OT: Eli has a "Syracuse" audible | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

OT: Eli has a "Syracuse" audible

But what is the difference between this year and last year? It's the exact same scheme - he was just given better pieces. Nevertheless - I hope they just keep this up.
You're disregarding so many variables, it's just not that simplistic. Better pieces, absolutely a factor. But to say that any coach can just buy success within his scheme via free agency has been proven false 10x more than true. If that were the only fix, the Redskins would have 19 Super Bowls.

But I'm with you, certainly hope they keep it up.

You're disregarding so many variables, it's just not that simplistic. Better pieces, absolutely a factor. But to say that any coach can just buy success within his scheme via free agency has been proven false 10x more than true. If that were the only fix, the Redskins would have 19 Super Bowls.

But I'm with you, certainly hope they keep it up.

You're right - there are plenty of factors and we won't agree which is fine! It's what it's all about. You say he's great, I say he's middle of the road. It's how it goes. We both would most likely agree that Nick Saban is one of the best coaches in college football - but I think we'd also agree he would STINK at Rutgers lol (at least in year one). Coaching has a lot to do with what you know but it's also a lot about what you have. For Spags I am happy he has better talent than he had in '15.

Go giants!

Previous Tweet Next Tweet
Peyton Manning Fans‏@PeytonManningFC 2h2 hours ago
Giants QB Eli Manning calls 'Syracuse' audible en route to 10-7 win over Cowboys http://dlvr.it/MsZSjt pic.twitter.com/BI1M9XZTt4

Cze_d1EVIAAibDV.jpg

6:58 AM - 12 Dec 2016

It must be a college thing based on players on the team. I also noticed last night he audibled with another college name - but I'll be darned if I can remember now what it was. :oops:

Oregon. Not sure if there were others.

It must be a college thing based on players on the team. I also noticed last night he audibled with another college name - but I'll be darned if I can remember now what it was. :oops:
Iowa

It could the that Syracuse meant, Simple or Slamt or Straight in regards to the pattern or blocking, just like how Omaha (Eli created it, Peyton made it famous) meant On My next word.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom