Paisch and Walton | Syracusefan.com

Paisch and Walton

It's nearly impossible to watch games that his does. There's so my cringe worthy moments anymore. How can Paisch keep his composure through the entire game?

I do think it's hilarious that Walton can basically wear whatever he wants. The PAC12 must really want him doing their games since he constantly slurps "The Conference of Champions".

if I was really interested in the outcome of a game, it might be annoying having him do the broadcast, but without a dog in the fight, its PURE GOLD JERRY

If I had to sit through 2 hours of him doing a Syracuse game, I probably would be a little annoyed, but from a far its pretty funny.

TV is entertainment. Bill Walton is constantly entertaining. I don't get the constant bitching about him (we seem to have this thread once a week).
Not to everyone apparently. I can take him in small doses then I get annoyed. Others find his schtick unbearable in any quantity. It's a reason why there are so many ways to enjoy ones self; because our likes and dislikes differ

TV is entertainment. Bill Walton is constantly entertaining. I don't get the constant bitching about him (we seem to have this thread once a week).
Same thing can be said about Dickie V.

I enjoy listening to Walton do Pacific 10 games I don't care so much about but would hate him doing a Syracuse game. My favorite moment last night was after Walton when on a long tangent about the Berkeley academic accolades and Nobel winners, etc. Pasch flatly responded "yeah, that's good to know if you're ever on jepardy." I laughed out loud. I don't want to laugh out loud during Orange games...with that said Pasch and Walton have formed a good odd couple type pair...Arizona ' s last possession was awful btw.

Eric Buenning‏@ericbuenning
So Jordan Matthews of Cal hit a shot in the 1st half vs. Arizona. It prompted this response from Bill Walton

CZc9KteWEAAX5tm.jpg

Eric Buenning‏@ericbuenning
So Jordan Matthews of Cal hit a shot in the 1st half vs. Arizona. It prompted this response from Bill Walton

CZc9KteWEAAX5tm.jpg
I don't mind when the Mets announcers occasionally go off topic because it is usually prompted by something specific and then they get back to baseball. Walton, however, occasionally gets to the game between other subjects. His game observations are cogent enough, but to me he seems to need to constantly prove just how damn smart he is. Like Pasch said, it's great if you are on jeopardy. Not so much on ESPN.

Might be because many of us watch college basketball on the tv for college basketball. Not a clown show.

Except Dickie V stopped being entertaining years ago.
And yet, IMO, he almost miraculously did a 180 around last season and at least to me is now tolerable, because he has toned down the schtick. Heck, the way he sticks up for JB he's sometimes quite enjoyable.

I understand YMMV considerably.

I hated him as a player, mostly upset because his Blazers whooped my Sixers way back when and then he played for the Celtics

I freakin LOVE him as an announcer...love seeing how many GD lyrics he can work in
Last night I watched the Cal-Az game just because he was on
I guess you either love him or hate him

If you get confused, just listen to the music play

OO44

As a few others have mentioned, I might get upset in a tight game, if it's my team playing, but I find the guy incredibly entertaining. He provides commentary, and then while a lot of other people would be boring the hell out of me in other broadcasts, he's comparing some UCLA player to a cow he milked after his bus broke down outside of some farm on his way to a game 8 years ago.

Maybe it's just because I'm not that interested in the PAC-10 that I like him, no clue. He's definitely never going to be more of a distraction in a game than Oregon's idiotic home court.....could they please stop with the trees.

Pasch is great as his sidekick.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom