OT Bob Knight on Indiana admins who fired him: "I hope they're all dead" | Syracusefan.com

OT Bob Knight on Indiana admins who fired him: "I hope they're all dead"

Status
Not open for further replies.
He said this 15 years ago. So color me shocked what he said to Dan Patrick.

Love Bob Knight.

tough comment, but obviously...he feels he was wronged.

Eh, he's just being honest. It's not like he said a major college basketball tournament should be played in big cities. Seriously, what's wrong with Jim Boeheim?!

What about this changes what JB said? Why can't they both be ugly statements?
Suggesting this excuses JB, because of 'perspective' is like saying we can't talk about a single hate crime because... nazis.

What about this changes what JB said? Why can't they both be ugly statements?
Suggesting this excuses JB, because of 'perspective' is like saying we can't talk about a single hate crime because... nazis.
Because the one guy said a college basketball tournament should be played in big cities for financial benefit and the other guy said he hopes specific human beings are dead.

Let me know if you need further explanation.

Hell of a coach yet...absolute failure at Texas Tech.

Hmmmm

Not a fan of Bobby Knight but absolute failure at Tech? He had 5 20 win seasons and 4 NCAA appearances coming off 4 losing seasons by the previous coach. Pat was an absolute failure there - but not Bob.

He said this 15 years ago. So color me shocked what he said to Dan Patrick.

That whole thing ticked me off, it was typical Knight, Senior Day is supposed to be about the kids and their families, but of course Coach self centered jackass made it about himself. Like always. He could give a crap about the kids, he cares about Bob Knight and Bob Knight only. As far as this latest statement, no shock, classless statement from a classless man.

LOL. I saw this. Seriously though I think the guy is losing it up top.
Knight's definitely an a-hole. He's also definitely suffering from dementia. I ran into him last year at Spanish Bay. He was wandering around the place by himself looking very lost and confused. My bro and I walked up to him to say hi and pay our respects. He was friendly but very confused when we told him we were 'Cuse fans and joked about the '87 title game. He had know idea what we were talking about. It was a really sad encounter.

Last edited:
Knight's definitely an a-hole. He's also definitely suffering from dementia. I ran into him last year at Spanish Bay. He was wandering around the place by himself looking very lost and confused. My bro and I walked up to him to say hi and pay our respects. He was friendly but very confused when we joked about the '87 title game. He had know idea what we're talking about. It was a really sad encounter.

If he can't remember it, it doesn't count, another national title for us.

Hell of a coach yet...absolute failure at Texas Tech.

Hmmmm
Bob Knight - Wikipedia

Knight quickly improved the program, which had not been to an NCAA tournament since 1996. He led the team to postseason appearances in each of his first four years at the school (three NCAA Championship tournaments and one NIT). After a rough 2006 season, the team improved in 2007, finishing 21–13 and again making it to the NCAA Championship tournament, where it lost to Boston College in the first round. The best performance by the Red Raiders under Knight came in 2005 when they advanced as far as the Sweet Sixteen. In both 2006 and 2007 under Knight, Texas Tech defeated two Top 10-ranked teams in consecutive weeks. During Knight's first six years at Texas Tech, the Red Raiders won 126 games, an average of 21 wins per season.

Because the one guy said a college basketball tournament should be played in big cities for financial benefit and the other guy said he hopes specific human beings are dead.

Let me know if you need further explanation.

As i said previously on this topic (other thread?)—it's fine that JB advocated for playing in 'big cities.' Perfectly fine. Makes sense. The ugly/stupid part was when he insulted a city in order to make that argument. If you need to get personal with my comments, you might want to recognize all of what JB said/did, and not just cherrypick the unspoiled fruit.

Knight's definitely an a-hole. He's also definitely suffering from dementia. I ran into him last year at Spanish Bay. He was wandering around the place by himself looking very lost and confused. My bro and I walked up to him to say hi and pay our respects. He was friendly but very confused when we told him we were 'Cuse fans and joked about the '87 title game. He had know idea what we were talking about. It was a really sad encounter.

That's not the way Alzheimer's works. You can't find your way back to your hotel room, but you can remember things from 30 years ago fine.

Thanks doc. I guess it's not Alzheimer's then. Can't pass up an opportunity to show you know it all, can you? Great work.
That's not the way Alzheimer's works. You can't find your way back to your hotel room, but you can remember things from 30 years ago fine.

Alzheimer's can indeed affect long-term memory. Also, the poster referred to the general term 'dementia', not the specific disease Alzheimer's.

Status
Not open for further replies.