Onuaku out tomorrow? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Onuaku out tomorrow?

Let's stop making excuses based on Diagne. The NCAA was not responsible for his not coming here. He did not meat SU's requirements for admission. End of story.
I thought he was a 3.8 gpa kid that had 1 questionable class from like 9th grade in his native country. Was that all a bunch of crap?

I thought he was a 3.8 gpa kid that had 1 questionable class from like 9th grade in his native country. Was that all a bunch of crap?
Apparently yes it was a"bunch of crap. It appears that 3.8gpa there is not equal to a 3,8 here

I dont care if their entire team gets sick and they play with cheerleaders. A win is a win.
Hell yes! That's what I'm talking about!
3.jpg

Yes it was a bunch of crap.

Plus we beat them last year post self banning and they were better last year.

We didn't have our HOF coach for 9 games. It seems like those losses are being taken into account.
Guys, my tongue was mostly planted in my cheek in my post. But there are two separate categories: NCAA tourney games, and games that help a team get into a tourney. In the former category, it doesn't matter who is playing and who's not. It's just win, baby, win! (To this day, the losses of Onuaku and Fab Melo stick deeply in my craw, because we could have won national championships with them. I know almost every SU fan feels these losses deeply. So, if other teams suffer that trauma during the tourney, I feel compassion for them, but if we're playing them, I don't care! I just want to beat them.)

This has been such a crazy college basketball season, with underdogs beating overdogs almost every night, that the quality of a win may be more important than otherwise. So, Jefferson was out. Does that mean our win over Duke was less than glorious? NO, say I, but what say the selection committee? Lville is trending down. Is that taken into account when we win or lose there? (And you just know, deep in your heart, that one of those two things will happen!) Yes, I know we have the RPI and other statistics that help the committee make decisions about who is Worthy. But for me it's also fun to just speculate on perception and how that affects polls, committees, and fans.

Remember, I'm a psychotherapist. And I can't keep up with you stat guys. And I also like to have fun.

I stopped reading at "tongue in cheek" ;)

Guys, my tongue was mostly planted in my cheek in my post. But there are two separate categories: NCAA tourney games, and games that help a team get into a tourney. In the former category, it doesn't matter who is playing and who's not. It's just win, baby, win! (To this day, the losses of Onuaku and Fab Melo stick deeply in my craw, because we could have won national championships with them. I know almost every SU fan feels these losses deeply. So, if other teams suffer that trauma during the tourney, I feel compassion for them, but if we're playing them, I don't care! I just want to beat them.)

This has been such a crazy college basketball season, with underdogs beating overdogs almost every night, that the quality of a win may be more important than otherwise. So, Jefferson was out. Does that mean our win over Duke was less than glorious? NO, say I, but what say the selection committee? Lville is trending down. Is that taken into account when we win or lose there? (And you just know, deep in your heart, that one of those two things will happen!) Yes, I know we have the RPI and other statistics that help the committee make decisions about who is Worthy. But for me it's also fun to just speculate on perception and how that affects polls, committees, and fans.

Remember, I'm a psychotherapist. And I can't keep up with you stat guys. And I also like to have fun.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom