Pasqualoni interviews with the New York Giants/Hired by BC | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Pasqualoni interviews with the New York Giants/Hired by BC

Not true . We would have been co-champs like GTECH and Colorado were a couple of years before. It would have ended up split.
You are wrong. We were never going to win the national championship that year, There were two unbeaten teams besides us and they played each other.

A win against the SEC champion ( Auburn ) in the Sugar and a 12-0 record would definitely have left an argument . At that time , before any kind of playoff , it was hard to leave an undefeated team out of co-championships. But I like the discussion because I don't think a lot of younger fans realize where the program was not too long ago.
Our 11-0 record was not respected around the country. Even with an auburn victory (which we had because Glover caught the ball in the end zone, ruled incomplete). It wouldn't have been enough. As it was, we were 11-0-1 and finished 4th.

Schedule[edit]
Date Opponent# Rank# Site Result
September 5 Maryland Carrier DomeSyracuse, NY W 35–11
September 12 Rutgers Rutgers StadiumPiscataway, NJ W 20–3
September 19 Miami (OH) Carrier Dome • Syracuse, NY W 24-10
September 26 at Virginia Tech Lane StadiumBlacksburg, VA W 35–21
October 3 at Missouri Memorial StadiumColumbia, MO W 24–13
October 17 #10 Penn State #13 Carrier Dome • Syracuse, NY W 48–21
October 24 Colgate #9 Carrier Dome • Syracuse, NY W 52–6
October 31 at Pittsburgh #8 Pitt StadiumPittsburgh, PA W 24–10
November 7 at Navy #8 Navy-Marine Corps Memorial StadiumAnnapolis, MD W 34–10
November 14 Boston College #6 Carrier Dome • Syracuse, NY W 45–17
November 21 West Virginia #6 Carrier Dome • Syracuse, NY W 32–31
January 1 vs. #6 Auburn #4 Louisiana SuperdomeNew Orleans, LA(Sugar Bowl) T 16–16
*Non-conference game.
Dagger-14-plain.png
Homecoming. #Rankings from AP Poll released prior to game.

In the ap poll before the bowl games Oklahoma had 47 first place votes, Miami 9, and SU 1. Maybe the one vote stays with su if they beat auburn but all the other ones still go to Miami after the bowl games

Good for BC. Paul is a great coach and i believe that when you love something and it is in your blood you would rather keep working even at a lower position than not. Im happy for him

Wasn't the rumor that he was not a fan of recruiting? And now he's 10 years older and has to be out recruiting again? I suppose it's better than the alternative of not having a job.

He has family in the Boston area so I assume that may have something to do with it. That's a great hire for BC and Addazio. Paul can lend a helping hand with game day as well (insert all the jokes you want).

surprised hes not with the patsies.

then again, probably too corrupt for him.

shandeezy7 said:
Wasn't the rumor that he was not a fan of recruiting? And now he's 10 years older and has to be out recruiting again? I suppose it's better than the alternative of not having a job.

I'm not sure everyone on staff goes on the road recruiting.

I guess this means he didn't get the Giants job.

they hired the pats Patrick Graham last week.

he was there for 6 years and had done both DL & LBs.

young, late 30s.

Also adds a guy who can take over as the interim coach when BC starts off slow again this year. I think Addazio is on thin ice. His recruiting class was awful, no buzz in Boston, etc. They need to find their Babers and Paul can at least be an adult in the room if the Addazio project goes south quickly in 2016

Also adds a guy who can take over as the interim coach when BC starts off slow again this year. I think Addazio is on thin ice. His recruiting class was awful, no buzz in Boston, etc. They need to find their Babers and Paul can at least be an adult in the room if the Addazio project goes south quickly in 2016

BC's schedule is brutal this year, there are enough built in wins to make sure Addazio stays. Just on an aside, as Ive read it a few times, Syracuse's class wasn't any better than BC's so saying it was awful is kind of pot calling kettle black

BC's schedule is brutal this year, there are enough built in wins to make sure Addazio stays. Just on an aside, as Ive read it a few times, Syracuse's class wasn't any better than BC's so saying it was awful is kind of pot calling kettle black

Considering he is going into year 4 and Dino cleared out most of Shafer's class and started over with 7 weeks to work with, I would say they can't be compared

Nail on head . Dino has not even coached 1 game here yet, for crying out loud , talk about cool aide induced euphoria. I want him and The Orange to succeed , but it is not a forgone conclusion , and it may take 4-5 years .

so, you are saying that addazio hired coach p as a safety blanket for bc in case he gets canned mid year?

DJHAK232 said:

You can believe that if you want but SU's class was significantly better than BC's according to any site you want to visit. You think the 50's is the same as 70's and 80's? BC's class was horrible.

And Dino did it in 2 months. Addazio has had a year+.

Last edited:
That a great move for BC and Passthebaloney.

He can't recruit anymore but he sure as hell can coach.

More power to him for taking this gig at 66, and I understand "loving what you do", but I said the same thing after the last time I saw Dylan when someone asked why he keeps going out there. He must need the money.

I thought it was telling O'Brien didn't bring him back to Houston. He must really want to continue coaching as coming back to work for his former assistant Addazio is very telling.

Addazio hired him out of loyalty it appears. BC had a tough recruiting year this year but the past few years had done better. I will say Babers cleaned his clock this year but BC did get Anthony Brown QB from NJ that we wanted.

Thin ice? Addazio took over Coach Spaz and went to bowl games his first 2 years. He isn't on thin ice for 1 bad year.

He will not get fired mid-year as BC isn't a FB factory school. Addazio does need to start turning it around though as another bad year next year would likely put him on the hot seat in 2017. BC had a great defense and no QB at all. They will be better next year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom