give the keys to them.

Nunzio I could see some kind of increase role... TE Coach/Run Game Coordinator or Pass Game Coordinator but outright OC seems like a big gamble for Coach Brown.

Few names

Brennan Marion
Joe Moorhead
Herb Hand
Darrell Dickey
Brandon Streeter
Tim Cramsey
Kevin Johns
Warren Ruggiero
Jeff Scott
Josh Gattis

Forum statistics