OT: Mixon video. Wow... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

OT: Mixon video. Wow...

ok, so no comment about how she instigated it and hit him twice before he hit her once?

don't act like she was just sitting there and got punched in the face for existing. hitting anyone is wrong. just because you hit weak doesnt make it any less of a crime.

is this a defense of this guy mixon? i dont know. call it what you will. I'd like to think of it more as a warning to dumb asses who think their actions won't have consequences.
I was taught...you don't hit women. If he shoved her away...that is one thing...but come on he is probably 4 times stronger than her and had 80 lbs on her.

it looks like her head hit that table awfully hard after he struck her. sick.

That's probably the reason that she got a broken jaw ("mandibular fracture") - this looks worse to me than the video of the guy FSU dismissed. In this case it looks like "words were exchanged" first, then she pushes him, he "makes a face" at her, then she goes to grab him by the throat/slap him, and then he unloads on her. In the other case, the guy brushes by the girl at the bar and the girl seems a bit more aggressive. It is always a good idea to walk away from a bad situation as you never know what can happen (and really don't know anything about the aggressiveness of the other party or whether they have weapons*) but in both cases the girls were quite confrontational and aggressive rather than turning away and leaving the scene. Of course you can add that this true also for the male - don't allow yourself to be placed in such a situation where you can act unconsciously.

*I once dated a social worker in the 1980s who carried a snub nose 38 revolver in her purse for her personal protection.

Last edited:
A misdemeanor you say.
Yeah, considering the disparity in size and strength, a good argument could be made for a charge of felony assault.

Yeah, considering the disparity in size and strength, a good argument could be made for a charge of felony assault.
That's a pretty slippery slope if we're charging people with felony assault after the other party instigated the altercation..

I'm 6'3 - 210 and work out. I'll never hit a woman but if we're going off size disparities, does that mean that I need to let a smaller man shove and swing on me for fear I may hurt him if I retaliate?

Again, since people (not you) can't seem to seperate this isn't a non black/white issue, I'll leave the caveat that Mixon absolutely used excessive force. That shouldn't be up for discussion, but what also shouldn't be up for discussion is that Mixon isn't the only guilty party in this altercation.

That's a pretty slippery slope if we're charging people with felony assault after the other party instigated the altercation..

I'm 6'3 - 210 and work out. I'll never hit a woman but if we're going off size disparities, does that mean that I need to let a smaller man shove and swing on me for fear I may hurt him if I retaliate?

Again, since people (not you) can't seem to seperate this isn't a non black/white issue, I'll leave the caveat that Mixon absolutely used excessive force. That shouldn't be up for discussion, but what also shouldn't be up for discussion is that Mixon isn't the only guilty party in this altercation.
Plenty of case law actually supports this.

Plenty of case law actually supports this.
That's frightening if true. (IMO).

People are far too angry and confrontational these days. Men and women. These types of incidents are becoming more and more frequent unfortunately.

Do we know for sure that was a woman he hit? #genderprofiling #triggered

I wonder what bathroom they both used that night

All jokes aside (probably not), yes that was absolutely excessive. What if the woman was Joanie Laurer/Chyna (RIP) and the guy was some 175lb Asian kid?

All in all, yes that punch was way over the top. He was also suspended the entire year... Imagine if this came out but he wasn't suspended??

I was taught...you don't hit women. If he shoved her away...that is one thing...but come on he is probably 4 times stronger than her and had 80 lbs on her.

I am "of the same generation" but also of that time we used to talk about a big hit "undressing a player", "ringing his bell", etc. Still football players even today are taught to be aggressive and macho and it is easy to see that can carryover into life off the field.

I am "of the same generation" but also of that time we used to talk about a big hit "undressing a player", "ringing his bell", etc. Still football players even today are taught to be aggressive and macho and it is easy to see that can carryover into life off the field.
It's understandable, but it really is about self discipline/self control.

1 - I can't believe that Stoops saw this and kept him on the team. Being a 5* has its perks.
2 - I can't believe that after seeing this video the offensive coordinator said Joe Mixon will be a captain one day because he is a great young man.

Stoops has a history of this though.

1 - I can't believe that Stoops saw this and kept him on the team. Being a 5* has its perks.
2 - I can't believe that after seeing this video the offensive coordinator said Joe Mixon will be a captain one day because he is a great young man.

Stoops has a history of this though.

I don't have any issue with it if they the kid was otherwise clear of incidents in his life. No clue if that's the case though...

From what I've read she has said he was shot-down hitting on her or something, and then Mixon was saying derogatory stuff about the leggings kid or her other friend's sexuality...He says she was saying a whole bunch of racist stuff.

If she was, and you believe him, and she went all-in for a fight, Mixon still messed up big time, but I don't know that I would kick him out of school if it's his FIRST incident. If the leggings kid hit her, and she knocked him out, we'd all laugh at the GIF. Hopefully everyone is better off for it...although I doubt it. A year suspension seems about right.

Hate these cases though - her story is just as likely as his to be true.

I don't have any issue with it if they the kid was otherwise clear of incidents in his life. No clue if that's the case though...

From what I've read she has said he was shot-down hitting on her or something, and then Mixon was saying derogatory stuff about the leggings kid or her other friend's s e xuality...He says she was saying a whole bunch of racist stuff.

If she was, and you believe him, and she went all-in for a fight, Mixon still messed up big time, but I don't know that I would kick him out of school if it's his FIRST incident. If the leggings kid hit her, and she knocked him out, we'd all laugh at the GIF. Hopefully everyone is better off for it...although I doubt it. A year suspension seems about right.

Hate these cases though - her story is just as likely as his to be true.
He followed her into that establishment looking to dial things up. If he had just stayed in his lane and gone elsewhere he wouldn't have put himself in that situation.

ok, so no comment about how she instigated it and hit him twice before he hit her once?

don't act like she was just sitting there and got punched in the face for existing. hitting anyone is wrong. just because you hit weak doesnt make it any less of a crime.

is this a defense of this guy mixon? i dont know. call it what you will. I'd like to think of it more as a warning to dumb asses who think their actions won't have consequences.
MUST WATCH
There is NO "reason" to hit a woman...Right? - YouTube

I can't believe I actually read comments defending Mixon

I can't believe I actually read comments defending Mixon
I don't think too many people are defending Mixon rather than pointing out that two people are to blame.

The woman for instigating and initiating physical violence and Mixon for his ridiculous overreaction in that viciously unnecessary punch.

He should've restrained her, pushed her off him and walked away. If she continued, keep repeating that until she stops.

I don't think too many people are defending Mixon rather than pointing out that two people are to blame.

The woman for instigating and initiating physical violence and Mixon for his ridiculous overreaction in that viciously unnecessary punch.

He should've restrained her, pushed her off him and walked away. If she continued, keep repeating that until she stops.

In no circumstance should he have ever punched her. I don't care what she says or does. To say she instigated is silly. Who cares what she said or did? Walk away.

Also - kick him off the team... are you kidding me Bob Stoops?

He shouldn't have followed her into the establishment. He was looking looking for a fight.

I agree with you. He never should have hit her. There's no excuse or defense for that. But, it did appear as though he was about to walk away just before she put her hands (hit?) on him. I'm inclined to blame him more for not being able to extract himself from the situation, and for hitting a woman -- again, never an excuse for that -- but she does seem to be to blame as well.

In no circumstance should he have ever punched her. I don't care what she says or does. To say she instigated is silly. Who cares what she said or did? Walk away.

Also - kick him off the team... are you kidding me Bob Stoops?
Uh... Ok?

Have no clue how to even respond to the bolded part.

Doesn't excuse what he did but it seems you think she is completely blameless which blows my mind considering what's on tape.

Uh... Ok?

Have no clue how to even respond to the bolded part.

Doesn't excuse what he did but it seems you think she is completely blameless which blows my mind considering what's on tape.

He broke a woman's face. What happened to him? My point in instigation is that what does it really matter? Imagine if he got asked about his role and he came out and said "Hey she hit me first" ... He broke 4 bones in her face. Her jaw was wired shut for months. Simply walk away. Walk away. 1000 times you walk away. Put your hands on a woman and you are ALWAYS in the wrong.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom