Class of 2017 - PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky | Page 137 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you honestly believe that? Do you really believe that Cal swoops in and offers kids hundreds of thousands of dollars to come to UK? Really? He has enough to sell without having to pull out a single dime to get kids to come. I dont know/care what he did prior to UK but it's crazy to think he pays players to come to UK. Just down right absurd! It amazes me how other fan bases will always claim cheating when a recruit commits to a Blue Blood school. When UK loses in state players to Alabama in football, I know it's not because Bama is paying them to come, it's because theyre a blue blood in football and I understand that. Same thing in basketball. Syracuse is an elite basketball school, no question about it and very respected program and coach but Duke and UK are on another level right now. I know it sucks to admit that but it's true and you can't blame kids for wanting to play on the biggest stage, in the biggest games, and with the best players. It's not money , it's those facts that sale themselves for Cal. Not to mention he has a habit of making kids millionaires. It sales itself. Why can't people just see the facts instead of saying they must be cheating. Ask any respected and intelligent person around the college basketball world and they'll tell you the same. Cuse doesn't need to pay players either.

IMG_0025.JPG

If I remember correctly, Stevie Thompson -- yes, Steve Thompson, started off playing the PG position that year. And I agree, with KA that team at least goes to the FF.

If Stevie didn't get mental about not being able to make foul shots toward the end of his run at Syracuse, he could have played in the NBA for 10 years. Such a shame, such a great guy.

If Stevie didn't get mental about not being able to make foul shots toward the end of his run at Syracuse, he could have played in the NBA for 10 years. Such a shame, such a great guy.
Stevie's twitch muscles must have been off the charts strong, to make him jump that high. Unfortunately, it looked like he used twitch muscles to chuck up foul shots.

bornagainOrange said:
Fwiw, Mike lindsely is talking to Quade coach this evening and Quade retreated it 799623273113915392

Great. He'll definitely not be coming to su now.

Really not understanding why his coach is going on air the day before the announcement.
Because apparently, everyone wants a piece of the UK hype machine ... which is continuously stoked by big-money boosters and media interests. If Quade succumbs, ESPN, as usual, will be humping UK's leg .. and I would expect copious coverage.

Last edited:
Don't really agree about Ellis (liked his game and think we didn't use him to the best of his abilities), but your broader point stands, despite the fact that it's not a popular one. Great team on paper, but teams of that era were missing something more than a point guard.

Back to the topic, it's not the end of the world if we miss out on a recruit. We've got a decent core coming back and we're going to fill roster spots with someone. Hopefully they're closer to the Hakim Warrick end of the spectrum than the Mark Konecny end.

A Mark Konecny mention - this thread has come about as full circle as you can at this point.

Great. He'll definitely not be coming to su now.
where did I say that? Im just letting everyone know how messed this whole thing is when Lindsley gets an interview with his coach the day before the announcement and Quade retweets it.

Not sure of the schedule of events but I got it from this:

It's just nuts to me as to how recruiting has changed since the dawn of social media. It seems to me like these recruits are more into posting what offers they have received and from who on social media, who has made the final list, and in making a big hoopla over their decision than they are in just choosing a school that they feel comfortable with. It has become more of a trend thing then deciding on what's best for their future, I feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.