OT: Mixon video. Wow... | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

OT: Mixon video. Wow...

He followed her into that establishment looking to dial things up. If he had just stayed in his lane and gone elsewhere he wouldn't have put himself in that situation.

Not to take his side, because I can't imagine a situation where I would feel the need to hit a woman. However, when looking at the video, there's a point where she said something and it looks like he was about to walk away and then her actions brought him back. With that said, the violence of that hit was just unacceptable. He hit her like someone who has done it before, similar to the Ray Rice video, no shock, no empathy, just leaves.

So in your mind, his life should just end because of one mistake that happened at 230am when he reacted terribly to a person (a woman) that initiated a physical confrontation with him. I just believe that its all garbage and the bottom line is don't touch anyone else and if you choose to do so then you better be prepared for the consequences whether you are a man or woman. See this crap constantly where women think they have immunity to just be as physically violent as they wish to be with each other and with men without considering any type of consequence. We obviously have to be held to a higher standard as we can inflict 100x the damage in 1 second but my god, people need to be held accountable to some extent for their actions and barring the horror that occurred in this instance, this woman would not have received any punishment for her actions and would not be any less likely to physically go after another individual the next time she wished.

Some people just have a different mindset and that's fine but I can differentiate right from wrong and understand that consequences come from my actions. If I choose to go after someone physically then I need to accept what occurs thereafter.

Yes. Because he's a moron with very little impulse control. A potential Aaron Hernandez, if you will.

Yes. Because he's a moron with very little impulse control. A potential Aaron Hernandez, if you will.
What do you believe should happen to him on top of what already has?

I get it if you want him kicked out of school but it seems you want this dude homeless or behind bars for the rest of his life for one mistake.

What do you believe should happen to him on top of what already has?

I get it if you want him kicked out of school but it seems you want this dude homeless or behind bars for the rest of his life for one mistake.
One mistake...

Is it a "mistake", then, when it's your daughter?

Should've been charged with felonious assault.

One mistake...

Is it a mistake when it's your daughter?

You continue to act like this woman did nothing wrong and Mixon just went Super Saiyan with the haymaker out of left field. ...and even if he did, and it was my daughter, I'd be pissed but I also believe in this thing called forgiveness and that people can change. I don't want anyone's life destroyed because of one mistake (rape/murder aside).

You continue to act like this woman did nothing wrong and Mixon just went Super Saiyan with the haymaker out of left field. ...and even if he did, and it was my daughter, I'd be pissed but I also believe in this thing called forgiveness and that people can change. I don't want anyone's life destroyed because of one mistake (rape/murder aside).

Felonious assault. Unless that woman was doing something to threaten him with immediate bodily harm (e.g. gun, knife).

One mistake...

I think it was clearly a mistake and also believe that it would not occur again today given the rehabilitation part of the punishment. That is the point of punishments in this country. I choose to not live in a country where people are executed and stoned to death for single mistakes, specifically ones that occur at 230am as a teenager that did not result in the death of another.

Of course if it's your daughter you would want to destroy this person, but how about if its your son? If he has a Delone Carter type of error in judgment after a night of drinking, should his life & dreams end at that very moment?

I think it was clearly a mistake and also believe that it would not occur again today given the rehabilitation part of the punishment. That is the point of punishments in this country. I choose to not live in a country where people are executed and stoned to death for single mistakes, specifically ones that occur at 230am as a teenager that did not result in the death of another.

Of course if it's your daughter you would want to destroy this person, but how about if its your son? If he has a Delone Carter type of error in judgment after a night of drinking, should his life & dreams end at that very moment?

Yep. They should. And we've already had that talk.

One mistake...

Yep, and just because the law has already dealt with him, in it's usual half assed way, it doesn't mean there can't be further consequence. Punching a girl out isn't a mistake, it's a violent crime. The fact that he can play football doesn't change that fact. Bear, I guess the fact that we have daughters makes us look at it differently than some, I don't know.

Denying a kid a free ride to college doesn't end his life.

Yep. They should. And we've already had that talk.

Well then I guess there is no point of continuing this dialogue. Our mindsets are completely different as I can certainly assume our political views would've been as well. Maybe the world would be a lot safer place if there was a 1 strike and you're out policy but that would be a really boring, horrible place to be.

Yep, and just because the law has already dealt with him, in it's usual half assed way, it doesn't mean there can't be further consequence. Punching a girl out isn't a mistake, it's a violent crime. The fact that he can play football doesn't change that fact. Bear, I guess the fact that we have daughters makes us look at it differently than some, I don't know.
I can appreciate that you'd have a different point of view for that reason. I guess, I just am at a loss for how some of you completely dismiss her actions because she's a female. In your world, women can say whatever/do whatever and have zero blame unless they are threatening a man's life with a weapon. That's what I'm gathering here.

Ha, ok. Got me again, guess I should've used the word "season" instead of "year". Assumed that most would get that but I forgot this is an internet message board, the place where everyone is positioned way up on their high horse.
No... other than some community service his only penalty was being away from his teammates for 6 months. He was already injured. His "lost season" counted as his red shirt season, so he still had 4 years of eligibility left.

If he was the 3rd string outside LB when this happened he would've been booted from the school... permanently. He would've gone to a JUCO and if he'd behaved himself for that time then he would've gotten a shot elsewhere.

Is his name a bit tarnished? Yup. He'll be asked about it for the rest of his life. But... some NFL team will give him a chance and draft him in the Spring. It may cost him a draft round or two, but he'll be drafted. Then, once he's gotten some $$$, the gal whose face he crushed will take him to court. They'll settle out of court, of course. He does not want this to come up yet again, nor be judged by a jury...

Denying a kid a free ride to college doesn't end his life.

It wouldn't but it may also prevent a person from getting an education and being thankful for the 2nd chance they were given and becoming a productive member of both society and his community.

It wouldn't but it may also prevent a person from getting an education and being thankful for the 2nd chance they were given and becoming a productive member of both society and his community.
He can learn a trade. Say, welding, or boxing. Or making license plates. Right next to Hernandez.

I can appreciate that you'd have a different point of view for that reason. I guess, I just am at a loss for how some of you completely dismiss her actions because she's a female. In your world, women can say whatever/do whatever and have zero blame unless they are threatening a man's life with a weapon. That's what I'm gathering here.
I don't dismiss the fact that the woman's a skank. Her behavior, though, didn't warrant significant physical injury.

A serious question; if your wife were to call you something unsavory, would you punch her hard enough so that she'd be eating steak through a straw for a year?

He can learn a trade. Say, boxing. Or making license plates. Right next to Hernandez.

Wow, alright then. Was walking around in Tijuana yesterday with my wife and we ended up having a fairly lengthy conversation with a person we met at a restaurant. During the conversation he admitted that he was deported in the early 2000s for selling drugs in his early 20s. He's now in his 40s and has a farm with a bunch of land and helps to feed and educate his community and those in need. We both commented to each other that it was one of the most enjoyable conversations we've had with anyone since moving to Southern California. People screw up and should be given chances to rehabilitate and move on, if they keep screwing up then I am completely fine with them being removed from society but then again I'm a liberal and live in a big city and voted for Hillary and believe that gay people should be able to get married and that trans folks should be able to take a piss in whichever bathroom they identify with.

My take is that a woman(one without a deadly weapon) who is half the size of a football player does not pose the kind of threat where you can even come close to justifying him punching her lights out. All he has to do is grab her arms and she would be restrained in two seconds. You can't tell me he punched her because his life was in danger. he punched her out of rage. If he had grabbed her arms and restrained her, and was arrested, I would want the charges against the kid dropped in two seconds. That isn't what happened here. A girl can definitely be given blame for her actions, but you better have your life being threatened if you are going to punch her in the face. You think Ray Rice's fiancée deserved to be knocked out because she pushed him?

Wow, alright then. Was walking around in Tijuana yesterday with my wife and we ended up having a fairly lengthy conversation with a person we met at a restaurant. During the conversation he admitted that he was deported in the early 2000s for selling drugs in his early 20s. He's now in his 40s and has a farm with a bunch of land and helps to feed and educate his community and those in need. We both commented to each other that it was one of the most enjoyable conversations we've had with anyone since moving to Southern California. People screw up and should be given chances to rehabilitate and move on, if they keep screwing up then I am completely fine with them being removed from society but then again I'm a liberal and live in a big city and voted for Hillary and believe that gay people should be able to get married and that trans folks should be able to take a piss in whichever bathroom they identify with.

I completely agree with your politics, but I agree with Bearcubs on the Mixon issue, so I don't think politics should be brought into this. I believe in second chances, but I am sorry, denying a kid a football scholarship doesn't mean he is being denied rehabilitation. Get him help, I agree.

I certainly want him to become a productive member of society and his community but I think that can be accomplished without giving him the free ride. if he comes from a poor background, there are a lot of kids who also do and who manage to go to college with help (grants, loans, work study). I personally think the young man will learn more if he has to go that route, while getting help for the domestic violence issue, instead of giving him the free ride and sticking him back on a football field.

I'm a libertarian. Don't care one way or the other about who/what marries who/what. That's none of my business, and shouldn't be anyone else's business.

Some "screw-ups" are more egregious than others. Breaking someone's face in 4 different places because she called you a n#@$%ger is not a screw-up, it's a fck-up, and it should be expensive.

I don't dismiss the fact that the woman's a skank. Her behavior, though, didn't warrant significant physical injury.

A serious question; if your wife were to call you something unsavory, would you punch her hard enough so that she'd be eating steak through a straw for a year?
Lol... clearly that's not a serious question but i'll answer anyway.

No, I would not, which has been thoroughly acknowledged by every single person in this thread. Again, nobody is debating the fact Mixon went overboard and should be punished to some extent for that. You refuse to put any blame, at all, on this woman, when clearly she deserves a portion of the blame for this incident. Doesn't warrant getting knocked out and her face broken, absolutely agree there.

Longisland - i'm glad this all stayed civil and I really didn't want to leave my point. I know what you mean I just think it's much more black and white in these situations - we disagree and that's fine.

I just strongly think he should not be on scholarship at Oklahoma. I think his second chance should be elsewhere.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom