Class of 2020 - PF Isaiah Jackson (MI/SpireAcademyOH) to Kentucky | Page 38 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 PF Isaiah Jackson (MI/SpireAcademyOH) to Kentucky

Can't wait till Isaiah Jackson comes here.

All this nonsense about Boeheim may have some truth to it: He is older, and maybe not as active in recruiting as he used to be, and we haven't been pulling in any 5 stars lately ...

However, Jim is the only reason why this program is what it is, and why it was taken to its highest of highs, why the team can make the NCAA tournament even in down years, why Syracuse has one of the best NBA draft histories in college basketball ...outside of Kentucky, Duke, Kansas ... why Syracuse started recruiting 5-star players on a regular basis in the 2000s, and why this team will probably be good again this year.

You wanna know success? How about a coach who consistently takes lesser recruited players and puts them into position to taste the NBA on a regular basis, and gets them to the big tourney almost every year? Forget Duke, Kentucky, and Kansas. They do it with players NBA-ready coming out of high school. Jim has always taken the harder road and gotten it done. We might not win a championship this year, but Syracuse will remain on the map in 2019-2020 because of Jim Boeheim.

Nice! Now that's what you call a 'fishing for likes post' if I've ever seen one. ;) And, you managed to qualify this here in this "IJ recruiting thread & only IJ related" by your 7 word related reference while simultaneously writing a dissertation of JB's significance. Bravo! :)

I can't wait myself for IJ to be Orange! ;):)

I believe the perceived "allure" of Jim Boeheim is a thing of the past. Kids, especially the ones of today, don't want to play for an elderly man. As long as he's around I don't believe we're going to get 5 stars to play here. When he got Carmelo, he went down to Baltimore and sat on Melo's porch, waiting for him to come home. Do you see that kind of commitment to recruiting from this head coach any longer? I don't.

He just sends his minions out to recruit and attends an occasional basketball game. Then ppl are trying to tell me AJ chose UConn, their away-game-proximity and a paltry Big East conference over the Dome, over the ACC, and all of it's home games within a 2 hour drive?! Don't give me the PT excuse either. Good players like AJ know they're going to see the court. As long as we have an elderly coach this stuff is going to continue to happen. We win 50% of non cupcake games. Let that sink in. We have fallen and it's going to take some big decisions up on the hill for this to change.
Maybe you didn't read the comments of IJ's dad after his son's visit to syracuse.

Isaiah Jackson, the 6-foot-9 forward from Waterford Mott (MI) and The Family Detroit AAU, is targeting a mid-November college announcement, his father told ZAGSBLOG.

“Decision middle of November,” Wesley Jackson said by text.

The No. 3-ranked power forward in the Class of 2020 per 247Sports.com, Jackson is down to Alabama, Kentucky and Syracuse. He will leave for his final official visit to Alabama Thursday night. He has previously visited both Kentucky and Syracuse.

Kentucky coach John Calipari saw Jackson for a second time earlier this month, his father said, while “[Syracuse coach Jim] Boeheim and Cal stay in touch weekly.”

Isaiah Jackson, the 6-foot-9 forward from Waterford Mott (MI) and The Family Detroit AAU, is targeting a mid-November college announcement, his father told ZAGSBLOG.

The No. 3-ranked power forward in the Class of 2020 per 247Sports.com, Jackson is down to Alabama, Kentucky and Syracuse. He will leave for his final official visit to Alabama Thursday night. He has previously visited both Kentucky and Syracuse.

Kentucky coach John Calipari saw Jackson for a second time earlier this month, his father said, while “[Syracuse coach Jim] Boeheim and Cal stay in touch weekly.”

If he goes elsewhere, it won't be for a lack of effort.

Kentucky coach John Calipari saw Jackson for a second time earlier this month, his father said, while “[Syracuse coach Jim] Boeheim and Cal stay in touch weekly.

I didn’t think that JB liked Cal, good to know they stay in touch that frequently.

The BE features nearby games at Providence, St John's, Seton Hall, Villanova and Georgetown vs. BC and Pittsburgh in the ACC.
This is a real issue and one a new, young coach will not be able to solve.

"Early on in Isaiah Jackson's (No. 22) recruitment, it seemed like he was destined for Michigan State. And then when Juwan Howard took over at Michigan, it still looked like an in-state battle between the two Michigan schools. Fast-forward a few months, and both schools are out of the mix and Jackson is down to Kentucky, Alabama and Syracuse. He took his official visit to Kentucky in late August, then went to Syracuse in late September. This weekend, he heads to Alabama for his final visit. At different points over the past couple of months, each school has received significant buzz as the favorite, but this seems like a close battle between Kentucky and Alabama. Both sides are confident enough about the situation, but for now, we'll give the edge to Kentucky -- with the caveat that this weekend's visit to Tuscaloosa can change things."

Everything on jackson has been pretty quiet with most media guys acknowledging that they are having a hard time getting a feel for where he is going...BUT the one consistent thing I have seen from all of them is that its UK/Bama with us trailing according to most.

"Early on in Isaiah Jackson's (No. 22) recruitment, it seemed like he was destined for Michigan State. And then when Juwan Howard took over at Michigan, it still looked like an in-state battle between the two Michigan schools. Fast-forward a few months, and both schools are out of the mix and Jackson is down to Kentucky, Alabama and Syracuse. He took his official visit to Kentucky in late August, then went to Syracuse in late September. This weekend, he heads to Alabama for his final visit. At different points over the past couple of months, each school has received significant buzz as the favorite, but this seems like a close battle between Kentucky and Alabama. Both sides are confident enough about the situation, but for now, we'll give the edge to Kentucky -- with the caveat that this weekend's visit to Tuscaloosa can change things."

Everything on jackson has been pretty quiet with most media guys acknowledging that they are having a hard time getting a feel for where he is going...BUT the one consistent thing I have seen from all of them is that its UK/Bama with us trailing according to most.

We are somewhat being looked at like the middle child in this. UK is the big brother, the blue blood who basically is able to land everyone and thus naturally they aren't likely to fade. Bama is the youngest with a new coach, some recent NBA success with Sexton and more importantly the final visit. I think the key of there being very little leaking out has essentially everyone playing out assumptions. I would expect after the Bama visit maybe a little more clarity comes about.

Bad news! Heavy rain in Alabama this weekend;)

1572001192861.jpeg

Can't wait till Isaiah Jackson comes here.

All this nonsense about Boeheim may have some truth to it: He is older, and maybe not as active in recruiting as he used to be, and we haven't been pulling in any 5 stars lately ...

However, Jim is the only reason why this program is what it is, and why it was taken to its highest of highs, why the team can make the NCAA tournament even in down years, why Syracuse has one of the best NBA draft histories in college basketball ...outside of Kentucky, Duke, Kansas ... why Syracuse started recruiting 5-star players on a regular basis in the 2000s, and why this team will probably be good again this year.

You wanna know success? How about a coach who consistently takes lesser recruited players and puts them into position to taste the NBA on a regular basis, and gets them to the big tourney almost every year? Forget Duke, Kentucky, and Kansas. They do it with players NBA-ready coming out of high school. Jim has always taken the harder road and gotten it done. We might not win a championship this year, but Syracuse will remain on the map in 2019-2020 because of Jim Boeheim.
Awesome post. The only thing I disagree with is Jackson coming here.

The ebb and flow in this thread has been interesting. Nothing is final until paper is signed. We are one of 3 schools in the running. Of course beat writers for Kentucky and Alabama are going to spin updates that do not read well for Cuse and getting bent about them or believing that they are gospel is just crazy. Trying to guess what an 18 year old and their parents value and will base their decisions on is also pot luck. Just relax and enjoy the fact we are in the running for a great player. No reason to believe we won't get this young man unless someone can show me a video of him saying he is no longer looking at Cuse.

Do the people knocking bama know that theyve gotten a 5* kid in each of the last three or four seasons?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom