Class of 2020 - PF Isaiah Jackson (MI/SpireAcademyOH) to Kentucky | Page 45 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 PF Isaiah Jackson (MI/SpireAcademyOH) to Kentucky

For the fun of it what do u think the starting lineup would be if he came here?? Potentially Braswell and dolejaz coming off the bench

It’d be very satisfying to take one from Cal and smack the hand of the new blood in Bama.

show’s we’re still the big player we expect ourselves to be

Breakthrough recruit for us. Imagine if QG returns next year. We will be loaded with shooters and front court depth.

Thats totally fair. All im saying is that seeing what is out there and putting it all together makes me personally think we're third. Nothing more than just an opinion like i stated in my original post.
That's not all you said, however. You insulted a poster's inside source as "delusional " about recruiting. If you're having second thoughts about that part then come out and say it as opposed to trying to quietly walk back your take after getting some negative feedback.

I mean we haven’t really been known to recruit five stars and get them to committe lately. Call it what you want but since Hop left that been the case. I’m not bashing Boeheim but it’s the reality of the situation. If he goes somewhere else good luck to him but it’s disappointing we can’t reel in a top guy like this once in a while.
It helps to consider the context of everything that was going on at the time of Hop's departure and the subsequent downturn in recruiting. The NCAA sanctions and recruiting restrictions would have greatly hampered Hop's recruiting success at SU.

I recommend everyone check out Dean's latest pod if you want to know what's happening with IJ.

Where can I find the podcast?

Ok so not in anyway jumping the shark here but I am curious- should we land IJ where does he work into the big man fold? I like the potential of both Edwards and Ajak. IJ belongs in the middle of the zone. Sidibe has a year left. I wonder who gets left at the alter with a talent like this coming in? Personally from just a few games I think that Edwards is ahead of Ajak but I could see that flip flopping a bit.
If we land him I think it would be cool to have him shift as Rick Jackson did in 09-10 where he starts at the 4 and then slides to the 5 when the starting 5 goes out.

Pretty complimentary of bama but nothing too crazy...makes a case for all the programs left and hes definitely close to making a decision. I think he probably already knows where hes going. One thing that was a bit strange was this comment though.

"Where do things stand with the trio of finalists?"
“We’re still discussing them,” Wes Jackson said. “Each one has its own particular brand. All three in my opinion fit him for different particular reasons. I think the three that we’ve got for Isaiah and what he does, at first I was kind of leery, I think he made three good picks. Now it’s just about narrowing down who would be best. I believe all of them would work. I’m going to feel like we lose either way it goes because I wish we could have all three. To me it’s three great coaches, three great programs, and staff from all three were great.”

What program was he leery about at first??

From corey evans. Another one having us a distant 3rd. This has been consistent this entire recruting process from all the recruiting experts. The only positive stuff has come from this board. This will be interesting the next week or two.

"Isaiah Jackson is now finished with his official visits. He visited Alabama over the weekend and, earlier this fall, visited Kentucky and Syracuse. The Orange made a quick run at things but this is more of a two-horse race between the Wildcats and the Tide. What it will come down to is whether or not his visit to Tuscaloosa was enough to make up the necessary ground needed in order to catch up to Kentucky.

No one has placed a greater priority on Jackson than the Tide in recent weeks but whenever Cal comes calling, it is difficult to say no, especially with the Wildcats searching for big men. Expect for a college decision within the coming days which will lead into a signing next month."

Pretty complimentary of bama but nothing too crazy...makes a case for all the programs left and hes definitely close to making a decision. I think he probably already knows where hes going. One thing that was a bit strange was this comment though.

"Where do things stand with the trio of finalists?"
“We’re still discussing them,” Wes Jackson said. “Each one has its own particular brand. All three in my opinion fit him for different particular reasons. I think the three that we’ve got for Isaiah and what he does, at first I was kind of leery, I think he made three good picks. Now it’s just about narrowing down who would be best. I believe all of them would work. I’m going to feel like we lose either way it goes because I wish we could have all three. To me it’s three great coaches, three great programs, and staff from all three were great.”

What program was he leery about at first??

I’m not sure he was leery of a particular school. I think he is saying he was leery about who his finalists would be.

I’m not sure he was leery of a particular school. I think he is saying he was leery about who his finalists would be.
Gotchya...wasnt sure how to take it. He almost came across as too complimentary of bama/oats. My gut says UK.

uh . . . syracuse offered him as a sophomore, literally years before the other two
Yep. So my question would be why has pretty much every single national media outlet/recruiting guru made us out to be the redheaded step child in this recruitment? Are we actually 3rd? Is it because like some on here have mentioned that Red and our staff doesnt communicate with these media guys? I'm not sure that's legitimate. More often then not these guys have a pretty solid grasp as to what's going on with these kids recruitments. Yea they dont always get it right but they usually have a good idea of 2 schools that could be possible for the kid. We have been consistently mentioned as the 3rd wheel throughout this entire thing.

If we land him I think it would be cool to have him shift as Rick Jackson did in 09-10 where he starts at the 4 and then slides to the 5 when the starting 5 goes out.
I dig it

Yep. So my question would be why has pretty much every single national media outlet/recruiting guru made us out to be the redheaded step child in this recruitment? Are we actually 3rd? Is it because like some on here have mentioned that Red and our staff doesnt communicate with these media guys? I'm not sure that's legitimate. More often then not these guys have a pretty solid grasp as to what's going on with these kids recruitments. Yea they dont always get it right but they usually have a good idea of 2 schools that could be possible for the kid. We have been consistently mentioned as the 3rd wheel throughout this entire thing.

My question is how would any of these recruiting gurus have any idea where he’s going? My guess is they don’t. They are guessing. It’s not like Jackson is giving them a rank ordering of the schools. If the kid doesn’t know yet, how would they?

They all picked Michigan State initially and MSU never made the cut.

Last edited:
Hey, if/when we sign IJ, it is all gravy because up to 2 months ago or less, not many of us were aware of his interest. If we do not sign him, okay we gave the good old college try. His parents appear to be very complimentary of each of his final three schools. So, you should not use that factor as a deciding factor. The family is right fully doing due diligence in his college selection process. Whatever decision made, it will be made by the family with very little outside influence. That is the way it should be.

While I hope he selects Syracuse, I wish him luck and success on his final decision.

My question is how would any of these recruiting gurus have any idea where he’s going? My guess is they don’t. They are guessing. It’s not like Jackson is giving them a rank ordering of the schools. If the kid doesn’t know yet, how would they?
True. I'm just saying that more often then not these guys at the very least have a decent idea as to where he might end up. Most of the stuff mentioned has been about 2 schools (not us). You say these recruiting gurus are guessing when it comes to this stuff but if that's true then they need to play the lotto...if you follow recruting then you would know that these guys are fairly accurate in their predictions. I will say that this recruitment has been fairly quiet and most of these guys have mentioned that they have had a hard time getting a good read on where hes heading so maybe they are just throwing crap against the wall and hoping it sticks. It would be encouraging though if at least one of these guys would mention us as being a actual contender here. Feels more like we are the pretender in this one and I hope that it shocks the heck out of all these guys once he picks cuse.

True. I'm just saying that more often then not these guys at the very least have a decent idea as to where he might end up. Most of the stuff mentioned has been about 2 schools (not us). You say these recruiting gurus are guessing when it comes to this stuff but if that's true then they need to play the lotto...if you follow recruting then you would know that these guys are fairly accurate in their predictions. I will say that this recruitment has been fairly quiet and most of these guys have mentioned that they have had a hard time getting a good read on where hes heading so maybe they are just throwing crap against the wall and hoping it sticks. It would be encouraging though if at least one of these guys would mention us as being a actual contender here. Feels more like we are the pretender in this one and I hope that it shocks the heck out of all these guys once he picks cuse.

These writers also need "clicks"...I would imagine if they dont really know much...write what will get the most looks? I dont know.

What do we think this means... and yes we should psychoanalyze a 17 year olds social media account. ;)

A31F870C-F829-4FFF-9A65-51EC9016B31F.jpeg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom