Pasqualoni interviews with the New York Giants/Hired by BC | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Pasqualoni interviews with the New York Giants/Hired by BC

I thought it was telling O'Brien didn't bring him back to Houston. He must really want to continue coaching as coming back to work for his former assistant Addazio is very telling.

Addazio hired him out of loyalty it appears. BC had a tough recruiting year this year but the past few years had done better. I will say Babers cleaned his clock this year but BC did get Anthony Brown QB from NJ that we wanted.

I think Obrien stated that P wanted to b closer to home. Of course it could be all BS but the guy is 66, maybe the stipulation at this point is you can keep coaching but it has to be in the tri state area. Belichick thinks highly of Pasqualoni FWIW. Doesn't mean he's going to hire him over what he has in the stable right now. BB is looking to move his son into a real coordinator position soon.

Thin ice? Addazio took over Coach Spaz and went to bowl games his first 2 years. He isn't on thin ice for 1 bad year.

He will not get fired mid-year as BC isn't a FB factory school. Addazio does need to start turning it around though as another bad year next year would likely put him on the hot seat in 2017. BC had a great defense and no QB at all. They will be better next year.

They pitched a shoutout last year in conference play. They won't put up with another 3 win season. Mark my words, Brad Bates will can him if it doesn't turn around quickly.

CousCuse said:
Nail on head . Dino has not even coached 1 game here yet, for crying out loud , talk about cool aide induced euphoria. I want him and The Orange to succeed , but it is not a forgone conclusion , and it may take 4-5 years .

I'll take that bet.

I think Obrien stated that P wanted to b closer to home. Of course it could be all BS but the guy is 66, maybe the stipulation at this point is you can keep coaching but it has to be in the tri state area. Belichick thinks highly of Pasqualoni FWIW. Doesn't mean he's going to hire him over what he has in the stable right now. BB is looking to move his son into a real coordinator position soon.
You are correct the Pats have an opening on the defensive side of the ball but that is looking it will be going to Stephen Belichick who has been the Defensive Quality Control assistant. The opening is the secondary.

If the Pats had a DL coach opening they may have looked at Coach P.

I agree with the rest. He wants his son to be a position to replace Matt Patricia when he gets a HC job but he will likely be the new DBs coach for the NEP.

Unless Coach P could coach OL or TE there is no fit in New England because of nepotism.

Unless Coach P could coach OL or TE there is no fit in New England because of nepotism.
At one point he did coach TE for the Cowboys.

Nail on head . Dino has not even coached 1 game here yet, for crying out loud , talk about cool aide induced euphoria. I want him and The Orange to succeed , but it is not a forgone conclusion , and it may take 4-5 years .

No it won't--he was brought in to turn things around and win, immediately. His background suggests that he can engineer that kind of rapid turnaround, implement an impressive offense, and win with the players he inherits.

This 4-5 years thing is an artificial obstacle contrived / rationalized by posters. There's a difference between having success and being optimized. We might not have a fully OPTIMIZED roster for 4-5 years, but the notion that we can't be successful as we build towards that is bunk.

Alsacs said:
Thin ice? Addazio took over Coach Spaz and went to bowl games his first 2 years. He isn't on thin ice for 1 bad year. He will not get fired mid-year as BC isn't a FB factory school. Addazio does need to start turning it around though as another bad year next year would likely put him on the hot seat in 2017. BC had a great defense and no QB at all. They will be better next year.

His record at BC is only a touch better than Shafer here. 13FBS W vs 11FBS W. Recruiting going in the wrong direction. Defensive assistants leaving in droves.

This season is make or break. Wheels come off - they will be looking.

His record at BC is only a touch better than Shafer here. 13FBS W vs 11FBS W. Recruiting going in the wrong direction. Defensive assistants leaving in droves.

Addazio took over a program down after Frank Spaziani was the HC.
Shafer took over a mediocre program after Marrone bolted for the NFL.

Addazio was hired in a true search and had been a HC at Temple. Neither of which happened for SS.

Addazio had a bad year last year but the year before had a pretty good recruiting class and his team has young talent. He lost Dom Brown to Michigan but the team isn't in rebuild mode.

They actually have QB talent now and should be competitive. BC is not firing Addaizo unless they go 3-9 again. He overachieved there his first 2 years. They need better QB play.

No it won't--he was brought in to turn things around and win, immediately. His background suggests that he can engineer that kind of rapid turnaround, implement an impressive offense, and win with the players he inherits.

This 4-5 years thing is an artificial obstacle contrived / rationalized by posters. There's a difference between having success and being optimized. We might not have a fully OPTIMIZED roster for 4-5 years, but the notion that we can't be successful as we build towards that is bunk.
I can name many coaches who were hired at other schools with the same expectations who failed . It is going to get worse before it gets better. That's when he is going to need love , not on the honeymoon.

While I agree he should be in trouble, the fact that he has a long contract will keep him at BC for years.

BTW is it just me or is it not strange that these topics which are loosely related keep getting combined in this forum? It wouldn't be a big deal if we had thread view which is far superior. Then you can see that the topic has changed direction. But simply combining everything seems odd.

I can name many coaches who were hired at other schools with the same expectations who failed . It is going to get worse before it gets better. That's when he is going to need love , not on the honeymoon.

That's your opinion. A completely unsubstantiated opinion, at that.

It really can't get much worse than the past two years--which were marginally a step above GRob-ian level futility--so on face value alone your prediction seems like bunk. But I'd be willing to take that bet--Babers has been successful out of the box at BOTH of his previous coaching stops, and I expect him to be successful here, too. Babers expects that, too. This isn't a total rebuild. Our coaching sucked last year--this new staff will rectify that, and coax more scoring out of the players we have becuase they have a sound offensive system.

Again, the notion that we are going to have to struggle for years / take steps backwards is just the fabrication of a downtrodden fanbase expecting the worse. There's a new sherrif in town now, not some coach who requires on-the-job training.

Last edited:
CousCuse said:

The dude who ran Hunt for Heisman campaign with little proof is now wait and see on a guy who done it at two places already?

I think at bare minimum, worse case scenario we win 4 and hold serve.

HRE Otto IV said:
While I agree he should be in trouble, the fact that he has a long contract will keep him at BC for years. BTW is it just me or is it not strange that these topics which are loosely related keep getting combined in this forum? It wouldn't be a big deal if we had thread view which is far superior. Then you can see that the topic has changed direction. But simply combining everything seems odd.

Post where the people are reading. Starting a new thread and it gets lost. Addazzio isn't that far off since P got hired there.

That's your opinion. A completely unsubstantiated opinion, at that.

It really can't get much worse than the past two years--which were one step removed from GRob-ian level futility--so on face value alone your prediction seems like bunk. But I'd be willing to take that bet--Babers has been successful out of the box at BOTH of his previous coaching stops, and I expect him to be successful here, too. This isn't a total rebuild. Our coaching sucked last year--this new staff will rectify that, and coax more scoring out of the players we have becuase they have a sound offensive system.

Again, the notion that we are going to have to struggle for years / take steps backwards is just the fabrication of a downtrodden fanbase expecting the worse. There's a new sherrif in town now, not some coach who requires on-the-job training.
That's your narrative .

That's your narrative .

Just because yours involves sky is falling crap doesn't make my opinion a "narrative."

Babers is an established coach. He's got a great offensive system, and a cohesive staff that knows what they're doing and know how to win. If the recruiting class [compiled in a little over a month] didn't provide you with insight about what this staff is capable of, then I don't know what to tell you.

CousCuse said:
That's your narrative .

New coach who has won everywhere he's been - tends to get the benefit of the doubt.

It is going to get worse before it gets better please explain this?
We are 49-83 the last decade.

I am sorry Dino Babers is not going to bottom us out. Next year is hard schedule but by game 4 year 2 we will be a lot better. Dino Babers isn't expected to win9 games a year which we haven't done since 2001.

I honestly don't think I get any points you make but the best part is none of them annoy me I just get confused wondering how you reach these conclusions.

The dude who ran Hunt for Heisman campaign with little proof is now wait and see on a guy who done it at two places already?

I think at bare minimum, worse case scenario we win 4 and hold serve.
I was supporting a young person who's parents passed away . I still believe in Hunt . The two other places Dino did it at were the powers in their conferences. They both had huge talent advantages , unlike Syracuse.

It is going to get worse before it gets better please explain this?
We are 49-83 the last decade.

I am sorry Dino Babers is not going to bottom us out. Next year is hard schedule but by game 4 year 2 we will be a lot better. Dino Babers isn't expected to win9 games a year which we haven't done since 2001.

I honestly don't think I get any points you make but the best part is none of them annoy me I just get confused wondering how you reach these conclusions.
Learning a new offensive scheme with all new terminology and employing an entirely different defense without the type of players to make it work while turning a roster over is not easy or fast. We have been and continue to be at a talent deficit to most teams we play.

That's your narrative .
its a narrative based on the fact that we have a coach with a PROVEN TRACK RECORD of ACTUALLY WINNING FOOTBALL GAMES.

it is not out of the norm to assume he should be able to find 6 or more wins this year.

hell, even SS did it once.

Post where the people are reading. Starting a new thread and it gets lost. Addazzio isn't that far off since P got hired there.

I wasn't referring to you but the admins. Coach P interviewing Giants and Coach P to BC DC are two separate topics. Then Coach D going to Cleveland has ZERO relation. That is a factoid that people would miss because it has nothing top do with the topic title. Same thing with the DE situation yesterday. Unless you read every post, it is silly.

I was supporting a young person who's parents passed away . I still believe in Hunt . The two other places Dino did it at were the powers in their conferences. They both had huge talent advantages , unlike Syracuse.
Dino Babers took over a 2-9 Eastern Illinois team. By year 2 they were 12-1.
Since he left 5-7 and 7-5.

He is a good football coach. You want the narrative you believe to fact when it isn't. Dino did not have a huge talent advantage. He coaches his talent to fit his system.

Learning a new offensive scheme with all new terminology and employing an entirely different defense without the type of players to make it work while turning a roster over is not easy or fast. We have been and continue to be at a talent deficit to most teams we play.

Our O and D can't get worse than last year. So yes by default we should be better.

I wasn't referring to you but the admins. Coach P interviewing Giants and Coach P to BC DC are two separate topics. Then Coach D going to Cleveland has ZERO relation. That is a factoid that people would miss because it has nothing top do with the topic title. Same thing with the DE situation yesterday. Unless you read every post, it is silly.
i do and i often have no freakin clue what the OP of the thread im in, states.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom