OT: Eli has a "Syracuse" audible | Syracusefan.com

OT: Eli has a "Syracuse" audible

Just heard Eli in the game tonight vs Dallas call an audible and it's "Syracuse Right"
It was for an Etta Tawo outside screen play.

My guess is it has something to do with Pugh. Or could be a mini tribute to Coughlin who alot of those players loved. Probably a combination of both.

QB's typically have input on calls, don't forget Nassib.

Giants really miss Pugh on that offensive line and of course St Pierre on defense.

If you're a fan of the Giants, you have to love what Spags has done with the D. They've really been ROCK solid for the vast majority of the season.

The offenses regression has been astounding though. I attribute a lot of it to the OL play, but, holy bejeezus.

Eli is in a league of his own when it comes to turnovers over the last 10 years.NOT EVEN CLOSE

Is that the one where he gets blindsided because our current LT is a friggin turnstile? :mad:

Turnstyles actually slow people down. Think youre giving the LT too much credit w that analogy

Eli is in a league of his own when it comes to turnovers over the last 10 years.NOT EVEN CLOSE

One factor to that is that he's been out there for every play the last ten years. Other possible contenders get hurt or lose their jobs. For Eli's faults, obviously he's never been in danger of losing his job and luckily he has stayed healthy.

If you're a fan of the Giants, you have to love what Spags has done with the D. They've really been ROCK solid for the vast majority of the season.

The offenses regression has been astounding though. I attribute a lot of it to the OL play, but, holy bejeezus.

I don't see a big difference in scheme from last year. But hey when you spend money on smart pieces - guys look like geniuses lol

I don't see a big difference in scheme from last year. But hey when you spend money on smart pieces - guys look like geniuses lol
Big free-agency acquisitions seldom pan out. You still have to coach those guys into your system and get them to buy in. From the league's worst defense to probably top-10 caliber is a monumental leap in the NFL.

Reese will get a pass because he gambled big and hit. Yes, he threw money at a problem, but, his woeful drafting results necessitated the need to dump huge piles of money into free agency.

Spags has bailed his @$$ out and made Mcadoo look infinitely better in the process. In year three of his offense, they've regressed almost as much as the D has progressed.

Big free-agency acquisitions seldom pan out. You still have to coach those guys into your system and get them to buy in. From the league's worst defense to probably top-10 caliber is a monumental leap in the NFL.

Reese will get a pass because he gambled big and hit. Yes, he threw money at a problem, but, his woeful drafting results necessitated the need to dump huge piles of money into free agency.

I know what you're saying but I personally think Spagnuolo is an average coach.

I know what you're saying but I personally think Spagnuolo is an average coach.
And that's what makes you a below average poster.

Giants tend to have a lot of ties to Syracuse. Joe Morris, Tom Coughlin, David Tyree, Pat Woodcock, Jay Bromley, Will Allen, Ryan Nassib, Justin Pugh, Keith Bulluck, just off the top of my head.

And that's what makes you a below average poster.

I'm just simply saying (which can apply to a ton of coaches in the NFL) that he isn't above average without above average talent. But good coaches find a way. Last year the giants had some pieces on defense and they were bad. This year - they get Jenkins, Snacks, & OV to pair with Landon Collins playing out of his mind (who STUNK last year) and it's a different story. I love Spags but I think this seasons success is Jerry Reese actually spending money and helping the guy get better pieces.

Fair enough, as a HC I tend to agree. As a DC, top flight IMO.

But what is the difference between this year and last year? It's the exact same scheme - he was just given better pieces. Nevertheless - I hope they just keep this up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom