Paisch and Walton | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Paisch and Walton

Eric Buenning‏@ericbuenning
So Jordan Matthews of Cal hit a shot in the 1st half vs. Arizona. It prompted this response from Bill Walton

CZc9KteWEAAX5tm.jpg
There was a 6.4 earthquake in Alaska early this morning, so maybe Walton was on to something.

TV is entertainment. Bill Walton is constantly entertaining. I don't get the constant bitching about him here (we seem to have this thread once a week).
People who don't like Walton take the game too seriously, IMO.
It's not like we can't see what is happening on the floor without someone telling us.
Frankly, if they aren't Bob Knight, Hubie Brown or Jeff Van Gundy, what can a fan learn from them?

I hated him as a player, mostly upset because his Blazers whooped my Sixers way back when and then he played for the Celtics

I freakin LOVE him as an announcer...love seeing how many GD lyrics he can work in
Last night I watched the Cal-Az game just because he was on
I guess you either love him or hate him

If you get confused, just listen to the music play

OO44

Maybe if I was a dead head I'd feel differently. I was a Who fan then a punk rocker. Now I listen mostly to a college station with a nice mix of songs I know plus new artists so I'm not a total old fogie.

Or if I ever used the substances both the dead and Walton are renowned for it might make a difference too (not that I don't want to see them legalized, or at least one definitely should be)

Maybe if I was a dead head I'd feel differently. I was a Who fan then a punk rocker. Now I listen mostly to a college station with a nice mix of songs I know plus new artists so I'm not a total old fogie.

Or if I ever used the substances both the dead and Walton are renowned for it might make a difference too (not that I don't want to see them legalized, or at least one definitely should be)

Love him and Pasch. Have no love for Grateful Dead. Never smoked marijuana. I like the Who, too.

Since we're trying to figure out who likes this stuff. Maybe its just the dry humor. Any Airplane fans?

Last edited:
If it's a boring game against boring opponents, if you aren't a real fan of the game or the game itself isn't entertaining enough (some games have been real stinkers) then give me Walton and his amusing, distracting, bombastic rhetoric. However for good games that are entertaining - I find myself not wanting to be distracted and I turn down the sound.

People who don't like Walton take the game too seriously, IMO.
It's not like we can't see what is happening on the floor without someone telling us.
Frankly, if they aren't Bob Knight, Hubie Brown or Jeff Van Gundy, what can a fan learn from them?
I learn a lot from announcers most games, unless a particular announcer is really bad. That's true of virtually all the sports I watch. I prefer not to watch in bars for a few reasons but the big one is most don't have the sound on.

I think Walton is very learned, whether he's on topic or off it. He just gets on my nerves after a while because he so seldom talks about the game.

I learn a lot from announcers most games, unless a particular announcer is really bad. That's true of virtually all the sports I watch. I prefer not to watch in bars for a few reasons but the big one is most don't have the sound on.

I think Walton is very learned, whether he's on topic or off it. He just gets on my nerves after a while because he so seldom talks about the game.

He knows a ton about ball. And actually about life.

I love this man.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom