Petrino Presser previewing Syracuse | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Petrino Presser previewing Syracuse

There are two kinds of gunslingers...

actually you dont need to wait for the yardage markers you just need to wait for the refs to release the ball for the snap. if the refs dont stand there you can snap it.

I bet that Petrino puts in a request to have guys who will be running the chains to be on Social Security.

I hope Petrino gets Louisville a sideline warning on our first drive.

F with the chain gang after that, you get 15 a clip.

Wait until he finds out about the lollypop sticks. :p

The artificial crowd noise will be deafening on 3rd downs.

Beamer's excuses were the first thing I thought of too.

These are the kinds of things that spark rivalries.

Now let's go kick his ass.
If you honestly believe what's gone on in this pathetic thread will "spark a rivalry", then you may need to study the concept of it all. This might be the single most infantile thread I've read in weeks.

UofL respects Syracuse. It's why beating you to within an inch of your lives will be so fun.

If you honestly believe what's gone on in this pathetic thread will "spark a rivalry", then you may need to study the concept of it all. This might be the single most infantile thread I've read in weeks.

UofL respects Syracuse. It's why beating you to within an inch of your lives will be so fun.

you good, bro?

I'm fine, just sort of shocked. I expected better smack.

Fair enough, my man. Tune in and there will be much smack delivered your way. Louisiville... what a joke. Yeah, you've had some good years but talk about a flash in the pan.

Louisville is one of those "Flash in the pans" who was ranked in the Top 25 at the end of the last 2 seasons. Were you guys ranked in the Top 25 these past 2 seasons? We'll be somewhere around 15th this week. I would say that is a certain consistency but what do I know?

In this century, Louisville has won 8 0f 11 games between us. Does this make you feel comfortably ahead of us? Sort of dominant and all? Just trying to figure out your reasoning here. I loved Ernie Davis and maybe Jim Brown more than any player who ever played the game. They played around the time Johnny Unitas and Lenny Lyles were playing for us. Is this your bottom line?

Help a brother out.

Louisville is one of those "Flash in the pans" who was ranked in the Top 25 at the end of the last 2 seasons. Were you guys ranked in the Top 25 these past 2 seasons? We'll be somewhere around 15th this week. I would say that is a certain consistency but what do I know?

In this century, Louisville has won 8 0f 11 games between us. Does this make you feel comfortably ahead of us? Sort of dominant and all? Just trying to figure out your reasoning here. I loved Ernie Davis and maybe Jim Brown more than any player who ever played the game. They played around the time Johnny Unitas and Lenny Lyles were playing for us. Is this your bottom line?

Help a brother out.
All I can say is that Friday's game won't be the cluster @#$% it was for us last year.

No, your coach already impressed me. Dude definitely seems to have it together. His hire alone seems to turn things around at least a little, just on its own.

His scheme is also interesting - up-tempo and attacking. That's some football thinking.

View attachment 75048

petrino.jpg
This needs to be a "big head" in the student section, along with the girlfriend.

No, your coach already impressed me. Dude definitely seems to have it together. His hire alone seems to turn things around at least a little, just on its own.

His scheme is also interesting - up-tempo and attacking. That's some football thinking.
I'm looking forward to see how it plays out on Friday. Babers did quite a number on Tennessee last year when he was HC at Bowling Green. Didn't expect a MAC team to put up that many points on an SEC team.

"We had to pipe in noise at practice for the second time. That really gives me a headache."
Really? I hope he's eating painkillers 5 minutes into the game.

Senore2006 said:
Louisville is one of those "Flash in the pans" who was ranked in the Top 25 at the end of the last 2 seasons. Were you guys ranked in the Top 25 these past 2 seasons? We'll be somewhere around 15th this week. I would say that is a certain consistency but what do I know? In this century, Louisville has won 8 0f 11 games between us. Does this make you feel comfortably ahead of us? Sort of dominant and all? Just trying to figure out your reasoning here. I loved Ernie Davis and maybe Jim Brown more than any player who ever played the game. They played around the time Johnny Unitas and Lenny Lyles were playing for us. Is this your bottom line? Help a brother out.

No doubt you guys have been better recently.

But there was that time Teddy got destroyed on senior day where you guys had to make up quotes. I mean doors blown off.

And that other time when we had our worst coach in history and somehow won at Louisville.

As for history... I mean c'mon.

NC. Heisman winner. GOAT. More NFL HoF.

Csonka, Floyd Little, John Mackey, McNabb, Marvin Harrison, Art Monk, Dwight Freeney, Art and Chandler Jones.

We've played at a higher level, longer in the old BE when you guys were in the minors.

Tides turning and your coach knows it. That's why he's scared.

Jake said:
A couple years ago Otto used to enter the field riding on a motorcycle...might be time to resurrect it. Bonus points if he does with a t-shirt that says "if you can read this t-shirt, the bitch fell off."

That is awesome.

This needs to be a "big head" in the student section, along with the girlfriend.

Absolutely. This would show the moxie we need from our student body. Go for the jugular. Be ruthless. Most of all, have fun with it!

Last edited:
No doubt you guys have been better recently.

But there was that time Teddy got destroyed on senior day where you guys had to make up quotes. I mean doors blown off.

And that other time when we had our worst coach in history and somehow won at Louisville.

As for history... I mean c'mon.

NC. Heisman winner. GOAT. More NFL HoF.

Csonka, Floyd Little, John Mackey, McNabb, Marvin Harrison, Art Monk, Dwight Freeney, Art and Chandler Jones.

We've played at a higher level, longer in the old BE when you guys were in the minors.

Tides turning and your coach knows it. That's why he's scared.
Strange stuff. I guess that "tide" of which you speak is a subjective oceanographic assessment. So far this Century we've ended up Top 10 3 times at the ends of seasons, including closing the year @ #6 and #8 under Petrino 1.0, years before the Big East period. The Kragthorpe Debacle is the outlier here, lol. We stunk of skunk nuts underneath his pathetic direction and the entire fan base revolted.

Climbing out of that under Charlie Strong and now Petrino 2.0 delivered massive doses of forced humility and the wonder of how bad one guy can screw things up - anywhere.

But we ended up last year ranked #16 or so, the year before that at #25 and the arc is maintaining its improvement, now seeing us at around 15 and - if we could somehow take care of FSU - within reach of the Top 10 already. Seeing where it goes matters more to me than program historical jock measuring because it is something we are in the middle of. We have 33 players in the NFL with 5 1st rounders in the past 3 years. We have at least 2 more first rounders playing defense for us this season. We are nearing New Territory and it is exciting as hell. I see no ceiling just yet.

I like the idea of a healthy and uber-competitive rivalry with The Cuse. Nothing else at all should be the goal because of the commitment and the fan intensity it shows.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom