Class of 2018 - PF Bryce Golden (MD) to Butler | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 PF Bryce Golden (MD) to Butler

That suggests to me that all three of those other teams are in for some rough seasons ahead.
Yes, I agree. Those teams as well as Louisville and Pittsburgh look to have a rough time next year. Georgetown is making in-roads for the season after next by signing the PF/C transfer from NCST and a good point guard named James Akinjo.

I meant to add in my previous post that I still felt that Syracuse was the best long term place for Golden but would understand if he wanted to be a starter in his freshman year at another school.

No. I haven't heard a thing lately. And the last thing I heard, and I mean from two great sources, was that we were done for this year. So much for that.
Is this before Golden?

Regardless of what happens with this recruitment...I'm just glad we're trying

Yeah, it's comforting to know that the coaches are meeting the standard respective job requirements, duties, and responsibilities.

If he picked Pittsburgh over Illinois then that suggests he has been on Illinois campus before. Since then he has been to Syracuse campus and now heads back to Illinois for a campus visit. He has seen the campus and this is probably about discussing his immediate role there next year. I’m concerned

If he picked Pittsburgh over Illinois then that suggests he has been on Illinois campus before. Since then he has been to Syracuse campus and now heads back to Illinois for a campus visit. He has seen the campus and this is probably about discussing his immediate role there next year. I’m concerned
I think your surmise about the visit is possible, but not a certainty. He could have gone to Pitt, loved it and committed, without visiting.
If he did do a prior official visit, they can't give him a second official visit.

As far as I understand, Golden is from Illnois and probably thinks he owes them some interest. He will be Cuse bound this week
Winchester, VA...prepped at a prep school around DC

Yeah, it's comforting to know that the coaches are meeting the standard respective job requirements, duties, and responsibilities.
Staff has been going above and beyond since the curveball by barley. Even the haters can’t complain

In jimmy we trust

Staff has been going above and beyond since the curveball by barley. Even the haters can’t complain

In jimmy we trust
Above and beyond? How so? They have around 9 scholarship players depending on Battle (and Buddy's classification); this is them trying to fill a depleted roster late in the game. I'd guess any staff would do the same.

Where they need to continue pushing is the 2019 class. That needs to be a monster and it's good to see them, most notably JB, out seeing kids the past week.

Above and beyond? How so? They have around 9 scholarship players depending on Battle (and Buddy's classification); this is them trying to fill a depleted roster late in the game. I'd guess any staff would do the same.

Where they need to continue pushing is the 2019 class. That needs to be a monster and it's good to see them, most notably JB, out seeing kids the past week.

I thought no his point was that they were thrown for a bit of a loop late in the process and they’re working hard to get the roster to a better spot by the end of the cycle. This for a staff many said we’re too lazy and/or too bad at recruiting to keep us at a high level.

I agree they need to take steps to not be in a spot where they need to completely rebuild a roster each year but I agree with the original poster — you have to be pretty pleased with the efforts on both the ‘18 and ‘19 fronts.

In jimmy we trust

An asinine post, imo. 'Above and Beyond,' yeah ok. How about this is what coaches do when it's obvious they have needs and schollies available...it's called meeting expectations that are part of the job's description & requirements.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom